The OP sequence

Kemonomimi Discussion

Moderator: Staffers

The OP sequence

Unread postby Milkman Dan » February 18th, 2008, 6:29 am

My first post on this board. There's something which I've been really wondering about, and I honestly wonder if it's just me imagining things, or if it's really happening. Does the OP sequence change as you progress through the game? I hadn't looked at the OP for quite a while, until yesterday. I could swear there are small sequences that aren't in the OP anymore, and sequences that show up that I've never noticed before.
Milkman Dan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby lolipedofin » February 18th, 2008, 8:08 am

Wha?? R u sure?? I don't think it's possible, it's not a CG effect but an FMV, so it's unlikely to have them changed as u progress, then again, i'm sure there's only one FMV file for the OP in the game folder...

Since we r talking about this, i have a question regarding the OP

we all know how screwy the files placement in Utawarerumono's game folder right? I want to continue the game i played in my notebook in my desktop, so i copy the saves and some small files that i'm not sure what it is, and paste them on the game folder. After that, i can't play the OP in my desktop anymore, and some CG's that already unlocked in my notebook stay locked in my desktop.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Ciel » February 18th, 2008, 8:27 am

Yeah, the opening changes after certain battle. Not sure which one.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Ryuusoul » February 18th, 2008, 4:52 pm

There are 2 different openings.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby KnightBaron » February 19th, 2008, 5:12 am

lolipedofin wrote:Wha?? R u sure?? I don't think it's possible, it's not a CG effect but an FMV, so it's unlikely to have them changed as u progress, then again, i'm sure there's only one FMV file for the OP in the game folder...

Since we r talking about this, i have a question regarding the OP

we all know how screwy the files placement in Utawarerumono's game folder right? I want to continue the game i played in my notebook in my desktop, so i copy the saves and some small files that i'm not sure what it is, and paste them on the game folder. After that, i can't play the OP in my desktop anymore, and some CG's that already unlocked in my notebook stay locked in my desktop.

You need to copy record.save too.
KnightBaron
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Lexica-chan » February 20th, 2008, 3:48 pm

The two OPs are very similar, so little wonder you'd be confused. ;) Fortunately, they're both regular MPEG videos, so you can play them in your media player of choice.

Check out openning1.v and openning2.v :) (Yes... the filenames are misspelled like that :p)
Lexica-chan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Hyperbeast » February 23rd, 2008, 5:55 am

Given the changes, I'd assume that the video switches once you've either completed the prologue (beat Nuwangi for the first time) or once you've become Ouro.
Hyperbeast
Crack Addic!

Unread postby X-Calibar » March 6th, 2008, 10:22 pm

These have ***spoilers*** in the video, but I thought it was neat to see...
Especially opening #2; they animated some of the static CGs from the PC game...
PS2 openings:
The PS2 opening #1
The PS2 opening #2

I am wondering about buying the PS2 version... I sure would love to see the PC game get voices :wink:
Plus I'm curious about what scenes, CGs, etc are added into the game...

As for the PC openings, I thought it was a nice touch switching the video like that; I loaded it up one day, left the room and when I came back I glimpsed something that wasn't in the intro I remembered :O Then when I waited for it, to replay again it was the original opening :P Finally the next time I saw the new opening...
Nice.

PC openings:
PC Opening #1
PC Opening #2
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Sandal Hat » March 7th, 2008, 2:36 am

if you look at the two openings at the same time (pc/ps2) it's easy to tell what's different in the two, although ps2 opening has less subtle changes than the pc one, only about 4 things changed in the pc one that i notice
Sandal Hat
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby yuki_tsumotteru » July 23rd, 2008, 7:39 am

Wow, that second PS2 opening gives away a lot of stuff, especially that final shot - the FAQ says it changes after battle 24, which is LONG before you find out about the whole Mikoto thing. Glad I finished the game before I watched it o_o

Because I was curious, I wrote up a list of the scenes that change between the first and second versions of the PC opening, so here it is in case anyone else is interested:

OP 1 --> OP 2
Eruruw hanging laundry --> Urtoriy talking
Kitten Mukkur licking Aruruw --> Kamyu tackle-hugging Aruruw
Tuskur looking at the horizon + Sopok smacking Teoro --> Kurou, Karura and Eruruw drinking with villagers
Battle scene with Oboro facing Benawi --> Battle scene with Touka, Karura, Urtoriy and Kamyu
Kurou riding his woptaur across a plain at sunset --> Aruruw riding Mukkur across a field at sunset
Pan shot of Nuwangi, Sasante, Inkar and Kurou --> Pan shot of Kuuya, Hien, Hawenkwa and Niwe
yuki_tsumotteru
Into 17 Pieces

Return to Utawarerumono Chat