Ending discussion *spoilers ahead*

Kemonomimi Discussion

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby md » March 3rd, 2008, 11:51 pm

Darkbalmunk wrote:actually this isnt the only game u fight urself as a final boss i cant remember but there is 2 rpgs i played that depends on what u do in the story changes the outcome of the end cause i remember in one game u choose to kill one of the bosses and if u do in the end u become the final boss in a angelic form and ur team kills u off to save the land >_> and i know its on snes....

also i gotta say hakuro is either very potent or very lucky cause he got only yuzuha pregnant out of the 5 girls hes been with....

Breath of Fire 4 does it. Quite similar actually. You're even one being that was split in two.

The philosopher that gave his life for curiosity was Dii.

It's incest because Hakuoro's shell probably IS Hakuoro.
md
Crack Addic!

Unread postby nobaka » March 4th, 2008, 1:11 am

md wrote:
Darkbalmunk wrote:actually this isnt the only game u fight urself as a final boss i cant remember but there is 2 rpgs i played that depends on what u do in the story changes the outcome of the end cause i remember in one game u choose to kill one of the bosses and if u do in the end u become the final boss in a angelic form and ur team kills u off to save the land >_> and i know its on snes....

also i gotta say hakuro is either very potent or very lucky cause he got only yuzuha pregnant out of the 5 girls hes been with....

Breath of Fire 4 does it. Quite similar actually. You're even one being that was split in two.

The philosopher that gave his life for curiosity was Dii.

It's incest because Hakuoro's shell probably IS Hakuoro.

Breath of Fire IV also does it very nicely, although in a different way. You get the perspective from both halves, rather than just Hakuoro in Utawarerumono.

As for the topic, in the game, it ssems that he's back, not so much in the anime.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby turnsniper » March 9th, 2008, 3:26 am

I would say Yuzuha was the only one to get pregnant because that was actually her wish, so Hakuoro granted it.
turnsniper
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Faranth » March 11th, 2008, 9:36 pm

Um, Touka also wanted it. Actually, if you think about it, almost all of them wanted it, these two were just most vocal :wink:
Faranth
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby Raw » March 13th, 2008, 1:23 am

Karura didn't say she wanted it, she just wanted to be a servant to Hakuoro (involving a nice and good process). Touka did want it, but as you can see, she didn't quite get the idea of getting pregnant (I mean come on, have some sense in you! But anyway, very sexy endpose). Mutsumi (Kamyu) is just a really weird entity, so that's probably why she didn't get pregnant. The only one i can't find an excuse for is our beloved Eruruw and Urto.
Whispering Words of Unearthen Wisdom || Kill GOD as a Sacrifice to GOD || Death may Die || I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
Raw
Crack Addic!

Unread postby DarkRedSky » March 14th, 2008, 11:36 pm

This game was awesome... how the ending was executed was pretty original. 9 out of 10. I would've gave it 10 if there was a sequel.
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » April 16th, 2008, 6:20 am

Raw wrote:Karura didn't say she wanted it, she just wanted to be a servant to Hakuoro (involving a nice and good process). Touka did want it, but as you can see, she didn't quite get the idea of getting pregnant (I mean come on, have some sense in you! But anyway, very sexy endpose). Mutsumi (Kamyu) is just a really weird entity, so that's probably why she didn't get pregnant. The only one i can't find an excuse for is our beloved Eruruw and Urto.

How's this? Getting pregnant is trial and error :lol: . In most cases you get more error than success, that's why most married couples use the term "Let's try" or "We just have to keep trying". It's all come down to how fertile (both parties) you are, when did you do it since your last period, and LUCK. For Hakuoro, his luck stats is unquestionable, get to bang 6 girls in one go without being held responsible or anything, his stat for luck is over the roof, so then it depends on the girls... :lol:

It's funny though, fertility is somewhat relative to how healthy you are.... There's plenty of cases of people with heart problem, and other handicap that weaken their body made it harder to conceive and some even infertile. Then how come the least healthy one, the one on the brink of death, is the one succeed on conceiving a baby. And don't say that she want it the most, there's plenty of wives out there that desperately wanting to have kids but it just didn't happen. Well, you could always say it's because the scriptwriter idea though. :lol:
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby nobaka » April 16th, 2008, 6:26 pm

lolipedofin wrote:
Raw wrote:Karura didn't say she wanted it, she just wanted to be a servant to Hakuoro (involving a nice and good process). Touka did want it, but as you can see, she didn't quite get the idea of getting pregnant (I mean come on, have some sense in you! But anyway, very sexy endpose). Mutsumi (Kamyu) is just a really weird entity, so that's probably why she didn't get pregnant. The only one i can't find an excuse for is our beloved Eruruw and Urto.

How's this? Getting pregnant is trial and error :lol: . In most cases you get more error than success, that's why most married couples use the term "Let's try" or "We just have to keep trying". It's all come down to how fertile (both parties) you are, when did you do it since your last period, and LUCK. For Hakuoro, his luck stats is unquestionable, get to bang 6 girls in one go without being held responsible or anything, his stat for luck is over the roof, so then it depends on the girls... :lol:

It's funny though, fertility is somewhat relative to how healthy you are.... There's plenty of cases of people with heart problem, and other handicap that weaken their body made it harder to conceive and some even infertile. Then how come the least healthy one, the one on the brink of death, is the one succeed on conceiving a baby. And don't say that she want it the most, there's plenty of wives out there that desperately wanting to have kids but it just didn't happen. Well, you could always say it's because the scriptwriter idea though. :lol:

Well, yeah, normally that's the case. But he's, y'know, a god.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » April 16th, 2008, 10:33 pm

Do you think a God will fuck their creations ???
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby X-Calibar » April 16th, 2008, 11:22 pm

What kind of question is that.
If a God demands sacrifices or meddles in the affairs of men, then surely they are the type to do whatever they wish with their creations.
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby nobaka » April 17th, 2008, 12:14 am

lolipedofin wrote:Do you think a God will fuck their creations ???

Depends on the creation, imo.

Karura? Touka? Hell, yes.

Edit: Sopok, too. Sopok needs more love. :(
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » April 17th, 2008, 4:52 am

@ X-calibar: I was replying to the post above me.... :lol:

nobaka wrote:Well, yeah, normally that's the case. But he's, y'know, a god.

@nobaka: Sigh... yeah, such a waste for Sopok to be married to that bear.... Even if they made a bonus ero-scene, that involves Sopok... i won't see it for the sake of my life if the one doing her is Teoro.... :shock:

Dude, what God from what Cult do you worship??? 8)
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby md » April 19th, 2008, 2:24 am

nobaka wrote:
lolipedofin wrote:Do you think a God will fuck their creations ???

Depends on the creation, imo.

Karura? Touka? Hell, yes.

Edit: Sopok, too. Sopok needs more love. :(

Bring Kuuya back to adult-level thinking, and finish that scene where she was drifting off in your lap.
md
Crack Addic!

Unread postby lolipedofin » April 19th, 2008, 2:43 pm

md wrote:Bring Kuuya back to adult-level thinking, and finish that scene where she was drifting off in your lap.

Hahaha... although i did all that talk about how uta will be better without the ero-scene, and how ero-scene is unnecessary for the enjoyment of a VN... i was kinda (read: VERY) disappointed when i found out that among all those empty events slot, Kamyu took a hefty 4 slots, and the very last slot was to be taken by Urtoriiy....

Sigh... i was so looking forward to see Kuuya's ero-scene.... T,T
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » April 20th, 2008, 4:10 pm

lolipedofin wrote:

I know i know.. Im sorry.. But i just HAD to quote this next one from Friends..

~~
Doctor: *Sceintific terms about pregnency and fertility goes flying around*

Monica: "So.. umm.. What does that mean?"

Chandler *PISSED!!*: "It means... my men are a bunch of under-equipped COWARDS that simply REFUSE to leave the base! And out of the ones that are brave enough to go out there.. YOUR BODY! Is a freaking MINEFIELD filled with intense enemy fire, eager to KILL of any of them that DO!!"
~~

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You think Yuzuha's body is a green utopia filled with flowers and music... and even a huge 'WELCOME SOLDIERS' sign to any of Hakuoro's men? XDDDD

But back to topic...
The ending kept me awake at night back then.. Coz i watched the endings for the game AND anime on the same night before bed.

Anyways.. In the game... I have a big hunch that hakuoro returned, with or without the mask.. But HE actually returned. Memories intact etc...

But i get the feeling that, in the anime.. SOMEONE 'returned'... Maybe hakuoro's original spirit? For Eruruw's smile was like a smile to welcome a total stranger to the village. Like lolipedo said, it looks like she smiled to... Us..
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » April 21st, 2008, 12:55 pm

inferno_flamex wrote:Like lolipedo said, it looks like she smiled to... Us..
I did?? *checking...* oh yeah... i did.

OOT:
LOL, i remember that one. But wasn't it by phonecall. Chandler looking all sad and said, "The doctor just called". And then saying stuffs like his "men" has low mobility and Monica's "Base" is an inhospitable environment. :lol:
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » April 21st, 2008, 1:09 pm

lolipedofin wrote:
inferno_flamex wrote:Like lolipedo said, it looks like she smiled to... Us..
I did?? *checking...* oh yeah... i did.

OOT:
LOL, i remember that one. But wasn't it by phonecall. Chandler looking all sad and said, "The doctor just called". And then saying stuffs like his "men" has low mobility and Monica's "Base" is an inhospitable environment. :lol:

Eh? Really?? XDD i donno.. Its been YEARS since i last watched friends... But i definitely remember him saying the word minefield, his men are cowards and lazy-like... and monica sounded so much like an insane deathtrap... XD

Ehem..

And back to topic..
Uhh...

Yeah... Yeah... Ending.. Uhmm.. Yeah.... LOL
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby JungCS » May 31st, 2008, 4:12 pm

Darkbalmunk wrote:
i think alot can be assumed from the game since it gives u enough i mean iceman/hakuro was shot by a comrade when he was a archeolgist finding hte bones of a old evolution chain of the human evolution and then revived by merging with something related to the bones which in turn made that mask that binds itself praticly to his brain *aka the reason why he has headaches when he removes the mask* where everyrace comes from with different ears and tails and wings >_> is actually all of hakuro's decendents also they are different evolutions of his bloodline because of the creature hakuro became depending on territory. hakuro didnt become the host he bacame the godlike creature hakuro the shell was his human past and the other side the essence was basicly his future self. also in hard mode 3 there is a final event scene there also the manga also hinted to his reincarnated form because he had 2 children 1 with yuzuha and the other's origins was unknown... also i gotta say the incest has gotta stop i mean hakuro just screwed with all his decendents who could be his great great great grandaughters -_-.... also him looking like the real hakuro gives u a bigger clue of where his bloodline stands the strongest.. lol big incest harem.

also does anyone know what battle data in omake is for? it seems really really random since it seems useless.

and didnt anyone else notice 1 or 2 of the skills look way off to the translated skill?

there are still a lot of unsolved questions i believe. For example, you guys know about Mikoto right? She had a baby with hakuoro and the humans dissected her and only left her brain just like they did to #63 (forgot the name) but #63 woke up as kamyu's other self but we have not heard anything from hakuoro's first child.
JungCS
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby abscess » May 31st, 2008, 7:12 pm

I just supposed they both died (Mikoto and their baby) since they didn't happen to have some sort of "special ability" or "magic" or whatever that #63 had. I think somewhere when Hakuoro is remembering he is the Iceman you are told that she, #63, has some special ability and thus he shouldn't deal with her. I don't think the game ends with a lot of questions, in fact, if I remember correctly, you get almost if not all questions answered except for the final scene with Eruruw and the apples and stuff.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Cat Megex » May 31st, 2008, 8:37 pm

abscess wrote:I just supposed they both died (Mikoto and their baby) since they didn't happen to have some sort of "special ability" or "magic" or whatever that #63 had.

The death of the child may be incorrect, or at least not for the reason you stated. The game (and possibly the anime as well, but I'm not sure) stated that the baby was being treated just as well as Hakuoro (in other words, in captivity, but still alive), meaning that the baby was not killed by the scientists. However, there is a good possibility that the baby was killed during Mutsumi's first use of Amaterasu, because she was probably being kept in the same facility as Hakuoro, and unless some of the experimental creatures still remained and escaped, bringing the baby with them, the baby would have nobody to take her out of the blast radius.

ON THE OTHER HAND: in all likelihood, the baby did survive. Remember Eruruw's hair ornament? The metal ring? That was actually a security pass and was attached to a string and put around the baby's neck? If the baby had died via the firing of Amaterasu, there wouldn't have been much of a way for the ring to be passed down to Eruruw. Not to mention the fact that it wasn't just Eruruw who shared traits with Mikoto/Mikoto's baby; both Aruruw and Tuskur(u) had the same coloring, even if their ears were shaped differently from Mikoto's.
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

PreviousNext

Return to Utawarerumono Chat