Utawarerumono Bug Report [v1.1]

Kemonomimi Discussion

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Sandal Hat » March 8th, 2008, 2:47 am

on the final battle before facing mutsumi, when fighting hien and hawenka, it says loss is if hakuoro dies, he died after killing everyone but hien from hien's magic attack, dying with a few other people and the battle continued, going to test if this continues to happen and update this post later (done testing)

edit 1: after everyone but touka died, hien stopped attacking and just ran around (possibly due to too low of hp)
edit 2: before killing hawenka, if hakuoro dies, battle ends like it should
edit 3: hien normal attack killed hakuoro and ended battle
edit 4: hakuoro died with others from hien's area attack, battle ended
edit 5: hakuoro died from area attack with others, battle continued

conclusion: if hakuoro dies from an area attack with someone else and his death phrase is not the last stated, battle continues despite his death until victory is achieved or all allies are defeated (makes fight alot easier :D)

side note: when hakuoro died, doriy, touka, and eruruw were left alive in all times where bug occurred
Sandal Hat
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby meh » March 19th, 2008, 6:32 am

In any battle (I've even managed to trigger it in the second tutorial, although not consistently) when a character attacks an enemy or heals another character and a red combo circle appears, the game immediately crashes.

I don't experience any of the other problems mentioned, but tried changing the display to 16-bit, running through applocale, setting CPU affinity etc. anyway. Nothing works. I haven't got past the second battle in the story because of this.

Patch v1.1 installed from DVD
Windows XP Pro SP2
Pentium Dual Core (it's a Core 2 Duo in reality) E2180
nvidia 7600GT, driver version 169.21 (current non-beta version)
2GB RAM
meh
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ryuusoul » March 19th, 2008, 7:57 pm

meh wrote:In any battle (I've even managed to trigger it in the second tutorial, although not consistently) when a character attacks an enemy or heals another character and a red combo circle appears, the game immediately crashes.

I don't experience any of the other problems mentioned, but tried changing the display to 16-bit, running through applocale, setting CPU affinity etc. anyway. Nothing works. I haven't got past the second battle in the story because of this.

Patch v1.1 installed from DVD
Windows XP Pro SP2
Pentium Dual Core (it's a Core 2 Duo in reality) E2180
nvidia 7600GT, driver version 169.21 (current non-beta version)
2GB RAM

I'm only assuming here, but it sounds like you have a bad disc (or maybe a less than legal copy of the game that isn't functional).
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby kacike » April 10th, 2008, 4:33 pm

Iam getting some problems with utawarerumono. The installers finish its work fine and i get to execute the game. I can reach the menu and modify the options without any problems but as soon as i start the game (normal mode) it gets weird.

For the starters , the cursor that mark that you can go to next line by cliking with the mouse goes to any place in the text bar. I dont know if it is normal in utawarerumono , but so far in the games i have played it is in the bottom right corner and doesnot move. As i dont know if it is an error , i tell you.

Next , i dont get any text , be it japanese or english. Instead , i get white ~~~~~~~ for all.

Then , the most obvious one. The game crashes almost inmediatly. It shows eruru , then she goes away , aruru get in the screen for a moment an just when eruru is back , it crash.

I have tried to uninstall and install again , but nothing changes.

I use a modified version of windows xp sp2 for asus eeepc (even if it is a regular laptop , i like this light windows) . It should not be the problem as everything else works fine and i just played fate stay night ( both fate and ubw rutes) without any problem.

Do you know anything i can try?. If it comes to the worse and i dont find any way to solve it , if some can upload a save game file just after the moment it crashes i can try and see how far i can get. It may get us some clues.

Well , thanks for your time and help.
kacike
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby kacike » April 10th, 2008, 8:27 pm

I have got new info , if i enter the training option and select the first one (the only available one at the moment) it crashed too as soon as the sliding eruru/aruru enter. It doesnt get even to stop them , crashes before the stop in its place.

It happens no matter how many times i try.
kacike
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby kacike » April 11th, 2008, 11:01 am

Well , i have tried without the translation , its is installed in japanese. Its the same , nothing changes , so i assume that it is not the patch.

Its weirder now , i dont know what can be causing this problem.
kacike
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ryuusoul » April 12th, 2008, 11:51 am

Having a legitimate version of the game usually helps.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

No Opening

Unread postby lolipedofin » April 16th, 2008, 7:30 am

I have a major bug that no one seems to encounter other than me.

the problem is quite simple, after the Leaf logo popped up when starting the game, instead of showing the opening, there's a sound like distorted radio, like a glitch for just an instant, and then suddenly it shows the main menu.

This only happen on my Desktop, it works fine in my laptop. I'm not sure as i kinda forget, but i think it once worked when i first installed this. Again, if i'm not mistaken... this happens after i moved the saved game from my laptop.

I've tried to re-install this by keeping the saved game, still happening.

then i Tried to re-install but before i re-install i moved all the saved game i prevent from being deleted when un-installing into separate folder. Install the game into a completely new directory, i didn't add any of the previous saved games, and run it fresh, same thing happened.

Nvidia Geforce 6600
Pentium Core Duo 3,40 Ghz
1 GB RAM

Utawarerumono English Ver 1.1

Help Please!!
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby X-Calibar » April 16th, 2008, 8:46 pm

Sounds like you need a codec to play the video. It's possible your windows is selecting a bad choice of codec to use to play the movie file... Either that or your movie is corrupted. I'd bet on the prior though.
You could try downloading something like FFDShow or a popular codec pack and see if that will solve the problem.
Mine actually uses the PowerDVD codecs to play the movie. I can think of other related problems you might have, but hopefully it is easily fixed.

Perhaps someone knows better though?
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » April 16th, 2008, 9:28 pm

i don't think codec is the problem... i got the latest CCCP codec pack, and my spec is capable enough to playback an MKV file in high resolution.

The movie is corrupted?? but i've been trying to reinstall it twice... and i installed the exact same copy in my laptop in works just fine. I'm at lost here..
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby X-Calibar » April 16th, 2008, 11:43 pm

Hmm... one way you could try testing if the movie works; rename the opening1.v to opening1.mpg and try playing it in a player that can play other mpgs.

There's a free program called graphedit you could try loading the mpg file with, and see what's going on with the codec. If that's the problem...
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » April 17th, 2008, 5:49 am

Hey... it works.... i never thought that i can see those movies by changing the extension :oops: :oops: . But yeah... still can't play it at the beginning of the game.... it's not such a big deal as long as i can see them, but yeah, it will be better if i can see them in-game.

Btw the name of the file is openning1 and openning2 . :lol: :lol: Tried fixing the typo, but still won't playback the opening in-game.
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby nobaka » April 18th, 2008, 12:17 am

I decided to try out the Shift = all chars in battle bug, and it often works, however, on some stages it causes a crash, and on others it only causes a crash if you don't select EVERYONE, but still more than you're supposed to. I know this isn't how the game is meant to be played, but I thought I'd mention it.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kamajii » April 23rd, 2008, 1:02 am

hahahahaaha wrote:I guess my problem is more of an isolated case since it looks like everyone else's bugs are appearing wayyy past where i am...=(

I have moved my report to the proper location. For those with the same issue, it appears to be related to the voice patch and not the translation patch.
Kamajii
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ryuusoul » April 23rd, 2008, 5:53 am

I used to have the same problem on the opening screen where the opening video would never play... it just started working after I installed the translation patch. I never really figured out what caused it.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby kacike » May 10th, 2008, 9:18 am

Ryuusoul wrote:Having a legitimate version of the game usually helps.

Wrong. The answer was in windows , i have installed it in a standard (more or less) version of windows and works fine.

Seems like the game is not compatible with windows versions for umpcs.
kacike
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Apocist » May 10th, 2008, 8:56 pm

Henduluin wrote:Start up the game, open the taskmanager (just ctrl+alt+del), find the game, then right-click on it. Select "set affinity (I think that's what it's called in english, bottom option) and make sure only one core is chosen.
Again, not entirely sure if it'll work and it's a rather roundabout way to do things, but it might just help for now.

For some reason, this solution gets me past the dreaded Yuzuha's Room scene(where Aruruw says Erungaa). Maybe it really has something to due with the dual cores, or perhaps its too fast.
Apocist
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ILPPendant » June 11th, 2008, 5:11 pm

For what it's worth, I managed to fix the Eruunga problem by setting compatibility mode to Windows 95. I guess XP and Vista aren't happy about that asterisk thing.
ILPPendant
Might just like this board

Unread postby YuenSan » June 18th, 2008, 6:13 pm

I have a problem at the very beginning of the game after part where it says:

"You didn't open your eye for three days! For a while, it looked really bad."

Then right after that, it crashes. Unfortunately, my windows doesn't manage Japanese lang. support. I'm thinking it's a text problem that crashes it. Hopefully it can be helped?
YuenSan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Jardaine » June 22nd, 2008, 4:44 pm

Message wrote:
Shirakani wrote:cpukiller and any/all other apps that slow apps down by simply taking up cpu cycles fails horribly.

Hence the suggestion to use thread master.

People who are having this problem, when you use the 16bit solution, do you also need to run in compatibility mode?

Just wanted to thank you all for the assistance in getting the game to run properly on my system. I have been dealing with the speed issue for a while now and was getting pretty frustrated. I can confirm that this issue is fixed with the 16 bit color fix, but you can't use full screen mode. No you don't have to run in compatibility mode.

Thanks again for all your help

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @3.00GHz
Nvidia Geforce 8800GT
2G memory
Windows XP Sp2
English patch v1.1
Jardaine
Totally hardly posted

PreviousNext

Return to Utawarerumono Chat