Utawarerumono Bug Report [v1.1]

Kemonomimi Discussion

Moderator: Staffers

Re: Trouble installing

Unread postby crzymn246 » February 18th, 2008, 4:32 am

That's what I don't understand. I have both, but it's still not working. I keep getting a "failed" message. I will post it in my next post (because it says I can't post URL's till I have 2 posts)

Is it because I have Windows Vista? Because the normal japanese version runs fine. :?:
crzymn246
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby crzymn246 » February 18th, 2008, 4:33 am

crzymn246 wrote:That's what I don't understand. I have both, but it's still not working. I keep getting a "failed" message. I will post it in my next post (because it says I can't post URL's till I have 2 posts)

Is it because I have Windows Vista? Because the normal japanese version runs fine. :?:

Here's the message I keep getting:

crzymn246
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Peorth » February 18th, 2008, 4:39 am

Heh, I can't help you with that, then....If you have access to IRC, ask on our IRC channel, if not, wait around and someone will help you on the website asap.
A battle has been fought, and is now over.
Place your sword upon the ground, and rest in the temporal peace.
After dozing in the warmth of a dream, a new day will begin.
The days keep passing by..
And we still chase the same star we once saw.
Peorth
Official Curry-butt lover

Unread postby Message » February 18th, 2008, 6:42 am

crzymn246 wrote:I can't seem to get the petch to install. I begin the installation, but then it says the file extraction failed, and to restart the installation process overa gain. I've done it more then ten times now, but it never works. What am I doing wrong? Can someone please help me?

I already have the game installed and the Uta disc in the computer when I start the patch, but it doesn't work. I don't know why it's not working, so can someone give me an easy-to-understand explanation? I'm not very good with computers... :(

As you can read in the readme, the installer is currently unable to install into a directory that has Japanese characters in the path. I suggest uninstalling the Japanese installation and installing Uta English to a new directory.

If you want to copy your saves from the Japanese install, copy the files called 'record.save', '001.save' through '099.save' and '001idx.save' through '099idx.save'.

Unread postby Question » February 22nd, 2008, 4:49 pm

Cant help but feel the game is a tad too fast on my E6750...the first enemy woptars i encountered had ridiculously fast animations to the point where they were literally bouncing up and down like a ball on steroids.

Also, very little time to combo.
Question
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Zaraciel » February 25th, 2008, 2:38 pm

I don't think this is a patch problem. Running just the Jap version on my computer also has speed problems. On a vista laptop, you can change the power performance to "power saving" mode to compensate.. that should fix the speed problem as far as ive tested. (The performance test on the omake section should barely reach, but still reach, the third colored bar with power savings). On other computers, you can change the color setting of windows to 16-bit color, although this only affects windowed mode. Going full screen with 16-bit color doesn't make a difference.

On normal settings, the performance test didn't even get past the first color, which made me think that the computer was "too powerful" to handle Uta. properly. Hope this helps some people...
Zaraciel
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Cent » February 27th, 2008, 9:58 pm

Update on the speed bug.

I installed Utawarerumono with english 1.1 patch on to my laptop. Running 1.6ghz, 1 gig of ram, onboard video. The speed problem during battle sequences and title screen has not occurred. It is also running Windows XP.

The ingame benchmark test was slightly better on my computer, but both bars were pretty small already.
Cent
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Peorth » February 27th, 2008, 10:21 pm

Benchmark on my systemi s maxed:

Athlon64 3500+ (2.2Ghz)
2Gb PC2700
nVidia GeForce 6600GT
etc etc, further specs on request

Runs fine.
A battle has been fought, and is now over.
Place your sword upon the ground, and rest in the temporal peace.
After dozing in the warmth of a dream, a new day will begin.
The days keep passing by..
And we still chase the same star we once saw.
Peorth
Official Curry-butt lover

Unread postby Shirakani » February 27th, 2008, 11:11 pm

Said bug only seems to happen to Core 2 systems, AMD's are fine apparantly. The abovementioned 'set desktop to 16bit color' pretty much seems to fix the speed bug however even on my Core 2 system. I've checked the speed to what it's supposed to be by comparing with the PS2 ver.

Weird how this happens.

EDIT: Forgot to add, also running the game in Win98 compatibility mode, on WinXP.
Shirakani
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Moonrend » March 1st, 2008, 3:44 am

Hello, and as for bugs.
There was a bug that caused a color line of mixed colors apear in dialogue screen on one of dialogues when hey were fortifying/repairing their fort after they had taken it over.
(Might be after or before the attack but thats where I saw it, not sure if its just my computer)

Also Solution to Fix the "Hyper fast" game play problem:

Set desktop colors to 16 bit, I tested this on all of my 3 computers (all of them are different in specs)
and it worked on each one, the quality of images and such did not change but the game now runs on normal speed. (As normal as I can see from all gameplay clips on youtube)

Also if that does not work you could try to use Cpukiller
Since I can't post links yet, just google Cpukiller3
That is the cpukiller program, its a shareware program that you can use for 30 days free of charge. (in 20 min sessions)
It basicaly just slows your computer down, so some older games do not run too fast.

Hope this also helps those who have problems.
Moonrend
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » March 1st, 2008, 8:38 am

Moonrend wrote:That is the cpukiller program, its a shareware program that you can use for 30 days free of charge. (in 20 min sessions)

Unlimited freeware option would be Thread Master.

If other people can confirm that the 16bit solution works, it would greatly help us out. Thanks for the reports so far, everyone.

Unread postby Question » March 1st, 2008, 9:07 am

Setting desktop color to 16bit doesnt affect fullscreen mode unfortunately. Its working for me in windowed though.
Question
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Shirakani » March 1st, 2008, 9:53 am

cpukiller and any/all other apps that slow apps down by simply taking up cpu cycles fails horribly. It does slow the game down... along with the rest of your system and it doesn't do it in a 'clean' way. It makes the game jerky as all holy hell which doesn't help with comboing.

The best cpu throttling app is Mo'Slo, the non-freeware 'biz' edition. I was playing the game with that, running it with 20% 'emulation' until the 16bit color trick was discovered.
Shirakani
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » March 1st, 2008, 11:22 am

Shirakani wrote:cpukiller and any/all other apps that slow apps down by simply taking up cpu cycles fails horribly.

Hence the suggestion to use thread master.

People who are having this problem, when you use the 16bit solution, do you also need to run in compatibility mode?

Unread postby Zaraciel » March 1st, 2008, 3:07 pm

Question wrote:Setting desktop color to 16bit doesnt affect fullscreen mode unfortunately. Its working for me in windowed though.

Yea... I've already mentioned that :)
-----
No need for compatibility mode. I run it in Vista with the option unchecked. If vista can play it.. probably anything less than that can play it?
Zaraciel
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Shirakani » March 1st, 2008, 4:27 pm

Message wrote:
Shirakani wrote:cpukiller and any/all other apps that slow apps down by simply taking up cpu cycles fails horribly.

Hence the suggestion to use thread master.

People who are having this problem, when you use the 16bit solution, do you also need to run in compatibility mode?

The game sometimes glitches w/o it on Core 2's i've found. Either it's not properly using the 2 cores or what not but on some characters, trying to perform 2nd or 3rd hits of combos will cause the game to crash to desktop. Setting it to win98 compat and forcing single core totally alleviates this.
Shirakani
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Moonrend » March 1st, 2008, 8:44 pm

As far as me it has worked well in Vista where I played the whole game from the begining to the end, in 98 and xp it also ran well, atleast on some fights since I just tested in on some random fights from save games that I transfered to the other computers.

and no compatibly modes used.
And also all used in windowed mode.
Also did not tamper with core affiliating with the comp that had vista. (Dual core.)
Also had no crashes at all.

Hope this helps a bit.
Moonrend
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Irbis » March 2nd, 2008, 3:32 pm

Cent wrote:Yea I dismissed it at first too, but it's the first character that appears right after the point where hahaha has seemed to have crashed. And it's done it for me specifically at that point too. Feeling kind of suspicious about it now.

Yes, it crashed six times in that place for me - counting two times where it crashed several lines later. At first and seventh try it somehow worked fine, though.
Irbis
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Cent » March 2nd, 2008, 10:26 pm

Question is correct:
Running in windowed mode (Without compatibility, it makes no difference) with 16 bit will make the game run at normal speeds.
Running in fullscreen with 16 bit will run the game at super speed.
Running in either screen mode with 32 bit will be super speed.

Just tested, and the results were the same.
Cent
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Zorpheus » March 3rd, 2008, 6:57 pm

Balcerzak wrote:
hahahahaaha wrote:During the scene in Yuzuha's room (where kamyu and everyone are making nicknames for each other), when aruruw suggests a nickname for eruruw and says "eruuga", the game just crashes with the usual microsoft error message. I tried 3 times with similiar results, then i tried to "skip" it using the ctrl button before aruruw can say anything but that didnt work either.

It only crashed on me once, after which I was able to progress, seeing the same distortion mentioned by Cent (except my lines were more red than grey).

Confirmed. As I was naturally progressing through the game, and got to this scene, the game crashed at the point mentioned (erasing my progress of the last two battles might I add since I hadn't saved recently). I loaded my old game, fought the battles again, and this time saved it before the crash occurred (saved at the point where Eruruw was making the Scary Loli Face(tm) over the unpeeled fruit, if it matters). It crashed again. When I loaded the game, and got to that point, it let me through, pausing for a split second and then completing the rest of the text box with a red and blue mess lining the top of the text bar.

Running an AMD Athlon 64 3000+, ATI Radeon X800 GTO, 2gb PC3200 RAM
Zorpheus
Totally hardly posted

PreviousNext

Return to Utawarerumono Chat