Ending discussion *spoilers ahead*

Kemonomimi Discussion

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby abscess » May 31st, 2008, 10:09 pm

Cat Megex wrote:
abscess wrote:I just supposed they both died (Mikoto and their baby) since they didn't happen to have some sort of "special ability" or "magic" or whatever that #63 had.

Cat Megex wrote:The death of the child may be incorrect, or at least not for the reason you stated. The game (and possibly the anime as well, but I'm not sure) stated that the baby was being treated just as well as Hakuoro (in other words, in captivity, but still alive), meaning that the baby was not killed by the scientists. However, there is a good possibility that the baby was killed during Mutsumi's first use of Amaterasu, because she was probably being kept in the same facility as Hakuoro, and unless some of the experimental creatures still remained and escaped, bringing the baby with them, the baby would have nobody to take her out of the blast radius.

Hmmm.... I don't remember if it is stated anywhere that Hakuoro's and Mikoto's baby was being treated well by the scientists, I understood that he was being dissected as Mikoto was.

Cat Megex wrote:ON THE OTHER HAND: in all likelihood, the baby did survive. Remember Eruruw's hair ornament? The metal ring? That was actually a security pass and was attached to a string and put around the baby's neck? If the baby had died via the firing of Amaterasu, there wouldn't have been much of a way for the ring to be passed down to Eruruw. Not to mention the fact that it wasn't just Eruruw who shared traits with Mikoto/Mikoto's baby; both Aruruw and Tuskur(u) had the same coloring, even if their ears were shaped differently from Mikoto's.

You are now heading to the inbreeding territory, so watch out, my friend. Stating that Eruruw happens to be an ancestor of Mikoto and Hakuoro means that Hakuoro would be sleeping with his great-great-great^n grand-daughter! Well, thinking about it, that's not as farfetched as one may think, but I supposed that there was some sort of explanation to it that would may steer away from the inbreeding process that Hakuoro would start... but hey! shit happens! :lol:

Edit:
Well. I DON'T have a pleasing reasoning to it, just that the hair ornament could have been picked up by someone else and used it as some sort of deoration from then on passing it down from generation through generation until Mikoto's soul (I THINK that something like that is hinted in the game) reincarnated in Eruruw.
Hmmm.... I see that not all questions were answered after all...
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Phoenician » June 1st, 2008, 2:21 am

how would you explain that hakuoro has a flashback about mikoto everytime he's alone with eruruw (unless he's drunk)
Phoenician
Addict

Unread postby JungCS » June 1st, 2008, 2:59 am

This means tuskur is hakuoro's great^ grandchild :shock:
Anyway there was a talk about hakuoro having a second child (not the one with yuzuha), could that child be mikoto's and hakuoro's child?

Anyway, you guys know that hakuoro's mask fell off after he went into slumber right? Hakuoro was originally human (a archaeologist) so he can't possibly live on the surface without the mask as it grants him an increase in physical ability. So in the end how did he get out when he woke up? (if he did).

From what i know the mask is just a fragment of the creature that hakuoro found as an archaeologist right? so wtf is the creature (as in the whole thing)? And before he was killed by somebody, they had a conversation and hakuoro stated that he was merely an archaeologist as if he was lying and implying that he was something else he even knew about that fossil and said that the other man was entrusted with the duty of keeping it hidden from others and he killed of hakuoro. Maybe the guy could be the ancestors of Urtorily since utorily seemed to know about everything like what washi**** was. So we do not even know the true identity of hakuoro and the other guy.
JungCS
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Phoenician » June 1st, 2008, 3:01 am

Witsarnemitea
Phoenician
Addict

Unread postby Cat Megex » June 1st, 2008, 4:09 am

abscess wrote:You are now heading to the inbreeding territory, so watch out, my friend. Stating that Eruruw happens to be an ancestor of Mikoto and Hakuoro means that Hakuoro would be sleeping with his great-great-great^n grand-daughter! Well, thinking about it, that's not as farfetched as one may think, but I supposed that there was some sort of explanation to it that would may steer away from the inbreeding process that Hakuoro would start... but hey! shit happens! :lol:

Technically, Mikoto was partially created from Hakuoro's DNA (or the Hakuoro/Witsarnemitea combo), meaning that him having a child with Mikoto was inbreeding as well. In fact, ALL of the tailed/eared/winged beings were created with some of Haku-tea's DNA, hence the idea that Witsarnemitea was the "father" of them all. Meaning that all of the girls he slept with were his great-great-....-great-grandchildren.

But anyway...there's no way to know how many generations passed between the destruction of the research facility/facilities and when Hakuoro meets Eruruw, except that it was a very large amount (five hundred years? A thousand? Thousands?), and so there was a bit of time for genetic drift to have an effect to some extent.
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby kensain » September 20th, 2008, 11:49 am

I think it was hinted in one of the archeology flashbacks that Wisterwoozytea was a slumbering god/dinosaur. Hence the godzilla appearance.
Did anyone else get the feeling that the special tribes (the winged one and Kuuya's mobile suit one) are decendents of Mikoto's child and #64 ?

About the baby's survival, it's possible it wasn't stored in, say, the next room over.
It could even be on another continent, depending on the size of the organisation.

how would you explain that hakuoro has a flashback about mikoto everytime he's alone with eruruw (unless he's drunk)

He often is :D

I really do wish they gave more evidence as to what the contract can and cant do. I mean, the only ~REAL~ evidence is Arruruw's resurection and Erruruw going "I lo-" every now and then.
Anyone else see that when he sealed himself at the end, it was the first time he really granted his own wish ?
The one who desires only perfection. Repeat.
The one who sees only flaws. Repeat.
The one who is unable to see alternative. Repeat.
The one who sees the unattainable perfection. Repeat.
The one who is blind. Relinquish.
kensain
Addict

Unread postby Ausdoerrt » November 3rd, 2008, 7:25 am

abscess wrote:
Cat Megex wrote:You are now heading to the inbreeding territory, so watch out, my friend. Stating that Eruruw happens to be an ancestor of Mikoto and Hakuoro means that Hakuoro would be sleeping with his great-great-great^n grand-daughter! Well, thinking about it, that's not as farfetched as one may think, but I supposed that there was some sort of explanation to it that would may steer away from the inbreeding process that Hakuoro would start... but hey! shit happens! :lol:

Hmm, I'm actually leaning more to this explanation, I assumed Hakuoro was sleeping with his kids in the game "lol". Aren't all of them his "children"?
Ausdoerrt
Addict

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 3rd, 2008, 3:10 pm

Ok, but, humanity is supposed to all be the children of God, so tech, if we sleep together, any sexual act on another is incest, but that's only if you believe that "God" theory.

I think the same applies to this world, as he is the "God", ect, they are all his children(Except for the select few, you know who they are!) and so it's not really incest. I thought the same thing too while playing, but thousands and thousands of years of dilution wouldn't really be incest.

Even if it was, the Japanese doesn't seem to have as much of an issue with incest as some countries do(like mine, and I have issues with it personally, too), I mean, most animes have cousins loving each other, or, like many H-game cases, sisters and brothers being lovers.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Phlebas » November 3rd, 2008, 3:34 pm

You can get legally get married to your cousin orso at least in most countries, talking about incest when there's a difference of X^10 generations is just misleading. In terms of a family tree you're probably more closely related to a random guy living in your country than Hakuoro is to the current generation.
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » November 3rd, 2008, 7:00 pm

Phlebas wrote:You can get legally get married to your cousin orso at least in most countries, talking about incest when there's a difference of X^10 generations is just misleading. In terms of a family tree you're probably more closely related to a random guy living in your country than Hakuoro is to the current generation.

There is actually a very strong and consistent theory that we are all cousins in some way because of a genetic bottleneck that ocurred because of the Toba supervolcano in Indonesia erupted around 70,000 years ago, so yeah. If you are fuckin' your girlfriend, you are fuicking a very very very (well not that many "very"s :P) distant cousin! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hello, cousin! How ya doin'! Ahahaha!
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Ausdoerrt » November 4th, 2008, 4:26 pm

I dunno, the point is that I don't really care if it's incest or not. I also assumed that Eruruw is Hakuoro's real daughter, the one who magically survived in the incident at the facility.
Ausdoerrt
Addict

Unread postby Phlebas » November 4th, 2008, 6:27 pm

Ausdoerrt wrote:I dunno, the point is that I don't really care if it's incest or not. I also assumed that Eruruw is Hakuoro's real daughter, the one who magically survived in the incident at the facility.

At least this is definitely not the case, there's a long long time gap. If anything, you can argue that she's the reincarnation of Hakuoro's waifu from year 0 though (similar theme also occurs in another Leaf game~~).
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Ausdoerrt » November 5th, 2008, 9:24 am

Phlebas wrote:
Ausdoerrt wrote:I dunno, the point is that I don't really care if it's incest or not. I also assumed that Eruruw is Hakuoro's real daughter, the one who magically survived in the incident at the facility.

At least this is definitely not the case, there's a long long time gap. If anything, you can argue that she's the reincarnation of Hakuoro's waifu from year 0 though (similar theme also occurs in another Leaf game~~).

Well, maybe great-great-granddaughter~ We don't really know what the time gap is anyway.
Ausdoerrt
Addict

Unread postby NonExistence » November 24th, 2008, 6:07 am

... so basically, the point comes down to this.

hakuoro/iceman had his genes pretty much harvested to make clones. clones WERE GENETICALLY ENGINEERED. therefore, "clones" aren't truly his children.

see? now everyone's happy and we can stop talking about how hakuoro's potentially screwing his own grand^x-daughter, where x is any positive integer.
Whenever I go on, everyone leaves the Tsukihime forums. 'Cause I just fail like that.
NonExistence
Crack Addic!

Location: The Strong and Free Giant Block of Ice in the True North

Unread postby Mazyrian » November 29th, 2008, 7:43 pm

Still, as said, even if they WERE his children, so many generations after it can't be considered incest anymore; for the record, the christianism considers incest the relation between two people with a bond of 6 steps or less (counting only ascendant steps, so both parents and sisters are 1 step, and grandfathers/uncles/cousins are 2, etc), IIRC
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Ausdoerrt » November 30th, 2008, 7:03 am

NonExistence wrote:... so basically, the point comes down to this.

hakuoro/iceman had his genes pretty much harvested to make clones. clones WERE GENETICALLY ENGINEERED. therefore, "clones" aren't truly his children.

see? now everyone's happy and we can stop talking about how hakuoro's potentially screwing his own grand^x-daughter, where x is any positive integer.

Oh, so are you saying that he's basically screwing himself?? lol :o

PS don't ruin my dreams :cry: Maybe I WANT it to be incest :twisted:
Ausdoerrt
Addict

Unread postby NonExistence » November 30th, 2008, 8:57 pm

what i'm saying is that it's not incest at all. he's not screwing himself, and he's not screwing his relatives. because they're NOT RELATED to him due to so much genetic manipulation. if you manipulate genes enough, with enough control, you can create anyone out of anyone's genetic information. obviously, the scientists went further than that. therefore, his "clones", as they're called, aren't actually related to him.
Whenever I go on, everyone leaves the Tsukihime forums. 'Cause I just fail like that.
NonExistence
Crack Addic!

Location: The Strong and Free Giant Block of Ice in the True North

Unread postby abscess » November 30th, 2008, 11:07 pm

Yeah, but you gotta admit. It is still somewhat disturbing knowing that Hakuoro is banging his direct distant descendant, Eruruw :lol:
abscess

Unread postby Mkilbride » December 1st, 2008, 1:30 am

But they are kind of like Cat / Dog girls, angel girls, fox girls, ect. I mean, I hate incest, but he goes up against Angels and Devils also. :P
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Ausdoerrt » December 1st, 2008, 4:42 am

Mkilbride wrote:he goes up against Angels and Devils also. :P

Whaddya call that? Deicest?? lol
Ausdoerrt
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Utawarerumono Chat