Allocating BP?

Kemonomimi Discussion

Moderator: Staffers

Allocating BP?

Unread postby Question » February 17th, 2008, 3:42 am

Any tips for allocating BP so you dont end up with too weak characters and forced to load a save?
Question
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Ciel » February 17th, 2008, 5:26 am

Pretty much attack, and maybe sometimes into the defense. Once you max out attack some characters will dish out so much damage with their attacks the other stats won't matter much. It also affects spell power, so the more str the more damage will be dealt/recovered with spells.

I maxed out my Karura's strength and she dealt like 300-450 damage per hit for example.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Question » February 17th, 2008, 6:59 am

What about mdef and tech?

Does attack affect Eruru's healing?
Question
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Henduluin » February 17th, 2008, 7:29 am

Attack affects everything. Healing, spells, ranged and melee attacks.

As for tech, max it. ASAP. The characters' special attacks deal truckloads of damage, it's not even funny.
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » February 17th, 2008, 8:12 am

to me, which means i'm not sure whether i'm right or wrong, mdef is the least useful one, so you shouldn't bother with it.

Att is indeed the most useful one, but i also like to increase the def, especially Aruruw and put her as tanker. Karura's att is heavily exceptional it's not even fair.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby TakaJun » February 17th, 2008, 1:45 pm

I usually put most of the BP on attack. Kill the enemy before they can even touch you! :D
As for tech, either max it out, or don't touch it. The 3rd or 4th hit in a combo usually does one damage and not worth it unless you're going to be using the special move.
Mdef is really useless because most enemies will not use magic against you. But ignoring it could prove fatal for the last boss, because the boss uses magic and can wipe out your whole party in one blow on harder difficulties. It made me have to start all over to increase characters' mdef. :(
TakaJun

Unread postby Henduluin » February 17th, 2008, 2:33 pm

TakaJun wrote:As for tech, either max it out, or don't touch it. The 3rd or 4th hit in a combo usually does one damage and not worth it unless you're going to be using the special move.

Exception to this is Eruruu. Maxing her tech is nothing short of mandatory IMO. double heal = <3
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » February 17th, 2008, 2:52 pm

Really? what magic does Witsarnamithea (?.?) did?? from the normal mode i played, his attack seems quite simple.... Btw, i don't know whether this really work, or i just got lucky, or maybe because it was only normal mode, but during the last battle, i have Aruruw to attack the beast (us, based on looks and on bed.. 8) ) from the top left. From that position, you can hardly see aruruw as the view is blocked by the beast itself, by the end of battle, half of the group was wiped out and the other half was heavily damaged, while Aruruw was not even scratched, from the way i see it, it looks like it has no mean to attack Aruruw location, could be wrong though..
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Somnium » February 17th, 2008, 3:28 pm

TakaJun wrote:But ignoring it could prove fatal for the last boss, because the boss uses magic and can wipe out your whole party in one blow on harder difficulties. It made me have to start all over to increase characters' mdef. :(
Is it really that big of a deal though? Fought him on Hard 3 and didn't touch mdef of any of my characters. Everyone except for Touka, Oboro, and Karura was too low of a level and got knocked out in one hit anyway. However Touka had about 30 more mdef than the other two and was getting hit for the same amount. I'll try it on Hard 5 eventually, as soon as Kurou stops completely kicking my ass.
Somnium
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby KaneDragon » February 17th, 2008, 5:00 pm

Playing on normal, I found a one-square blind spot under the end boss's right arm. After beating them the normal way (99 attack Oboro ftw), I went back, parked Kamyu in the spot, and chipped away at his health with spells until he finally died. Lolipedofin seems to be talking about this, except this spot is a square away (an L-block from his hit box, just outside the range of his giant fire attack), so I don't know how lolipedofin secured a melee fighter like Aruruw.

Does he still have that blind spot in the harder difficulties?

It's a pain saving up to max out the Techs, though, considering how much attack you could get for the same amount... :(
KaneDragon
Might just like this board

Unread postby teiglin » February 18th, 2008, 9:17 am

Henduluin wrote:
TakaJun wrote:As for tech, either max it out, or don't touch it. The 3rd or 4th hit in a combo usually does one damage and not worth it unless you're going to be using the special move.

Exception to this is Eruruu. Maxing her tech is nothing short of mandatory IMO. double heal = <3

Fortunately her tech maxes out in a single step. But I agree, her tech is effectively +50% to all heals and, when her vitality is full, an additional full heal for those times you really need it.
teiglin

Unread postby TakaJun » February 18th, 2008, 9:30 am

KaneDragon wrote:Playing on normal, I found a one-square blind spot under the end boss's right arm. After beating them the normal way (99 attack Oboro ftw), I went back, parked Kamyu in the spot, and chipped away at his health with spells until he finally died. Lolipedofin seems to be talking about this, except this spot is a square away (an L-block from his hit box, just outside the range of his giant fire attack), so I don't know how lolipedofin secured a melee fighter like Aruruw.

Does he still have that blind spot in the harder difficulties?

It's a pain saving up to max out the Techs, though, considering how much attack you could get for the same amount... :(

Yeah, the blind spot disappears on harder difficulties. Once you get to the Hard 3-ish levels, mdef really starts counting.
TakaJun

Unread postby lolipedofin » February 18th, 2008, 11:10 am

Dang... that means we have to make sure the stats are not imba? should we focus on each chara's strength, or still share them equally? Like Karura focus on att, Aruruw focus on Def, Urtoriy focus on mdef?? And balanced chara like Hakuoro, how do we distribute them??

In the first place, is it impossible to do random hunting in the game for the sake of levelling up?
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Somnium » February 18th, 2008, 2:25 pm

If you need more BP just be sure to kill every barricade before winning the battle.
Somnium
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Darkbalmunk » February 18th, 2008, 7:08 pm

bleh also in harder modes maxing atk dmg and tech makes it easier but theres a chance ull get 1 shotted before a characters turn if u move them too far from teh group... bleh poor oboro he ran too far and got 2 shotted by monkeys.
i think he woulda prefered an archer death
Darkbalmunk

Unread postby TakaJun » February 19th, 2008, 3:07 am

If you don't care about retrying a stage, just keep dying at the very last enemy on purpose.
If you do this enough times, you will get mass amounts of BP when you finally beat the stage.

If you're trying not to continue even once (a prerequisite to get some of the titles in battle data), try keeping the useless characters out of battle, or have them not attack at all (this will prevent them from gaining BP, thus giving more BP to the characters you want to strengthen)
TakaJun

Unread postby lolipedofin » February 19th, 2008, 4:48 am

titles in the battle data?? what's that??

I already died once during my first time playing in normal mode, can i still get those whatever titles??

One more thing, if we purposely fail to win a battle and having to continue, does all the bp gained before we died will really still be accumulated?? are u sure??
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Gimon » February 19th, 2008, 5:43 am

Well, if you answer the "Wanna give it another go?"-question with Yes, you'll not only keep the BP but all gained experience also ^^
Gimon
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ThunderCloud » February 19th, 2008, 6:01 am

Gimon wrote:Well, if you answer the "Wanna give it another go?"-question with Yes, you'll not only keep the BP but all gained experience also ^^
I don't think BP carries over.
ThunderCloud
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Gimon » February 19th, 2008, 6:17 am

It's not that i know for sure myself, but that was, what i guessed after having like 450 BP for Haku when i finished the 3rd battle in hard3 (which i retried for like.. umm.. 6 times? Maybe even more. Jup, i really messed up big time there xD), which is imo very likely impossible. At least, if you didn't save em up from the beginning... ^^"
Gimon
Totally hardly posted

Next

Return to Utawarerumono Chat