Ending discussion *spoilers ahead*

Kemonomimi Discussion

Moderator: Staffers

After anime.

Unread postby kenny2008 » December 11th, 2008, 6:35 am

Just finished the anime, haven't start the game, it is touch.
In the anime, at the end, haven't strong evidence Hakuoro come back to the village.
it make me quite disappointed. :(

Is it same ending in game?

is happy to see many people chat about the story. :)
Last edited by kenny2008 on December 12th, 2008, 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
kenny2008
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Mkilbride » December 11th, 2008, 1:26 pm

You don't really want spoilers, do you?

It is a great game. It's superior to the anime(But the anime is pretty good in it's own right)plus the strategy element makes it alot of fun. It's like a watered down Disgaea.

I was taken aback by the game, I wasn't sure what to expect, but the patch had been released, and well - Mirror Moon translated it, so I KNEW it had to be good. Pretty much anything they take their time to translate, I'll go get.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby furyoftheskies » December 13th, 2008, 7:12 am

I like utaware though

I actually watched the anime before playing the game, and I prefer the anime to the game actually.

The ending however, was quite different. The VN ending was better. Meh, even if Hakuoro came back to life, what more could there be?

P.S. IF you guys haven't seen the DVD extras, you should.

They contain the extra scenes from the VN, like the scene where Aruru hides inside of Mukuru, the scene where Hakuoro and Oboro eat the spoiled food and fight for the bathroom, and the scene where Hakuoro breaks Touka's doll. All very amusing
Currently Translating: Pure Pure The Story of Ears and Tails AKA Pyua Pyua Mimi to Shippo no Monogatari
furyoftheskies
Might just like this board

Unread postby Mkilbride » December 13th, 2008, 12:48 pm

Mm, I'm going to watch those once I finish up the anime.

But may I ask, how did you prefer the anime to the VN? I mean, I played the VN first, maybe it's THAT kind of thing, but in all honestly, while the anime isn't bad for an adaption, it kind of makes alot of scenes less epic. The story isn't fleshed out as well either.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby nobaka » December 13th, 2008, 7:09 pm

Mkilbride wrote:Mm, I'm going to watch those once I finish up the anime.

But may I ask, how did you prefer the anime to the VN? I mean, I played the VN first, maybe it's THAT kind of thing, but in all honestly, while the anime isn't bad for an adaption, it kind of makes alot of scenes less epic. The story isn't fleshed out as well either.

It's a lot harder to do multiple romances in an anime (leads to nerdrage) than in a game. And it's the multiple romances which really lets the characters show their personalities. You only get about 1/3 the recommended dosage of Karura in the anime as compared to the game. :(
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Mkilbride » December 13th, 2008, 10:00 pm

Actually, multiple romances detract from a character. The fact he can sleep with all of them(even if three of them were like, rape)and just continue on to the next one, feeling like a jackass, that made me loose abit of respect for him.(And the girls, cause they knew and didn't care)

The Sex scenes weren't bad; but they were more forced in this game than in Fate / Stay Night or Tsukihime.

I think the character development is fine as it is. DO we really need to know that Kaura would screw a guy to get her to do what she wants?

That Touka would sleep with a guy because it's her "Duty"?(Regardless if he wants to or not, her code of honor makes her just do anything? O.K)

That Kamyu would rape him in his sleep and he wouldn't stop her?

I mean, at least he cared about almost raping Eruruw, but other than that...

and I don't even remember that blonde womans scenes at all, she was so generic. She seems to have even less personality in the anime.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Re: Ending discussion *spoilers ahead*

Unread postby oishi_47 » October 12th, 2009, 11:05 am

...6:00 am...Just finished. Loved the game, but I ran in to the conundrum of not wanting to finish and see the end (well, I still have hard mode 3 to play). A sequel may not be so unrealistic. They began to release an OVA series. The first of three episodes was released on June 5th of this year and is as of yet ongoing, so a sequel or continuation might not be such a fleeting hope. Besides, while Hakuoro was saying his goodbyes, he mentioned that the fighting and war that Diy had talked about him causing, would probably happened and asked Urto to bring everyone together. Her doing so was not depicted (as far as I know, I've only played the game) and one year is quite a short time to end a war anyway. Also, where does Oboro go, who becomes the Ouro in his place, and what did Eruruw do with the mask? Even if the story isn't continued, but just expanded on by more OVA releases or something of that nature, I'd still appreciate looking into it. By the way, has anyone tried the Utawarerumono isometric fighting game they released?
oishi_47
Totally hardly posted

Re: Ending discussion *spoilers ahead*

Unread postby Mazyrian » October 14th, 2009, 2:49 pm

If you play the omake you can unlock up to Hard 5.
The war I got the idea that it was mostly finished; Kunnekamun already lost, and there were no other big countries.
I guess Benawi became the next Ouro, and Oboro went to nowhere specifically. Eruruw would have kept the mask?
Though I'd also like to see more Utawarerumono, I don't think a sequel would be good; the story is already finished.
The isometric game I'd tried; is interesting and somewhat fun, at least if you like that type of game. It has some dialog but is not translated, and by what little I understand of Japanese, it doesn't fit in the story.
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Previous

Return to Utawarerumono Chat