Ending discussion *spoilers ahead*

Kemonomimi Discussion

Moderator: Staffers

Ending discussion *spoilers ahead*

Unread postby Enerccio » February 13th, 2008, 5:28 pm

I just finished the game and I want to ask.

Hakuoro awakened or not?
Enerccio
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Cent » February 13th, 2008, 6:57 pm

Uh. I didnt beat the game, but judging from the ending of the anime, didn't Hakuoro awaken, fight his other half, and then get sealed away with it?
Cent
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Mukuro » February 13th, 2008, 7:57 pm

Seeing their reaction, it's either he has awaken, or he is awake but without the mask and is human again
Mukuro
Addict

Unread postby Henduluin » February 13th, 2008, 8:29 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Witsersomething (I can't spell these names ;_;) split off the part of him that is Hakuoro, while leaving the destructive/violent parts sealed. Although nothing is certain, it IS strongly hinted that Hakuoro returned, with or without mask (without would make more sense though).

Then again, now that Witsersomething is one being again (they said the two parts would re-merge if sealed together) it is possible that he simply decided to resurface, as he originally had no ill intentions whatsoever. It wasn't until the old human scientists told him (or Iceman, rather) how far they would go for science/immortality that he snapped and started rampaging.
That would make the whole sealing thing kinda pointless though, but oh well.
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby unluckyvampire » February 13th, 2008, 11:20 pm

At the end of the game/anime it is hinted that the main char wakes up from his slumber but no one knows for sure because all you see is Eruruw turning around and smiling :X
unluckyvampire
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby raidman565 » February 14th, 2008, 3:57 am

Yuzuha died :_: She must of been crushed when they returned w/out Hakuoro.
Is it it just me, or did it seem like every one (besides the the characters that fought along side Hakuoro and Kayuu) just forgot about Hakuoro?
Does anyone know if there will be a sequel made in the future?
raidman565
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Henduluin » February 14th, 2008, 8:20 am

They didn't forget, they moved on. Probably.
As for a sequel, I don't see that happening. What could it be about? WitserIgiveup is whole again, the lands are more-or-less united, we now know it's in fact a post-apocalyptic world... not much left to tell a story about IMO.
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby GrimAngel » February 15th, 2008, 3:36 am

Is just like the end of terranigma,
you dont know for sure if the main character came back or what the hell happend.

I thinks is as Henduluin says.
That Whitsernemitea split the part that was "Hakuoro/Iceman/The scientists who was kiled by his curiosity" off him, breaking the contract.

And the second one you state is not bad, and the sealing thing is not pointless since they woud not became one again until they are sealed together.
Signature too large, image removed. Try reading the rules next time.
GrimAngel
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby lolipedofin » February 15th, 2008, 4:08 am

Finished the game...

Nice ending, it was not all that surprising to see that the game is actually set up on the modern world, very far ahead to be precise... Hakuoro "normal" ears has been bugging me throughout the game, and nobody seems to care enough to mention that topic.

Plenty of plothole and dent on the story in the game in my opinion, this could have been much better, but i'll discuss it on another thread.

So about the ending, It was quite nice, and it's clear to me that Hakuoro revive/return/whatever, because everybody was kinda "sensing" it, and then the last scene was Eruruw looking toward 'us', that settled it i guess.

Yuzuha's dead was quite sad, and it's too bad that the game didn't put too much (if there's any) emphasis on her death. But i don't think that she died instantly due to Hakuoro news like raidman said, she did manage to gave birth to Hakuoro's son (Just one time, and she's the only one managed to got knocked up out of all six 8) ).

It was okay,, quite a good game, but maybe i'm being too expectant that i felt kinda disappointed. I would be ranting how good the game is if this is a US commercialized translation game, but maybe because this is a fan-translation, i kinda expecting it to be on par with F/SN.... :?
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Henduluin » February 15th, 2008, 7:24 am

lolipedofin wrote:Hakuoro "normal" ears has been bugging me throughout the game, and nobody seems to care enough to mention that topic.

Kamyu's race has normal ears too, so that in itself doesn't say much.
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mukuro » February 15th, 2008, 11:00 am

Well Hakuoro is human before he became witserwhatever's host...I think?
Mukuro
Addict

lol

Unread postby Darkbalmunk » February 16th, 2008, 1:41 am

i think alot can be assumed from the game since it gives u enough i mean iceman/hakuro was shot by a comrade when he was a archeolgist finding hte bones of a old evolution chain of the human evolution and then revived by merging with something related to the bones which in turn made that mask that binds itself praticly to his brain *aka the reason why he has headaches when he removes the mask* where everyrace comes from with different ears and tails and wings >_> is actually all of hakuro's decendents also they are different evolutions of his bloodline because of the creature hakuro became depending on territory. hakuro didnt become the host he bacame the godlike creature hakuro the shell was his human past and the other side the essence was basicly his future self. also in hard mode 3 there is a final event scene there also the manga also hinted to his reincarnated form because he had 2 children 1 with yuzuha and the other's origins was unknown... also i gotta say the incest has gotta stop i mean hakuro just screwed with all his decendents who could be his great great great grandaughters -_-.... also him looking like the real hakuro gives u a bigger clue of where his bloodline stands the strongest.. lol big incest harem.

also does anyone know what battle data in omake is for? it seems really really random since it seems useless.

and didnt anyone else notice 1 or 2 of the skills look way off to the translated skill?
Darkbalmunk
Might just like this board

Unread postby drizzt_rocks » February 16th, 2008, 2:38 am

I wouldnt really call it incest because if you take humans we also originated from one being. You dont call any two humans having sex incest now do you. Its the same thing here. Hakuoro is so far apart in terms of relation that there is no way you can call it incest.
drizzt_rocks
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » February 17th, 2008, 8:30 am

Nope it's not incest, it's his clone so that would made him hermaphrodite?? auto-sexual?? Oh wait, if it's a clone then how come their XY chromosomes be different....

It's fiction, it's japanese fiction :( ... so just play and bear with it... :wink:
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Darkbalmunk » February 18th, 2008, 7:02 pm

reminds me of a utopia story everyone in the society come from teh same 2 people called adam and eve everyone has the same face eyecolor and hair color except for those defects explained by the 2X2 square diagram of genetics lol..... in the college class i blurted out they be screwing their own family same thing happneing here >_> but who can complain they still hot and i know u guys would hit it like me.
Darkbalmunk

Unread postby Hyperbeast » February 23rd, 2008, 5:47 am

This is a thread about the ending, so I'm not gonna bother with spoiler tags.

I'm thinking the ending is about a year after Hakuoro was sealed, which I'm taking from Yuzuha's death. Because the child is just a baby and Yuzuha was so weak, I assume she died giving birth, but the baby was saved. This would put it at at least 8 or so months after Hakuoro was sealed (taking a month out to accomodate the time from when they did it to the end of the game).
However, this is assuming that Yuzuha's race has the same length of pregnancy as humans (am I phrasing that right?).
For all we know, Yuzuha could have been pregnant for four months, or four years.

I'm certain that Hakuoro has come back at the end of the game, though it would have helped if Eruruw's image at the end was a little more surprised (i.e. dropping the apples).
Hyperbeast
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Moonrend » March 1st, 2008, 4:57 am

Well...
I played trough the game on normal and probably try hard 3 next for the extra scene since after I got the speed bug fixed it became possible to combo without alt.

Also as far as I know, Hakuoro said this when he was being sealed:
"For now I will sleep, alteast for a while."
or something very close to those lines.

That can be taken many ways but at the ending scenes everyone actually remembers and still "loves" hakuoro, like the scene with Touka and Karura when they are arguing and fighting in some war somewhere, the enemies they encounter say something close to this: "Were't you abandoned by that master of yours who just ran away and left you all behind ?"
That actually drove Karura and Touka quite mad.

Also seems like all of those who were somewhat "pure" sensed that Hakuoro had really come back so why would they all sense it if he really did not come back ?

Also if you look at the last story gc where Eruruw turns to look back at "us" you see that at top of her left eye, there is a reflection of blue color.
Like to color would weakly reflect from Hakuoros hair.
Moonrend
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby X-Calibar » March 1st, 2008, 11:59 pm

This is the only game I know where the true final enemy boss is ... yourself
No other game I've played has done that. That made it especially painful knowing what obvious consequences would be when I ... Won.

That's a high mark for originality.

I kinda feel like everyone took the realization that Hakuro was the god creature that had to be sealed, a little too easily. And after defeating the final battle, it seemed like almost everyone handled it a bit too easily in the sealing Hakuro scene...

Maybe if we had voices I'd hear the emotion more...
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Darkbalmunk » March 2nd, 2008, 5:10 am

actually this isnt the only game u fight urself as a final boss i cant remember but there is 2 rpgs i played that depends on what u do in the story changes the outcome of the end cause i remember in one game u choose to kill one of the bosses and if u do in the end u become the final boss in a angelic form and ur team kills u off to save the land >_> and i know its on snes....

also i gotta say hakuro is either very potent or very lucky cause he got only yuzuha pregnant out of the 5 girls hes been with....
Darkbalmunk

Unread postby Hyperbeast » March 2nd, 2008, 5:24 am

Darkbalmunk wrote:also i gotta say hakuro is either very potent or very lucky cause he got only yuzuha pregnant out of the 5 girls hes been with....

It's hentai. Chicks only ever get pregnant if that was the intent.
Hyperbeast
Crack Addic!

Next

Return to Utawarerumono Chat