The OP sequence

Kemonomimi Discussion

Moderator: Staffers

Milkman Dan
Totally hardly posted

The OP sequence

Unread post by Milkman Dan » February 18th, 2008, 6:29 am

My first post on this board. There's something which I've been really wondering about, and I honestly wonder if it's just me imagining things, or if it's really happening. Does the OP sequence change as you progress through the game? I hadn't looked at the OP for quite a while, until yesterday. I could swear there are small sequences that aren't in the OP anymore, and sequences that show up that I've never noticed before.

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » February 18th, 2008, 8:08 am

Wha?? R u sure?? I don't think it's possible, it's not a CG effect but an FMV, so it's unlikely to have them changed as u progress, then again, i'm sure there's only one FMV file for the OP in the game folder...

Since we r talking about this, i have a question regarding the OP

we all know how screwy the files placement in Utawarerumono's game folder right? I want to continue the game i played in my notebook in my desktop, so i copy the saves and some small files that i'm not sure what it is, and paste them on the game folder. After that, i can't play the OP in my desktop anymore, and some CG's that already unlocked in my notebook stay locked in my desktop.
Uchi kaeru....

Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Ciel » February 18th, 2008, 8:27 am

Yeah, the opening changes after certain battle. Not sure which one.

Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread post by Ryuusoul » February 18th, 2008, 4:52 pm

There are 2 different openings.

KnightBaron
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by KnightBaron » February 19th, 2008, 5:12 am

lolipedofin wrote:Wha?? R u sure?? I don't think it's possible, it's not a CG effect but an FMV, so it's unlikely to have them changed as u progress, then again, i'm sure there's only one FMV file for the OP in the game folder...

Since we r talking about this, i have a question regarding the OP

we all know how screwy the files placement in Utawarerumono's game folder right? I want to continue the game i played in my notebook in my desktop, so i copy the saves and some small files that i'm not sure what it is, and paste them on the game folder. After that, i can't play the OP in my desktop anymore, and some CG's that already unlocked in my notebook stay locked in my desktop.
You need to copy record.save too.

Lexica-chan
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Lexica-chan » February 20th, 2008, 3:48 pm

The two OPs are very similar, so little wonder you'd be confused. ;) Fortunately, they're both regular MPEG videos, so you can play them in your media player of choice.

Check out openning1.v and openning2.v :) (Yes... the filenames are misspelled like that :p)

Hyperbeast
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Hyperbeast » February 23rd, 2008, 5:55 am

Given the changes, I'd assume that the video switches once you've either completed the prologue (beat Nuwangi for the first time) or once you've become Ouro.

X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread post by X-Calibar » March 6th, 2008, 10:22 pm

These have ***spoilers*** in the video, but I thought it was neat to see...
Especially opening #2; they animated some of the static CGs from the PC game...
PS2 openings: I am wondering about buying the PS2 version... I sure would love to see the PC game get voices :wink:
Plus I'm curious about what scenes, CGs, etc are added into the game...

As for the PC openings, I thought it was a nice touch switching the video like that; I loaded it up one day, left the room and when I came back I glimpsed something that wasn't in the intro I remembered :O Then when I waited for it, to replay again it was the original opening :P Finally the next time I saw the new opening...
Nice.

PC openings:

Sandal Hat
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Sandal Hat » March 7th, 2008, 2:36 am

if you look at the two openings at the same time (pc/ps2) it's easy to tell what's different in the two, although ps2 opening has less subtle changes than the pc one, only about 4 things changed in the pc one that i notice

yuki_tsumotteru
Into 17 Pieces

Unread post by yuki_tsumotteru » July 23rd, 2008, 7:39 am

Wow, that second PS2 opening gives away a lot of stuff, especially that final shot - the FAQ says it changes after battle 24, which is LONG before you find out about the whole Mikoto thing. Glad I finished the game before I watched it o_o

Because I was curious, I wrote up a list of the scenes that change between the first and second versions of the PC opening, so here it is in case anyone else is interested:

OP 1 --> OP 2
Eruruw hanging laundry --> Urtoriy talking
Kitten Mukkur licking Aruruw --> Kamyu tackle-hugging Aruruw
Tuskur looking at the horizon + Sopok smacking Teoro --> Kurou, Karura and Eruruw drinking with villagers
Battle scene with Oboro facing Benawi --> Battle scene with Touka, Karura, Urtoriy and Kamyu
Kurou riding his woptaur across a plain at sunset --> Aruruw riding Mukkur across a field at sunset
Pan shot of Nuwangi, Sasante, Inkar and Kurou --> Pan shot of Kuuya, Hien, Hawenkwa and Niwe