Utawarerumono Typo/Grammar Mistake Report [v1.0]

Kemonomimi Discussion

Moderator: Staffers

Utawarerumono Typo/Grammar Mistake Report [v1.0]

Unread postby Message » February 9th, 2008, 8:38 am

This is a report thread for all the typos and grammar mistakes you may find in Utawarerumono English.

Please state:
- The scene
- The mistake (What's wrong)
- Possible correction
- The version of Utawarerumono English

NOTE - Before you post a textual error, search this thread to see if it hasn't already been reported.

NOTE - Only report errors ONCE. Do NOT discuss other people's reports, nor our decision on whether or not to fix something.

Current version: Utawarerumono English v1.0 [2008-02-09]
Last edited by Message on January 19th, 2009, 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Unread postby Caineth » February 9th, 2008, 5:12 pm

Version: Utawarerumono English v1.0 [2008-02-09]
Training option > Beginner > first few pages.

Original Text
First, the blue square around Hakuoro when it is his turn. This is your movement boundary.
Suggested Change
First, the blue squares around Hakuoro light up when it is his turn. This is your movement boundary.

Original Text
You have to just get closer. And then the next time, you can get closer... that is how it is.
Suggested Change
You just have to get closer. And then the next time, you can get closer... that is how it is.

Original Text
When you do not attack?
Suggested Change
When do you not attack?
How do you not attack?

(I was thinking, perhaps the errors here are intentional?)

Shortly after starting the game
http://crimsonazurite.com/Uta_errors/heal_ed.JPG
Caineth
Addict

Unread postby Henduluin » February 9th, 2008, 9:57 pm

Version 1.0

Scene: Visiting Yuzuha after the second battle. (The one with Mutikapa)

When Hakuoro is thinking about how much Yuzuha has changed, he says to himself "It seemed painful and thin at first, but now it seems full of life"

I'm thinking "it" should be replaced with "she". Then again "She seemed painful" sounds a tad off to me as well, but that might be my tiredness. Maybe change it to "She seemed pained and thin at first, but now she seems full of life".

Also, not entirely sure if it should be here or in the bug topic, but a couple pages later, when Yuzuha has an attack, there's the line "He bows down on the ground, casting off all his pride". This is an observation made by Hakuoro about Oboro, but Tuskur's name is shown above it.

Slightly afterwards, after having given her the medicine, Tuskur says "You seems to have settled down. She is past the worst part". Should be "She seems to have settled down."

Again, just afterwards, when Oboro encounters Benawi, "Iif you do not wish to be caught" should be "If you do not wish to be caught"

After Tuskur gets carried inside after being stabbed, she's talking about how Eruruu resembled her elder sister. "Hoho... you might now be able..." should be "Hoho... you might not be able..."
Last edited by Henduluin on February 9th, 2008, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Ryuusoul » February 9th, 2008, 10:14 pm

ray_althor wrote:Version: Utawarerumono English v1.0 [2008-02-09]
Training option > Beginner > first few pages.

Original Text
First, the blue square around Hakuoro when it is his turn. This is your movement boundary.
Suggested Change
First, the blue squares around Hakuoro light up when it is his turn. This is your movement boundary.

(Ryuusoul): ? It already says squares.

ray_althor wrote:Original Text
You have to just get closer. And then the next time, you can get closer... that is how it is.
Suggested Change
You just have to get closer. And then the next time, you can get closer... that is how it is.

(Ryuusoul): I can buy that.

ray_althor wrote:Original Text
When you do not attack?
Suggested Change
When do you not attack?
How do you not attack?

(I was thinking, perhaps the errors here are intentional?)

(Ryuusoul): No so much an intentional error as that is how it is written. But yes, that is how she is speaking.

Shortly after starting the game
http://crimsonazurite.com/Uta_errors/heal_ed.JPG
[/quote]

(Ryuusoul): Fixed, as should be all of these pre-battle 2 line break errors.

Henduluin wrote:Version 1.0

Scene: Visiting Yuzuha after the second battle. (The one with Mutikapa)

When Hakuoro is thinking about how much Yuzuha has changed, he says to himself "It seemed painful and thin at first, but now it seems full of life"

I'm thinking "it" should be replaced with "she". Then again "She seemed painful" sounds a tad off to me as well, but that might be my tiredness. Maybe change it to "She seemed pained and thin at first, but now she seems full of life".

Also, not entirely sure if it should be here or in the bug topic, but a couple pages later, when Yuzuha has an attack, there's the line "He bows down on the ground, casting off all his pride". This is an observation made by Hakuoro about Oboro, but Tuskur's name is shown above it.

Slightly afterwards, after having given her the medicine, Tuskur says "You seems to have settled down. She is past the worst part". Should be "She seems to have settled down."

Again, just afterwards, when Oboro encounters Benawi, "Iif you do not wish to be caught" should be "If you do not wish to be caught"

All fixed, but the first "error" is referring to her smile. I will make it more obvious.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby Caineth » February 9th, 2008, 10:48 pm

Ryuusoul wrote:(Ryuusoul): ? It already says squares.

Suggested Change

I believe this will make a little more sense
Caineth
Addict

Unread postby Ryuusoul » February 9th, 2008, 11:02 pm

She is just literally introducing the squares, not saying what they do.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Return to Utawarerumono Chat