Moderator: Staffers

font

Unread postby KaneDragon » February 15th, 2008, 6:19 am

img525.imageshack.us/img525/3618/toukadoyouwantsomecandyez4.jpg
How do I fix my font? :?:
KaneDragon
Might just like this board

Unread postby Message » February 15th, 2008, 6:37 am

This problem should no longer be occuring... Please give me some information so we can try to track it down.

1) What OS are you using?
2) Do you have Japanese fonts installed, or not?
3) If you go to options, what is listed as the selected font? (DO NOT click on it, I want to know what is selected NOW.)

Give me that, and we'll see if we can make it work for you.

Unread postby Ryuusoul » February 15th, 2008, 9:40 am

That problem is totally different from the issue before...
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby KaneDragon » February 15th, 2008, 6:30 pm

XP. I have Japanese font installed, but I think a lot of stuff relating to it was disabled in msconfig when someone was trying to fix something else on my computer. The font was "MS" and then some moonspeak (img252.imageshack.us/img252/206/58552954rw3.jpg).

Silly me for not seeing the "font" option before. I...er... accidentally clicked the option anyway. Now it's at Sazanami Mono, and everything is much better now.
KaneDragon

Unread postby Message » February 15th, 2008, 8:04 pm

You probably were trying to use full savefiles you downloaded somewhere? A fresh install of Uta Eng should default to SazaGoth.

@Ryuusoul: This is a font issue, not a script issue. Don't worry, not your problem to solve.

Unread postby KaneDragon » February 15th, 2008, 9:05 pm

I did not use any downloaded save files, or anything like that. I installed the game to C:\Program Files\Utawarerumono, installed the patch, moved the folder to C:\Games\Utawarerumono, and played it from the very beginning. Sazanami Mono is the only option available when I click the font option (which turned blank when I tried to back out of changing the font the first time). There's no way to change back to what it was; not that I want to...
KaneDragon

Unread postby Message » February 16th, 2008, 7:38 am

...That is very strange. It should not have chosen MS Gothic. Thanks for the report, I will keep a sharp eye on this. If anyone else experienced this problem, please let me know.

Unread postby Phlebas » February 18th, 2008, 5:54 pm

I got the exact same 'problem' 5 minutes into the game, didn't realize what caused it before looking up this thread, then it was quickly solved. It's really easy to reproduce as well, you only need to click 'font' in options and not choose the only option available - the field will become blank (I didn't think twice about it at the time since I assumed the only choice was defaulted back no matter where I click), and to fix it you just need to click font again and select the font from the box, Sazanami Mono i think it was. Doubt many ppl run into this, as you have to both be curious enough type to click on everything and then do the unnatural choice of not selecting the only option offered.
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Azurel » March 21st, 2008, 5:14 am

One wierd thing I experience is the same as Pheblas mentions, that the fontbox becomes blank if you press it and then not choose the option (which for me aswell is Sazanami Mono, not SazaGoth..)

When I think about it, I also used to have the problem with overlaping text..
Azurel
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby EvilDragon » April 4th, 2008, 7:21 am

I also had this problem, but it vanishes when Sazanami mono is selected in the options. Not a biggie, if you ask me.
EvilDragon
Posting more than n00bs

Return to Utawarerumono Chat