Utawarerumono Bug Report [v1.1]

Kemonomimi Discussion

Moderator: Staffers

Re: Utawarerumono Bug Report [v1.1]

Unread postby Pezzy » August 13th, 2010, 5:52 am

Following the "Desperate Battle of the Bridge" (when Touka falls off the broken bridge), the game crashes after when selecting the "Square" option (only option available). I've tried different settings (windowed vs full, slower text speed, etc), but I still get the CTD. I had one or two crashes prior to this at other parts (not using CTRL to speed up text), but was able to pass those just by reloading. I'm going to start a new game on a harder difficulty and see if I can get past it.

Vista 64
Radeon 4870X2
Updated Direct X
Not using the voice patch

Save files:
Mediafire - 000.save
Mediafire - 000idx.save

Thanks.

[Edit: added]
Started a new game on hard 3, but it's crashing again at an earlier spot. Nothing will let me get past it. I haven't had problems with any other VN, but I haven't been able to do anything to resolve this issue. Any thoughts?

[Edit: added]
It seems that as long as I save outside of the location selection screen, I can get past the crashes. Saving at a location screen that causes the crashes will continue the crashes. So, the solution is... save often (and not at a location screen). Now maybe I can actually play the game.
Pezzy
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby SolBalmung » February 1st, 2011, 10:32 am

I have a bit of a problem right now.When I installed Utawarerumono on my old average pc 2 years ago (english patched of course),it ran fine without any problem (didn't finish the game but made about 7h in it).Now when I tried playing it again on my new pc, I installed the game,it start fine but then randomly crashes,in the beginning of the game before the first battle.It even pricesly crashes when Im in the section screen to move (when you have to choose where to go).In this screen when I save and go back to the move screen,it automatically crashes.Tried changing compatibiliy,running in admin and loads of of things but still nothing.
If somebody could help please.
PC Specs:
Windows Vista Premium Family edition (Service Pack 1)
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPUQ9300 2.50gGHz
32 bits
4.00g ram
Nividia Gforce 9500GS
SolBalmung
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby thatguywithaname » April 29th, 2012, 5:32 am

YuenSan wrote:The part when Kamyu is talking to Yuzuha, Aruru, and Eruruw about giving each other nicknames and Aruru says "Erunga" or something like that, it crashes (Used Applocale in the process while on English setting as well as JPN setting)

When I use the .exe with voice it crashes, but no-voice version shows this... (sometimes crashes too)

Hey everyone, I might have found an answer to this.

Go to your Utawarerumono directory and right-click the utaware-dvd.exe file
Hit Properties
Click on the Compatability tab
Check the box next to the option that says "Run this program in compatability mode for:" and make sure that Windows XP (service pack 3) is selected in the dropdown menu
Also make sure that "Run this program as an administrator" box is checked
Hit apply and try to get past the Eruunga part now.

This worked for me (i am using Windows 7, if it matters). Registered just to make this post, yay for me! Good luck you guys!
thatguywithaname
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby drphroggy » January 20th, 2013, 4:08 pm

YuenSan wrote:
The part when Kamyu is talking to Yuzuha, Aruru, and Eruruw about giving each other nicknames and Aruru says "Erunga" or something like that, it crashes (Used Applocale in the process while on English setting as well as JPN setting)

When I use the .exe with voice it crashes, but no-voice version shows this... (sometimes crashes too)

Hey everyone, I might have found an answer to this.

Go to your Utawarerumono directory and right-click the utaware-dvd.exe file
Hit Properties
Click on the Compatability tab
Check the box next to the option that says "Run this program in compatability mode for:" and make sure that Windows XP (service pack 3) is selected in the dropdown menu
Also make sure that "Run this program as an administrator" box is checked
Hit apply and try to get past the Eruunga part now.

This worked for me (i am using Windows 7, if it matters). Registered just to make this post, yay for me! Good luck you guys!

I am also using Windows 7, and did this (though I did it on the file named utaware-voice.exe since that is the executable to start the translated game. Worked perfectly, Thanks for the tip guy!
drphroggy
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby motionsky » October 20th, 2014, 6:28 am

I have this problem.
How do I fix this?

I am in Japanese Locale and I clicked the Dvd.exe file and got an error message "Cannot find Utawarerumono disc." After that I opened the voice file I got "Please insert Uta Disc"

Screenshot

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1c7ow05lxgt7 ... a.png?dl=0
motionsky
Totally hardly posted

Previous

Return to Utawarerumono Chat