Utawarerumono Updates

Kemonomimi Discussion

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Message » February 10th, 2008, 10:14 am

It's probably possible, but indeed a lot of work. No plans for now, maybe we'll do it some day if we're bored but don't feel like starting new translations.

lolipedofin wrote:i think i read message's post somewhere about mirrormoon considered voice hacking of PS2 game as warez.

No. If you own the PS2 version, taking the voicefiles out is perfectly legal. If you redistribute those files, THEN it's warez.

Unread postby raidman565 » February 11th, 2008, 12:17 am

Message wrote:Nope, only one route. Where's my Aruruw ending... ;__;

Is there really only one route :_: I want a Yuzuha ending :_:
raidman565
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby X-Calibar » March 15th, 2008, 6:15 am

I'm curious...
Is it feasible to add new scenes, dialogue, extra story? Or does it get technically problematic very fast? [scripting? or down and dirty hacking?]
I remember reading that the names and dialogue were stored in seperate areas; are changing portraits; sounds, etc seperate as well?

(My main purpose for asking is: I was wondering how feasible adding the PS2 extra scenes would be... But, also I was just toying at the idea of bonus fan created material :wink:
For example, I haven't seen the anime yet, but if there are some things touched upon in the anime, that are left unexplored in the game... [haven't seen the anime yet], or perhaps a certain radio show introduced some things not introduced in the game? or even a mod*...)

*[with games like Baldur's Gate where fans have created full romances for characters that previously did not have them or extra adventures etc...; I was just wondering why I can't think of any commercial Visual Novels that are modded in that fashion...]
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Ryuusoul » March 15th, 2008, 7:31 am

On a scale of 1 to 10, Leaf's formatting is pretty frickin' convoluted.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby X-Calibar » March 15th, 2008, 8:00 am

Your post frightens me. But, if it is possible, not too technical [or in Japanese] and mostly just nail biting and time consuming; should you ever decide to translate the new scenes, and someone is able to extract the PS2 graphics, insert new CG graphics etc [or have them drawing from an external file like the voice patch ...]; feel free to call on me to struggle through the insertion/scripting process and whatever else I can do.
[that's a long sentence!]
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby md » March 15th, 2008, 7:31 pm

*[with games like Baldur's Gate where fans have created full romances for characters that previously did not have them or extra adventures etc...; I was just wondering why I can't think of any commercial Visual Novels that are modded in that fashion...]

md
Crack Addic!

Unread postby X-Calibar » March 16th, 2008, 12:11 am

um, um, um.... *long pause*
That is so blasphemous lol

I can't tell if you're just trying to make me laugh [I have never seen BG and the GODLY NOOB in the same game, got me to laugh but...] or if you are trying to say there aren't intelligent and highly professional BG mods out there :p and thus saying that a Visual Novel mod is doomed to : http://ssshotaru.homestead.com/files/ao ... lator.html quality :?
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Previous

Return to Utawarerumono Chat