Utawarerumono susie plugins

Kemonomimi Discussion

Moderator: Staffers

Utawarerumono susie plugins

Unread postby Ciel » February 21st, 2008, 3:34 am

So yeah, like the topic says, would anyone know where to get the susie plugins that could open the archives and read the image files within? Either battle sprites or portrait images ones are fine.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Balcerzak » February 21st, 2008, 8:43 am

http://elku.at.infoseek.co.jp/other.html

I snagged the Leaf Susie Plug-in, there's several contained in the package, and one in a subdirectory with the same name as one in the main directory, if I remember correctly. One of them lets you see the image thumbnails, but not the image, and the other is vice versa. Unless I misremember/did something wrong.
Balcerzak
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Ciel » February 21st, 2008, 11:52 am

Thanks. It worked perfectly. Shame it's not possible to get them with alpha channels so some black stuff like kamyu/mutsumi wings is damaged, but oh well, the fact that i can get them at all is awesome.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Balcerzak » February 21st, 2008, 2:04 pm

Glad I could help! :)

Hmm, that is unfortunate about the alpha layers, or whatever. (Not very fluent in technical details.) I didn't notice anything personally, but I didn't check all of the images.
Balcerzak
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Ciel » February 21st, 2008, 2:40 pm

Well it's something like this:

The first one is how the sprites look after extracting. Seems fine until you try to remove the background color. Then you get the second picture. An alpha channel basically keeps the "transparent layer" info, so with it the background around Mutsumi would be transparent instead of pure black, her edges would be blending with the backgrounds and all would be fine.

The plugins can only extract the images with alpha already pre-applied only it seems. Without it it'd look like the third one. Similar to first, except there are rough edges alpha channels take care of.

And well the ending result's supposed to look more like image #4 except with the magenta color being transparent and black edges fading from her sprites into the background. I had to edit it a bit to fill the blanks.

Edit: Well actually nevermind. That site you gave also had another neat program that converts the game's native format into 32 bit bmps. Then with another program i can convert those into 32 bit pngs and get the alpha channel just fine.

Mission accomplished. :o
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Balcerzak » February 21st, 2008, 5:34 pm

Ciel wrote:An alpha channel basically keeps the "transparent layer" info, so with it the background around Mutsumi would be transparent instead of pure black, her edges would be blending with the backgrounds and all would be fine.

I see!

Edit: Well actually nevermind. That site you gave also had another neat program that converts the game's native format into 32 bit bmps. Then with another program i can convert those into 32 bit pngs and get the alpha channel just fine.

Mission accomplished. :o

Oh yeah, the PX 画像コンバータ one? I downloaded that too, but hadn't experimented with it yet. I thought I mentioned that too, but apparently I forgot. Sorry, though, at least you found it.
Balcerzak
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Ciel » February 21st, 2008, 6:29 pm

Yeah that one. It's command line but very easy to use.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Sepheriel » December 28th, 2008, 11:18 am

Is there a way to view/extract the event cgs using Susie? I've looked through some of the files in the install directory and tried looked through ones on the disc but I can't find them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Balcerzak » December 31st, 2008, 11:48 pm

Sepheriel wrote:Is there a way to view/extract the event cgs using Susie? I've looked through some of the files in the install directory and tried looked through ones on the disc but I can't find them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I don't have Uta installed anymore so I can't walk you through which pack to open up and dig around in, but you should be able to get what you need with Susie and the plug-ins mentioned above, IIRC. If you have any more specific questions I might be convinced to dig out my disk and reinstall, but it will have to wait until the holidays are over and I'm back where the disk is.
Balcerzak
Crack Addic!

Unread postby tonyy » February 15th, 2009, 9:24 am

Can anyone help me through for viewing the music files using susie-plugin?

I've got both ExtractData and susie plugin downloaded but i have no idea how to use since its in japanese.
tonyy
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Mazyrian » February 18th, 2009, 8:27 pm

With Susie, you click the top-most icon and then open the uta data file you wish; you have to have the plug-ins installed first (I think in the same folder as Susie). Then some files you can double-click to see; others IIRC you just copy and paste somewhere.
With Extract data you open with the left-most icon and save with, I think the next one, one that seems like something would be saved if clicked.
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby X-Calibar » April 18th, 2009, 4:14 am

Hmm... using the Susie plugin and aparse I was able to extract images... Then using the pxtobmp I was able to load em in photoshop etc.
Now if I edit the images.. Is there a way to convert back to px files? And finally putting the multiple px files back into the original px file?
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Return to Utawarerumono Chat