Let's Review the game! *Spoilers Infested Thread!*

Kemonomimi Discussion

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby ThunderCloud » February 18th, 2008, 5:10 am

No, I don't think the ero scenes detract from the game, they may not add much but they certainly don't detract from the game.

The first scene was fantastic for instance. While on one hand, I was thinking, "I played 12 hours... FOR THIS? How am I supposed to fap to this?" The scene builds Hakuoro's character, he was extremely depressed, confused, and finally snaps and uses sake as an excuse to attack Eruru. But he stops himself because he cares a lot for Eruru and didn't want things to be like that. And they end up cuddling throughout the night.

Karura's scene advances the story and it was also pretty humurous. Depends on how you look at it, it shows Karura as manipulative, or it shows that she is willing to sacrifice herself and "her innocense" :lol: in order to help her brother and her homeland. Without that H-scene, Hakuoro would've stayed out of Na Tunk.

Other scenes like Touka is just there for the humour. There are many other scenes like that in the game. Scenes that don't advance the story or develop the characters but are they just because they're funny or because it's cute. They too, are fan services.

I find it believeable that Hakuoro screws so many people, I understand that if extremely attractive women come onto you, running out the door and doing your taxes isn't something that's on the top of your list of things to think about. And I do think that Hakuoro loves everyone, there's just not much reasons to say no. The story would also have been a lot more boring if Hakuoro hooks up with Eruru early on and not pay any attention to the other women...

lolipedofin wrote:Yeah... I also kinda hated an eroge where there is plenty of girls but the story is hardly any different... I haven't played the whole tsukihime, but i think it is kinda like that by playing part of Ciel's route.
What, the stories between light side and dark side are totally different. It's not good to overgeneralize or assume things. Tsukihime does not have a boring story.

And it's in the nature of the game that events overlap. There's a handy function in the game that lets you skip scenes you've already read.
ThunderCloud
Posting more than n00bs
 
Posts: 20
Joined: February 16th, 2008, 12:06 am

Unread postby Drakron » February 18th, 2008, 6:21 am

lolipedofin wrote:Which leads to Hien's frustration and feel of inferiority... From the way Hien talk about it, i found that the thing he despises the most is his inferiority toward his grampa and the fact that he is not an evenkurga. Which make me assume that Evenkurga value the purity of the blood... then again, it was just an assumption that i made.


You are somewhat correct, he is not a Evenkurga and so cannot match him but issue is he trying to imitate his grandfather instead of finding his own path.

That is why at the end of the game he comes out as not weak since he found his own path.


The thing is, they gave the reason of wanting to have a baby twice in this game, Touka and Yuzuha, and i bet that if only it haven't been used twice, Urto will ask Hakuoro to impregnate her and give her a new baby as replacement (or whatever you want to call) it for Fumiruir. Lol, ok that's just a joke, but man... any reason is enough for sex in this game. Well, if you think about how the old (maybe even now) Japan use to value sex, it may be normal. But again, it just kill the mood and the image of any serious romantic relationship.


Urto have her reasons, she wanted a simple life and that scene hints she also loved Hakuoro so that is something she wanted to feel despite knowing that would end the next morning.

Urto is VERY hard to read since she rarely snaps (only happened a few times), its easier to read the rest of the cast since they display their emotions more often.

It's not like i have never experience love before ...
Exclusive relations are one thing, Hakuoro loved Mikoto and Eruruw is Mikoto but he never realized that until the end.

He had no reason to act different just because Eruruw liked him and yes, they had sex but you are acting as if sex is something exclusive to a exclusive relationship.

Also remember Eruruw NEVER says she loved him until he cancels the contract, Hakuoro have no much reason to see her as "the one true love" as he was still trying to piece things over ... when she said that you can see Hakuoro having regret of not being able to remain with her and not being able to see the truth about her feelings for him (and she being Mikoto, the only women he loved).

Also note the only women were he seeks comfort in is Eruruw, all the other scenes were not him trying to find comfort but being forced or giving comfort.
Drakron
Posting more than n00bs
 
Posts: 26
Joined: February 16th, 2008, 7:15 pm

Unread postby lolipedofin » February 18th, 2008, 7:56 am

He had no reason to act different just because Eruruw liked him and yes, they had sex but you are acting as if sex is something exclusive to a exclusive relationship.
Dude, that means he is a bastard, a sex fiend.

Let's just make this simple, have a girl play the game til the end, then ask her what she thought of the Hakuoro?? Answer this honestly, will they take him as someone who is good at comforting women, one that understand woman completely, an adorable and lovable person?? No! They will brand them as enemy of all women.

And get real, women take sex far more serious than guys do... There's no chance in hell, you can get 6 girls to laid as easily in the game... all that is for fanservice and all boy's imagination....


And about it detracts from the story, i never did say that... Some of it lead to the next story, some of it are comedic, some it are unnecessary. But tell u what, Karura tricked Hakuoro, Hakuoro have all the reason in the world to deny what just happen and even have her detain for manipulating him... With the right persuasion, he will help Na Tunk, why? cause he is good (and weak to women request) in nature.

The comedic, i hate the very idea sex just for fun, let alone just for laugh.

the unneccessary, then why have them?

Although it never did detract from the story, i'm gonna say this again, it kills the nuances of the game... And who said Eruruw and Hakuoro have to established early, their eroscene was established early because they have to make room for others ero-scene... they could make them hook up later by the end of the game, and have them getting close to each other in the most of the game.

Guys, you know what? i want this thread to review the whole game, not just the ero thingy, can we move on?
Uchi kaeru....
User avatar
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 915
Joined: May 31st, 2007, 12:04 am
Location: Lolitopia

Unread postby Ciel » February 18th, 2008, 8:33 am

Well according to that scientist she was "disassembled" and only thing left was her ... brain.


Yeah but in the "present times" she's pretty much normal.
User avatar
Ciel
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 454
Joined: March 11th, 2004, 6:44 am

Unread postby Drakron » February 18th, 2008, 7:05 pm

Ciel wrote:
Yeah but in the "present times" she's pretty much normal.


Yes and no, the scientists re-assembled Mutsumi when they lost Iceman, Iceman never got the chance to meet her since he gone Berserk the moment they mention what they did to Mikoto.

She is the founder and so the first Onkamiyamukai, even if never said I think Kamyu black wings given away she being the founder, the part of were it says about Urutori giving away her dreams of being a doctor to prevent Kamyu from being made the leader of Onkamiyamukai indicates that.

Its very likely Kamyu looked like Mutsumi but Mutsumi died long ago but remains in a cycle of reincarnation were Kamyu was the latest one.
Drakron
Posting more than n00bs
 
Posts: 26
Joined: February 16th, 2008, 7:15 pm

Unread postby ThunderCloud » February 18th, 2008, 9:10 pm

And about it detracts from the story, i never did say that...

In the game, we get to bang 6 girls in one story line! It actually reminded me of Ecchi Bani wa kirai? of course it's not as bad, but for me, the ero-scenes actually hurt the story a lot.


But tell u what, Karura tricked Hakuoro, Hakuoro have all the reason in the world to deny what just happen and even have her detain for manipulating him... With the right persuasion, he will help Na Tunk, why? cause he is good (and weak to women request) in nature.
Sorry, I failed to see your point. Anyway, that was Karura's way of asking for Hakuoro's help, as she won't simply accept charity and she doesn't have anything else she could offer Hakuoro.

Guys, you know what? i want this thread to review the whole game, not just the ero thingy, can we move on?
That'd be great.
Exclusive relations are one thing, Hakuoro loved Mikoto and Eruruw is Mikoto but he never realized that until the end.

He had no reason to act different just because Eruruw liked him and yes, they had sex but you are acting as if sex is something exclusive to a exclusive relationship.

Also remember Eruruw NEVER says she loved him until he cancels the contract, Hakuoro have no much reason to see her as "the one true love" as he was still trying to piece things over ... when she said that you can see Hakuoro having regret of not being able to remain with her and not being able to see the truth about her feelings for him (and she being Mikoto, the only women he loved).

Also note the only women were he seeks comfort in is Eruruw, all the other scenes were not him trying to find comfort but being forced or giving comfort.
Ehh... You mean Mikoto's descendent right?
ThunderCloud
Posting more than n00bs
 
Posts: 20
Joined: February 16th, 2008, 12:06 am

Unread postby Drakron » February 19th, 2008, 1:39 am

ThunderCloud wrote:Ehh... You mean Mikoto's descendent right?


No, Eruruw IS Mikoto ... look at the very end when Hakuoro realizes Eruruw is the reincarnation of Mikoto (the black and white flashback image of Mikoto holding their child).
Drakron
Posting more than n00bs
 
Posts: 26
Joined: February 16th, 2008, 7:15 pm

Unread postby lolipedofin » February 19th, 2008, 3:11 am

Not descendant, but not totally the same either.... Eruruw is the reincarnation of Mikoto. I'm not that familiar with the concept of reincarnation, but it was quite funny for me to see artificial human (cloned, made by human), to be able to join the cycle of reincarnation.... I heard that this game is heavily influenced by Ainu mythology and culture, Did the Ainu believe reincarnation?? The only Ainu reference that i know is Horohoro and Koropokkuru from Shaman King. :lol:
Uchi kaeru....
User avatar
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 915
Joined: May 31st, 2007, 12:04 am
Location: Lolitopia

Unread postby Gimon » February 19th, 2008, 4:54 am

Since I just finished Uta und until now mainly the Ero-point was discussed, I want to add some random thoughts of mine here. But well, to quote Minami-ke here: "Please don't expect too much", since I'm fairly good at reading English but have no idea bout my writing skills... ^^"

So to start, I'll add to that H-Discussion that I didn't really mind, since it seems to be something like "common knowledge" to the producers of games with a mass load of text, that Eroscenes are needed (maybe they influence the sales more than anyone would expect? O.o). I'll admit, that they were kinda out of place in the game. But some of the comments here made it sound like Hakuoro is screwing one of the Heroines right after the other, which may or - more likely - may not be true since we don't know, how much time passes between the episodes. Anyway, weren't they just extra for pervs among the audience? ;)

And now to the game itself:
Man, that was awesome, even without an epic storyline, like FF7 or something like that!
The artwork is great, I really, really love it. Some of the pictures are were well worth to be picked as wallpaper. Mine right now is the scene, where the heroines are taking a nap on Mukkur. That scene was just too cute. And so is Mukkur. Please make her lead-Haremette in the sequel! ^^ (Not that I have any hope for that...) But regretably, the pictures are just 640x480. Personally, I would love to see them in at least 1024x768...
The music was also really nice (the next thing I'll do after finishing this post is placing an order for the Soundtrack ^^), it fitted the mood in the lighthearted times as well as the drama parts. Well that's at least my opinion but concerning music it is very hard to make me not like it. Well except for techno and stuff, but since this isn't featured in Uta.. ^^
The next thing is the gameplay, which is fairly simply, but effective in its own ways. I guess, it's obvious how the novelpart feels like and I am really grateful, that the strategy part wasn't that hard and complicated at least on Normal mode. I just started a second try on Hard 3 ( or is there anything you'll get if you beat Hard 1&2?), and WHOA! It's like a completely new world. Guess I have to start thinking a little about tactics this time ^^"
So to summarize that part, the overall presentation is very nice! As for me, I especially liked the idea to change the opening during the progress of the story! Speaking of progress, is it just me, or were the story-advancement-scenes in isoperspective more than anything a very good laugh? The lol'ed more than once about the scripted fights. And Hakuoros transformation. Muahaha xD

Well now lets (finally O.o) come to the most important part in text-loaded games like these: The story (and how it is told).
I guess the storytelling is the one thing that makes the whole charme of the game. It was quite surprising, that a game dealing with things like war manages most of the time to be a light-hearted slice-of-life-comedy like it is. And due to its lightheartedness the dramatic moments were - in my opinion - much more striking than they would have been without the comedy. Man I was really shocked, when it seemed like Aruruw isn't going to be heroine anymore ;_;
However, there is one BIG complaint that I have about the story itself, because I really have the feeling that they were writing a story, but halfway through (meaning: when Hakuoro becomes Ouro/Emperor) they decided something like "Well, now he rules over a country, so lets go give him some girls and make him the Lustful Emperor!" because up until then, the party was almost male (except for Eruruw and Aruruw) and afterwards only girls join (except for Genjimaru and Karuras' brother (please insert minor characters name xD) if i remember correctly). Which doesn't mean, that what comes after is bad. It is just that I have this feeling, as if there was much more story behind the sister-flowers thingy. And that the storywriters had something in mind with Nuwangi for later on, which is in my opinion also indicated by his entry in the Encyclopedia. I would have really liked those two to have a meaning for later on, but well. In the end it's the Scenario writers' decision anyway ^^"

And, last but not least, the Characters:
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
'Nuff said! xD
btw my favorite Haremettes: Mukkur (see above, lol ^^) and, for some strange reason, Kuuya. Poor girl. She really did not deserve what she got. Auuu~

Whoa, thats quite a lot of text for a first post xD
Anyway, Hey ho, everybody! Let's have a good time! Or something ^^
Gimon
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 3
Joined: February 19th, 2008, 3:38 am

Unread postby lolipedofin » February 20th, 2008, 7:11 am

About the ero-discussion, it's my fault for starting it...lol. About influencing the sales, you're partially right... This is just one case example, Clannad (a non-ero VN) was 2nd in their sales ranking behind Fate/Stay Night, of course as everybody knows equipped with ero-scenes... i forgot how do they do this statistic but i do believe that they're released at the same year (if i'm not wrong). However, we have to remember that F/SN is a total phenomenon in the VN industry, i think it still hold the record for the biggest sale in VN genre. However, Clannad still topped F/SN in a polling by a magazine for the most popular VN ever, Clannad finished first and F/SN followed closely in second, the credibility of this poll however, don't ask me...

So there is proof that a VN can succeed without ero-scenes, although there is also a fact that Key's previous games, AIR and Kanon (both are eroge) already garnered plenty of fans and reputation. Well, i keep counterclaiming my own statement here... decide for yourself, whether ero is necessary in a VN success.

And i have a question too about Utawarerumono, maybe Ryuusoul can help me with this... How long actually Hakuoro occupied the throne?? because i'm under the influence that after Urtoriy and Kamyu second arrival (as Yuk... Yok...Yom... as priest!!) everything happened quite rapidly. Well, no matter how far apart the ero-scenes happen, i still think someone who sleep with 6 different girls in one year as an asshole. I don't know how western culture view this, but in eastern culture (including japan) you gotta be very kinky to be able to do that. And it's not like they won't see each other anymore, it's all a one-night stand but they still see themselves everyday cause they all live in one palace, that wouldn't feel comfortable at all! but meah, whatever... let's stop the ero discussion (i'm saying that, but i'm the one who actually started it... :P ).


I agree with you, the music was lovely, the artwork is also captivating... i actually prefer this kind of simple artwork than the complicated one... Too bad that there's not too many background, it sometimes make the scene looks boring, they should have drawn more background for variety.

And about your complaints, i also found some plotholes in the game that i still question until now... Like the whole Rakshain, although it is less significant, i would still like that matter to be solved. Also why Kamyu (or maybe mutsumi) drinks blood? Does anybody have answer to those, maybe i'm the one who missed them.
Uchi kaeru....
User avatar
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 915
Joined: May 31st, 2007, 12:04 am
Location: Lolitopia

Unread postby Ryuusoul » February 20th, 2008, 8:07 am

Many times people want each and every thing explained in a story. They call things that aren't explained "plot holes".

But real life doesn't work that way.

Real life has a lot of "plot holes".

Good stories often tell things in rich detail and hint at others.

A world that has unknowns left to discover is more realistic than one where everything is neatly explained.

Just food for thought.
User avatar
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy
 
Posts: 318
Joined: September 5th, 2004, 3:05 am

Unread postby lolipedofin » February 20th, 2008, 9:35 am

Ryuusoul wrote:Many times people want each and every thing explained in a story. They call things that aren't explained "plot holes".
But real life doesn't work that way.
Real life has a lot of "plot holes".
Good stories often tell things in rich detail and hint at others.
A world that has unknowns left to discover is more realistic than one where everything is neatly explained.
Just food for thought.


True that... I agree with what u said, but that won't stop people from complaining... even at their own life (mostly at their own life). It's in human nature that we seek all answers, curiosity is what brought progress and one of the line separating us from animals... human don't take things as they are, they question even their own existence.

Alright, i'll quit the chicken soup post... you can pick your jaw again and close u're mouth.. :lol:

Ok, i know where u coming from, but still it doesn't mean we can't question 'em... And this game for me in particular got quite a lot of unanswered question by the end of it... i'm not complaining, but just want to point out and discuss it...

-Rakshain? Who he is? What happen with him afterwards.
-The merchant whose eyes never opened, what happen to him?
-Mikoto's key for the lab gate, how does it end up at Eruruw's hair?
-Why Kamyu/Mutsumi drink blood?
-From which age Hakuoro come from? who is the one killed in front of the fossil, who killed him, what deal that fossil and the dead man made?
-How does Aruruw recover from Av Kamiw (is that the name?) attack? Did Eruruw act like she didn't remember or did she really forgot the day afterward.
-The other God, the God that Kuuya's people worship... who is He? what relation does he have with Witsarnamithea (hope i type it right). Is it the scientists?
-How does Ossan (forgot his name) died? he came all merry and ask Hakuoro for help then after the battle he suddenly on his deathbed.
-Assuming Icemen is Hakuoro, he supposed to got amnesia (when they revive him from ice) and then live in the underground lab. How could he know agriculture?
-What/who is Diy? How he lives his life as Onkamiyamukai (again, sorry if written wrong) before he went missing.
-What is exactly Karura's past? How she ended up as a slave?
-What is Yuzuha's disease?
-How did Karura become acquainted with Urtoriy
-Kuuya? Her whole story and life is pretty much in question. Not to mention her ending seems incomplete to me.

There, i think i can make it longer, but i'll stop for today... What do you think of it? If the game or the anime(haven't watched it) actually has the answer and u know then please share it... The completely unaswered one?? Well, can't do much about it, just say your thoughts about it..
Uchi kaeru....
User avatar
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 915
Joined: May 31st, 2007, 12:04 am
Location: Lolitopia

Unread postby Henduluin » February 20th, 2008, 10:36 am

Rakshain? Who he is? What happen with him afterwards.

It was the guy's (forgot his name) brother, pretty much what was said ingame. The thing is, Diy put a spell on him so Hakuoro looked like Rakshain. What really happened to the guy was never said, I presume he died or just disappeared.

The merchant whose eyes never opened, what happen to him?

Nothing, as far as I know. He's still around, somewhere.

lolipedofin wrote:-Mikoto's key for the lab gate, how does it end up at Eruruw's hair?


It was obviously passed down from mother to daughter, its meaning eventually lost over time thus becoming a simple family heirloom.

Why Kamyu/Mutsumi drink blood?

I'm going to guess it has to do with the fact she was made with Hakuoro's DNA. The exact how and why though, no idea.

From which age Hakuoro come from? who is the one killed in front of the fossil, who killed him, what deal that fossil and the dead man made?

Hakuoro was the scientist that was shot in modern (as in, our) time. God knows who the other scientist was. The deal the fossil and Hakuoro made is rather simple: Hakuoro lives but gives his body to the fossil (Witserwhatshisname).

How does Aruruw recover from Av Kamiw (is that the name?) attack? Did Eruruw act like she didn't remember or did she really forgot the day afterward.

Hakuoro healed her, again. Not sure why Eruruu didn't tell him, probably because she noticed Hakuoro hadn't fully awakened yet.

The other God, the God that Kuuya's people worship... who is He? what relation does he have with Witsarnamithea (hope i type it right). Is it the scientists?

Wasn't that just Witserwhatshisname's other half? Diy?

How does Ossan (forgot his name) died? he came all merry and ask Hakuoro for help then after the battle he suddenly on his deathbed.

He was faking. He got wounded trying to defend the village.

Assuming Icemen is Hakuoro, he supposed to got amnesia (when they revive him from ice) and then live in the underground lab. How could he know agriculture?

Hakuoro himself was a scientist, then later fused with a god-like being. It's not so surprising he knew a thing or two about agriculture.

What/who is Diy? How he lives his life as Onkamiyamukai (again, sorry if written wrong) before he went missing.

Diy is the part of Witserwhathisname that split off. Hakuoro is the other half. Diy embodied the violent part that wanted to destroy humans, Hakuoro embodied the part that wanted to stop himself.

What is exactly Karura's past? How she ended up as a slave?

I believe the anime went into this with more detail, try watching that. If I recall right, she had to flee when her home was attacked when she was young, then got captured.

What is Yuzuha's disease?

Does it matter? It's obviously an incurable disease. The exact name doesn't matter.

I suggest re-reading the story again :p A lot of this was explained pretty well ingame.
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
User avatar
Henduluin
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 341
Joined: November 5th, 2006, 3:29 pm
Location: Dutchtopia

Unread postby ThunderCloud » February 20th, 2008, 10:09 pm

-Rakshain? Who he is? What happen with him afterwards.
Rakshain is just some random asshole.

-The merchant whose eyes never opened, what happen to him?
Who cares, he's a minor characters who just goes around selling shit to Oros. He likely continues to do so.

-Mikoto's key for the lab gate, how does it end up at Eruruw's hair?
I'm under the impression that Eruru is Mikoto's descendent.

-Why Kamyu/Mutsumi drink blood?
lol I dunno.

-From which age Hakuoro come from? who is the one killed in front of the fossil, who killed him, what deal that fossil and the dead man made?
He's one of the people who first discovered the fossil. He was shot, blood got on the mask, and he entered into a contract / processed, then he got frozen, then he got discovered again by humans later. I think.

-How does Aruruw recover from Av Kamiw (is that the name?) attack? Did Eruruw act like she didn't remember or did she really forgot the day afterward.
Hakuoro likely saved Aruru because of contract with Eruru. Then Eruru pretended nothing happened. I think.

-The other God, the God that Kuuya's people worship... who is He? what relation does he have with Witsarnamithea (hope i type it right). Is it the scientists?
They worship the half of ice man that processed Diy.

-How does Ossan (forgot his name) died? he came all merry and ask Hakuoro for help then after the battle he suddenly on his deathbed.
He pretended everything was fine, the villagers escaped in order to not worry Hakuoro when infact, everyone died and he wasn't far off.

-Assuming Icemen is Hakuoro, he supposed to got amnesia (when they revive him from ice) and then live in the underground lab. How could he know agriculture?
Amnesia doesn't mean you forget everything. He likely retains the the knowledge from before he was processed.

-What/who is Diy? How he lives his life as Onkamiyamukai (again, sorry if written wrong) before he went missing.
Diy was processed by the other half of Ice Man when he went exploring.

-What is exactly Karura's past? How she ended up as a slave?
She was the dude without balls' lover. It's likely that she willingly boarded the slave ship in order to escape.

-What is Yuzuha's disease?
Imbalance of the elements.

-How did Karura become acquainted with Urtoriy
Not explained.

-Kuuya? Her whole story and life is pretty much in question. Not to mention her ending seems incomplete to me.
... That's not a question. And I don't see any mysteries or loose ends. She freaked out, went retarded, and lives happily ever after.

conclusion: pay more attention!
ThunderCloud
Posting more than n00bs
 
Posts: 20
Joined: February 16th, 2008, 12:06 am

Unread postby Drakron » February 21st, 2008, 6:45 am

-Rakshain? Who he is? What happen with him afterwards.

Explained in the game.

He was Orikakan son-in-law and seem to have caused his (own) wife and son death by a fire, at least Orikakan believed that.

Even if never revealed Rakshain likely died (there is no evidence he was alive), Orikakan was simply made believed that Hakuoro was him to start a war.

-The merchant whose eyes never opened, what happen to him?

Nothing, minor character ... likely he gone on living.

-Mikoto's key for the lab gate, how does it end up at Eruruw's hair?

Never revealed, she likely found it (Mikoto said she thrown it away) or someone did and somehow end up in her possession.

-Why Kamyu/Mutsumi drink blood?

Never revealed, Mutsumi might got the taste for some unexplained reason ... nothing says Kamyu needed that.

-From which age Hakuoro come from? who is the one killed in front of the fossil, who killed him, what deal that fossil and the dead man made?

Likely comes from modern age.
Yes, that is Iceman.
Someone who did not wanted the Fossil to be found ... does not seem to been the first time.
Iceman wanted to sleep, the "Fossil" wanted to exist in a psychical form so that was the contract.

-How does Aruruw recover from Av Kamiw (is that the name?) attack? Did Eruruw act like she didn't remember or did she really forgot the day afterward.

Witsarnemitea could heal it, Hakuoro simply did and likely did erased everyone memory ... Eruruw might remember but I guess she had no idea how Witsarnemitea looked likely, she might had connected the dots after that but unable to say anything about it.

-The other God, the God that Kuuya's people worship... who is He? what relation does he have with Witsarnamithea (hope i type it right). Is it the scientists?

Onbitaekayan was likely Diy, Onbitaekayan really did not exist in the way they say (since we know were do all of then come from) and Dii was simply one of the two sides of Witsarnemitea with Hakuoro being the other.

-How does Ossan (forgot his name) died? he came all merry and ask Hakuoro for help then after the battle he suddenly on his deathbed.

Ossan died from his wounds, he likely was injured and had to run all the way to the capital ... he pulled a good show because he knew they had to time.

-Assuming Icemen is Hakuoro, he supposed to got amnesia (when they revive him from ice) and then live in the underground lab. How could he know agriculture?

Icemen is Hakuoro and nothing says he had amnesia on that time, also he was a scientist and likely had that knowledge.

Its not even a question of knowing, he would automatic knew some things since he was a facet of Witsarnemitea.

-What/who is Diy? How he lives his life as Onkamiyamukai (again, sorry if written wrong) before he went missing.

Diy was a scholar that end up being in contact with Witsarnemitea, he was taken over by the "survival of the strongest" aspect of Witsarnemitea.

-What is exactly Karura's past? How she ended up as a slave?

Unexplained besides the coup in the Palace, she escaped with her brother and from beyond that its not disclosed much.

Same with capture, she might been fighting to help her brother in the shadows and got careless.

-What is Yuzuha's disease?

Unbalance of the elements, note how all units have a element ... that was Yuzuha problem.

-How did Karura become acquainted with Urtoriy

Never detailed besides they knew each other but seeing how she knew Urtoriy "Do not mess with me" ... I take they were at least friends.

-Kuuya? Her whole story and life is pretty much in question. Not to mention her ending seems incomplete to me.

Not really ... she was Ouro of her people succeeding her father and she young, naive and too sheltered that lead to her being dependent on other people, she was also under a lot of stress to do the "correct" thing and had few people to get friendly advice.
Drakron
Posting more than n00bs
 
Posts: 26
Joined: February 16th, 2008, 7:15 pm

Unread postby lolipedofin » February 21st, 2008, 9:16 am

Well, i do read carefully, and some of the answers you posted, i already know... Don't get me wrong, not trying to be smartass... some of your answer i did overlook in the game.

What i want to point out is that some of it was left vague, and i don't think it's that bad of an idea as it let you speculate (like what we're doing), and imagine by yourself, it's just in my opinion, this game has too many of it. Eruruw's hair accessory is one of the speculation made... but wasn't Mikoto captured in the end, and the scientists kill her or something, which made icemen henshin and annihilate them all.

Btw, about Onbitaekayan (following what Drakron written)... I have a theory about it... Kuuya said something about Onbitaekayan (from now on abbreviated as Onbi) as the real onkami right?? and Witsarnamitea (from now on abbreviated as Witsy) is the evil spirit that revolt against it, right?? From that statement, i made a theory that the scientists (the one that dig icemen) as the Onbi, they are in a sense their god... the scientists created/cloned them based on icemen, remember??

Then the icemen became Witsy and annihilated them all, just like Kuuya's story... And they did say something about the red blob/slimy at the end of the game as parts of the onbi, we know that when witsy gone mad in the flashback, the scientists were screaming about them becoming red slime...

What do you think about that theory??
Uchi kaeru....
User avatar
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 915
Joined: May 31st, 2007, 12:04 am
Location: Lolitopia

Unread postby Drakron » February 21st, 2008, 8:00 pm

Not really, Onbitaekayan is pretty much "Diy" idea since he given then the same "mechs" (not really mechs, they are organic ... more like a EVA unit from NGE) that the scientists created to capture Iceman (and they refer to then with the same name, Avu Kamuu).

Remember, they made a pact with Onbitaekayan and exchange they received power (Avu Kamuu), Onbitaekayan and Witsarnamitea are one and the same and "Diy" is not Iceman.

Another thing none knew what the red blobs were (when they show up), the only thing they say is the place is uncomfortable as they feel the presence of onkami and that was after the moved from the labs area into the cave/seal area.

Of course "magic" IS real in Utawarerumono.
Drakron
Posting more than n00bs
 
Posts: 26
Joined: February 16th, 2008, 7:15 pm

Unread postby ayadew » February 22nd, 2008, 9:41 pm

Well..
Intro was great, serious, yet mysterious, and focused on the characters, not what happened around them. Eruruw got gradually more interesting here, to be pushed away completely by the best characters later on (Touka and Karura).
Can't help but being dissapointed in how they handled all the ero scenes, they felt forced and fanservice = meaningless. You barely got to know the characters before you saw them naked.. couldn't they just have focused on the girl Hakuoro had most closure with, Karura or Eruruw?
Some of you guys seem to play the game just for this, sucks to be you I guess, since it was just crap, hehe!
Karura did get some interesting story, pity they didn't make much of it.

Music was alright, nothing special.. one song or two.

And the whole plot got kinda messy in the end, only after I'd though a while I realised what that contract with Eruruw meant. That should have been more obvious, since it's such a vital thing to the plot.

Plus Diy just pops up from nowhere, then the whole point with the mask unravels, and the story just turns 180 degrees and focuses on that instead of Hakuoro's country which it was all about. The mask had no point in the other story, then to be focus? I wasn't interested in that at all, it was the drama and the games around and with the countries that the whole story was built on.

But the RPG part was fun and refreshing, although way too easy, even on hard difficutly. Karura and Touka just 1shotted everything with insane combos and maxed attack.

All in all it was worth playing, but I just hate to see wasted potential.
And so many loose ends. GRR
User avatar
ayadew
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 601
Joined: December 11th, 2007, 9:25 pm
Location: Sweden

Unread postby galvenize » February 23rd, 2008, 12:13 am

After watching the anime and playing the game right after, it appears i don't understand a lot of things
correct me if i'm wrong

-The all beginning is when Iceman got shot when he discovered something he shouldn't. The blood was absorbed by the fossile. How long has the time passed until he wake up again with some strange mask on his figure and became a subject? He has lost his memory from his accident.

-When all the subjects were freed so as iceman and mikoto, it was said they were iceman's children since they were created after iceman. So all the ppl we met through the game story on earth are "descendents" of those subjets?

-In the end... Who is Iceman and mikoto's child? How come the ring she recieved was given to eruru ?

-Mitsumi #63 was a failed subject, that has no material form... it's only spirit that loves iceman and consider him as it's father, right?

-When Iceman got caught again and lost mikoto, he went mad and transform himself (against his will?) to destroy everything around granting wishes there and there. He wanted to be stoped, to be killed. Mitumi appears to grants his wish, but finally he got sealed and sent on earth. Time passed and there was when he met dii for the first time. He possessed him and got split for some reason...Since they can't be together, hakuoro(wounded?) was thrown away of dii's body and went in the forest were he met eruru and made a contract in order to heal himself.... through this, he lost his memory, gained back his human form and there starts the game?

i forgot to talk about other things i don't understand but i can't remember myself atm...


Talking about caracters...
Karura did truly love Hakuoro ? "Saharie Naturita" ? what does it exactly mean?... well if only she didn't forced Hakuoro with the parfume to make the "contract" together ... I mean, as if Hakuoro needed a drug XDDD... nah seriously i wished it was done more nicely and romantic and all and all <3.
since karura is a character i really appreciate and since she's the only one who finished the game with 93 strength and hitting the final boss around 300 XDDD
Touka really is clumsy when she doesn't have a katana or a fishing rod in her hands... xD... And really naive, when she was told how to make a baby ROFL. I wished she could have seen Hakuoro more as a lover and not as a master to protect with her life... It would be nice if this game had an ending corresponding to one of the girls... but it would have messed up the main story.. nvm then.
At the end, Yazuha got her baby...surprise for me cuz it didn't appear in the anime (well i kinda understand since yazuha was really looking like a little girl in it). But the fact she died at the end was one hell of a thing :cry: especially in the game... really sad.
One of the coolest guy, i call forward Benawi, did not show up often after the "Sasante Arc"...
OMG if the game didn't exist i would always have seen Oboro's 2 servants as girls at the end of the anime... but no ... they really are boys.
User avatar
galvenize
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 129
Joined: August 17th, 2007, 4:38 pm
Location: France , want some bread?

Unread postby Drakron » February 23rd, 2008, 5:20 am

-The all beginning is when Iceman got shot when he discovered something he shouldn't. The blood was absorbed by the fossile. How long has the time passed until he wake up again with some strange mask on his figure and became a subject? He has lost his memory from his accident.

Unknown, considering all life on Earth was wiped out and those scientists no longer had a immune system capable of handling virus ... must been a VERY long time, likely over 1000 years.

-When all the subjects were freed so as iceman and mikoto, it was said they were iceman's children since they were created after iceman. So all the ppl we met through the game story on earth are "descendents" of those subjets?

Well yes and no, they were based on Iceman DNA but they build based on the fact Iceman HAD a immune system capable of withstanding living on the surface.

They were as much descendant of him as we are all brothers at best, from a genetic POV.

-In the end... Who is Iceman and mikoto's child? How come the ring she recieved was given to eruru ?

Iceman and Mikoto child? unknown ... good chances of being dead since the child was a baby and he turned everyone into red slimes, except for Mitsumi that never says she did anything about and of course they already killed Mikoto with him being next.

-Mitsumi #63 was a failed subject, that has no material form... it's only spirit that loves iceman and consider him as it's father, right?

No, Mitsumi had a body since the scientist said they had to restart to experiment on her again after Iceman escape, also before that they disassembled her body but keep her brain ... in the game time period Mitsumi spirit lives on the bodies of her descendants, the Onkamiyamuka waiting to awake.

-When Iceman got caught again and lost mikoto, he went mad and transform himself (against his will?) to destroy everything around granting wishes there and there. He wanted to be stoped, to be killed. Mitumi appears to grants his wish, but finally he got sealed and sent on earth. Time passed and there was when he met dii for the first time. He possessed him and got split for some reason...Since they can't be together, hakuoro(wounded?) was thrown away of dii's body and went in the forest were he met eruru and made a contract in order to heal himself.... through this, he lost his memory, gained back his human form and there starts the game?

... I know its confusing but no, Iceman and Witsarnamitea are different persons (after all Iceman entered a contract with Witsarnamitea) and even if Iceman wanted to be killed he was also not shy of twisting the scientists words to give then a fate worst then death.

Also this is were the game goes give a bit of a plot plot hole ... Diy was possessed at least 10 years before the game timeline started since he was the one that given the Avu Kamuu to the Shakukopuro but the game also gives the idea Diy going "missing" was a relative new event so were lies the truth?

Diy found Witsarnamitea, Witsarnamitea enters a contract with Diy, "Diy" starts the conflicts around so they can evolve, years pass and then Witsarnamitea enters a contract with Eruruw and game starts with her taking care of Hakuoro that is also Witsarnamitea.

Iceman is Witsarnamitea body but so is "Diy", if Diy dies its not a issue since Witsarnamitea can just get a new one but Iceman is a different matter since it contains the real body of Witsarnamitea (the mask), not that is a issue because neither of then can actually be killed, if "Hakuoro" "dies" he simply goes back to sleep and "Diy" wins that round until Iceman reawakens and forges a new contract.

Confused? well if you still are ... lets say its a very complex concept to understand.

- Karura did truly love Hakuoro ? "Saharie Naturita" ? what does it exactly mean?... well if only she didn't forced Hakuoro with the parfume to make the "contract" together ... I mean, as if Hakuoro needed a drug XDDD... nah seriously i wished it was done more nicely and romantic and all and all <3.

Its Karura (out of character for her to not act in that way) ... and even if its "made up language" we could easy guess it means something as "my love" (they were nice enough to make her say that in the end so we would get it).

- Touka really is clumsy when she doesn't have a katana or a fishing rod in her hands... xD... And really naive, when she was told how to make a baby ROFL. I wished she could have seen Hakuoro more as a lover and not as a master to protect with her life... It would be nice if this game had an ending corresponding to one of the girls... but it would have messed up the main story.. nvm then.

Touka likely loved him as well ... take her reaction in the after credits ending were she have the exact same reaction as Karura when someone badmouths Hakuoro, she IS hard to read since she is pretty much "comedy relief".

- At the end, Yazuha got her baby...surprise for me cuz it didn't appear in the anime (well i kinda understand since yazuha was really looking like a little girl in it). But the fact she died at the end was one hell of a thing :cry: especially in the game... really sad.

The anime lacks the sexxoring going around so it would be awkward to just have Yazuha having a baby since as we KNOW were it comes from the game nobody would get it in the anime, all that lead to that was simply cut in the anime and that is why a lot of sex scenes do make sense.

Same deal with Karura that lost her sex scene, Eruruw gets there before the fun starts (the contract is also absent) and un-Karura like she stops, also a lot of the teasing that was in the aftermath was also removed in the anime.

The anime pushed Eruruw/Hakuoro pairing too much ... sure the game ends in that way but they end up also cutting every scene were everyone else that had feelings for Hakuoro acting in that way (tail grabing? Anime was Eruruw as in the game is Aruruw).

Touka was also hit pretty bad in the cutting because her funny moments are simply gone (they exist in the DVD specials) so I think the games does a better job with the sexxoring because in the end at least you get the point they were losing not only their friend but a loved one.

- One of the coolest guy, i call forward Benawi, did not show up often after the "Sasante Arc"...

The anime expands his role a bit ... but I think the reason is Benawi kinda takes the same spot as Hakuoro as "tactical genius" since he was pretty much done as Hakuoro equal during the rebellion arc and after that arc ending the only choices were killing him or having join but not at the expense of other characters.
Drakron
Posting more than n00bs
 
Posts: 26
Joined: February 16th, 2008, 7:15 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Utawarerumono Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest