[Blue Shades | Infinite Symphony] A general Nasu-Verse FF

Post any of your TYPE-MOON related stories, artwork, etc. This is a spoiler zone, so spoiler tags are NOT required as fan fiction is bound to be full of them. You have been warned.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Pink » May 13th, 2009, 11:48 pm

Ack, I wish there was a stickie post about what is alright to post here.... Because I get nervous without one ;-;. But I guess it can't be helped. I am writing a general Nasu-Verse fiction, I hope to eventually make a tribute VN (Despite the fact that 99% of all such projects fail miserably). So um... Yea... I'll post the first two scenes... They are rather short, but the end of the second one has a path to choose. The character section is simply a brief bit of info on characters we have seen. If you see any inconsistencies with Nasu-verse lore, please correct me (I'd be grateful). This is my first time writing Fan Fiction so please be earnest with your responses, since that will help me write better, faster.

Also, voice which path you want to take, I'll write those paths.

Also, once more, the song Blue Shades really set this whole story for me in my head. The song just inspired me a lot. This is a link to it, and below is a Link to Frank Ticheli's site, which has a lot of his stuff.

Frank Ticheli's Site

Characters:

Name: Nimmins Lansdale, aka Lansly
Picture: N/A
Appearance: Wears shorts, T-shirt, sandals with ankle socks, long hair. A real independent fashion sense. With a very pale complexion and blonde hair, he stands out from the rest of his family. Is 6'0".
History: When he was 13 his family was in a car wreak that killed his father instantly and put his mother into a Coma (She later died due to complications). He was adopted by the Aldworths at the request of his grandmother, whom was too busy taking care of her sickly spouse to properly care for Nimmins. The boy's Grandfather recently died and left him with a broken music box.

Name: Jacob Aldworth
Appearance: likes to wear Jeans and white long sleeved-shirts. Like the rest of the Aldworths he has light brown skin due to his Asian American heritage. Has short black hair. Stands 5'10"
History: Friends with Nimmins since before the accident that killed his parents, he has a tendency to show his affection for his step-brother through pranks. Has become quite an athletic runner due to the frequency of Nimmins rage at small jokes.

Name: Sydney Aldworth
Appearance:Likes to wear knee-long skirts with a long sleeved cable-knit sweater. She is about 5' 11".
History: Jacob's sister, and potential love interest for Nimmins.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue Scene I: Awakening
BG: Bedroom, Starry Night
BGM: Spacious Ambience
Characters: Nimmins Lansdale aka Lansly

I have no knowledge of relics…

No knowledge of family heirlooms nor fantastic treasures…
But I knew I was being given something valuable.

No, valuable implies it has material worth,
What I had been given was beyond physical wealth.
My grandfather left for me a great secret after he died.

…

Those were the ridiculously stupid thoughts I had.

I had been momentarily filled with child-like naivety that my grandfather would leave to me something of importance. It was like I was – for those few precious seconds when I held the box in my hand – able to earnestly believe in magic and the fantastic.

It was a short lived jubilant moment; the box held within it only a simple music-box. The paint had been chipped and the key was missing. It was as much as to be expected of an inheritance. There were no grand secrets nor arcane materials - Grandfather simply passed away in his sleep of natural causes and had given mundane pieces of junk to his descendants.

… But I still can’t evade the illogical feeling of excitement that I get when I look at it. Even though I stopped believing in magic and monsters long ago, even though I am firmly planted in knowledge chemical and biological…

I simply forget about all that and really believe in those childhood fantasies when I see that box.

My grandfather gave it to me in his death, so I know there has to be more to it than a simple broken music box. My grandfather wasn’t the kind of person who would have left me something simply for the sake of leaving something behind. Everything he did had a purpose, a plan.

Maybe that is why I am so troubled by this box. It probably is just a broken heirloom, and I am just grasping for a greater importance as a way to keep my grandfather alive within me.

…

I should get to sleep, I have school tomorrow. I’ll be able to think more on it then.

Prolouge Scene II: Awakening cont.
BG: Black, Bedroom, Dining Room, East Hall, Bathroom
Characters: Nimmins Lansly, Jacob Aldworth, Sydney Aldworth, Luccia Aldworth.

The light is bright through the window. It stains the crème colored room in vibrancy that stings my eyes.

…

Its definitely morning, so I roll myself over to hit off my alarm clock. My folks get mad when I wake up and leave my alarm to jostle the house despite my absences from the bed.

I like mornings. The quiet ambiance, the stillness, the wetness of the air from the night before. It really calms me. It’d be great if I could simply enjoy it I pout silently, pulling a T-Shirt from my closet over my head. But time keeps turning and the clocks in my house remind me so with their incessant

Tick

Tick

Tick

I really wish we could switch over to digital clocks.

Walking out of my room, my mind is still numb from sleeping so hard. I just stand in the hall door and look into the room with unfocused eyes.

…

…

…

“-----------?”

..?

I turn around hazily, feeling innately that something is wrong. Turning around however did not confront me with whom I wanted to see.

My step brother Jacob stands there, some how managing to stay silent despite the ridiculous simile on his face. He has been my friend for years, so he knows most of the buttons to push to upset me. My face feels warm, but I don’t let that stop me from being annoyed.

“Why do you have such an idiotic smile on your face Jacob?” A hint of suspicion is in my voice.

“I’m just happy, that’s all.”

His smile refuses to go away. Actually, rather than go away it grows even bigger, and that scares me. He only makes that face when he is being devious. I immediately start going through a mental list of what he could be planning, turning away from him so I can concentrate. Yet as soon as I do I have my ears filled with the sound of munching, muffin munching…

Wait… Wait… I bought a muffin the other day for today's breakfast because I knew we were going to be out of milk. That means if he is eating a muffin…

I turn around and glare at Jacob while wishing I had laser beams or fire eyes or something I could end his existence with. I was really wanting that for breakfast, but now it is nothing more than a few crumbs on his lips.

My breathing becomes a resonant sound in my ears and my calves tighten, I_

1. Am going to beat him senseless for making me go to classes without my meal. [Go to ‘I:Sydney I’]
2. Don't both with it, he is just being a pain and I have better things to do. Its not like I'll starve. [Go to 'I:Bus I']

-I : Sydney I
It's excusable, it's just wrong, its is practically sacrilege. I curl my fist into a ball, thinking about how I am going to suffer hunger pains in Biology. I hate being hungry, and I hate Biology, and I hate the idea of having both at the same time! Infact, the only thing I don't seem to hate at the moment is the idea of punching Jacob's face, repeatedly. So I swing my right hand in a fit of righteous fury, but hit air.

Jacob knows the situation: He'll run, I'll chase, and by the time I catch him I'll be too tired to even speak. But I am going along just for the smallest chance I might not run out of fuel before I catch him. My legs become silently lightning that stream across the hard wood floor, but his legs are already beams of light. He's down the east hallway and around the corner by the time I get out to the hall's entrance.

"I swear..."

It doesn't matter though. The hallways is a dead end at the moment due to remodelling, so he is going to be hiding in one of the rooms down the hall. I take each step with great satisfaction in the suspense, knowing that I have finally cornered him.

The doors slowly come into sight and I smile, stopping in place and listening for the slightest of disturbances. My eyes close and I surrender to my hearing.

....Swish...............

That was it, that was all I needed to hear. From my left side came from the bathroom the indication of my enemies presences. Jacob must be trying to hide behind the shower curtain, and I laugh. It might have worked too if I hadn't been so attentive.

The cold metal of the handle enlivens me and paints upon my face a smile. The twisting of my wrist, the creaking of the door. My sense of time slows down as I lean into the door and open it... Then I realize I just made a horrible mistake. This is my Sister's bathroom, and its morning. I curse myself for my stupidity and desperately wish that something might prevent my opening of the door.

.... Thump...

In a single heart beat, the door is open and I am looking at my sister Sydney as she looks absentmindedly into the mirror and caresses her arm. Something is strange thou-

THWACK

I feel a presence running behind me, and also feel myself falling forwards into my Sister. I know in my heart that it is all Jacob's fault, he must have been hiding in the adjacent room and was waiting for me to open the door. But, I can't really dwell on that as I stumble.

...Thump...

Its like I am watching a black and white movie, and I know my adrenaline must be rushing. Her eyes grow wide as she swings her head towards me, her mouth opens slightly.

I am going to fall into her, and that's bad because she is only wearing a towel. I panic and I twist myself to the right as hard as I can, desperately not wanting to embarrass my sister. To my amazement I manage to change my trajectory and hit my head on the cabinet, and then the stool, and then the bathtub rim, and then the floor. I can't really tell though if that was the order or not because things started looking weird after I hit the cabinet.

... Something sticky and wet is on my head, it feels like some one broke an egg on my scalp. I try to figure out why that is... But then I see my sister in front of me, making strange gestures. I can't really tell what is going on though, its like my head is flying away from my brain, and my eyes are turning into marshmallows. The last thing I recall was her blushing arm grabbing my shoulder and shaking me.
Pink
Might just like this board

Re: [Blue Shades | Infinite Symphony] A general Nasu-Verse FF

Unread postby zweiterversuch » May 16th, 2009, 11:38 pm

Yeah...

wait... maybe I missread...

*search*

Nasu-verse Ff...

*search*

NAsu-verse Ff....

*search*

Nasu-verse Ff....

NOT FOUND.

but it is still nice. A little bit weird but nice.

btw Your BGM was awesome!

but I prefer this one:
(this last comment is supposed to be a kind of joke...)

lyrics & images no related at all... only the music.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Pink » May 17th, 2009, 1:22 am

A peice of fiction by a fan of Nasu who was inspired by said person.

Therefore, Fiction by a Fan of Nasu.
Therefore, a Nasu fan's fiction.

Nasu as being related to a collection of works, being a general compiltation.

Therefore, General nasu.

So a General Nasu Fan's Fiction.

It seems perfectly logical to me *Presses his index finger against his lips and thinks*

Perhaps I should have said this was a Nasu Fan-Tribute?
Pink

Unread postby zweiterversuch » May 17th, 2009, 1:33 am

Pink wrote:A peice of fiction by a fan of Nasu who was inspired by said person.

Therefore, General nasu.

It seems perfectly logical to me *Presses his index finger against his lips and thinks*

wait...

was that all?

I thought there was something more to it. I was looking foward to some Cameo appareances...

If what you wanted to do was a tribute you should have said so. People get confused easily
(specially me)

but as I said before: it is nice!

I wonder why you decided to end it like that.
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Pink » May 17th, 2009, 3:13 am

zweiterversuch wrote:

Therefore, General nasu.

wait...

was that all?

I thought there was something more to it. I was looking foward to some Cameo appareances...

If what you wanted to do was a tribute you should have said so. People get confused easily
(specially me)

Who said that was the end o.o?
Pink

Unread postby zweiterversuch » May 17th, 2009, 10:36 am

Pink wrote:
zweiterversuch wrote:

Therefore, General nasu.

wait...

was that all?

(specially me)

Who said that was the end o.o?

That wasn't?

Yay!

I am looking foward it.
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Cruor » May 17th, 2009, 4:56 pm

It says prologue scene zweiterversuch. XD

So wait, is this story about people in Nasuverse but no direct connection to the other works or will it eventually have some indirect or direct references?
Cruor
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Pink » May 17th, 2009, 8:53 pm

Cruor wrote:It says prologue scene zweiterversuch. XD

So wait, is this story about people in Nasuverse but no direct connection to the other works or will it eventually have some indirect or direct references?

It will have some references, but no direct interaction with pre-established characters.

So yes, it is just a fanfiction about the Nasuverse itself, and not a specific work.
Pink

Return to TYPE-MOON Fan Fiction