A Dream of Seven Nights, Fading Moonlight (Tsuki/Rakkyo)

Post any of your TYPE-MOON related stories, artwork, etc. This is a spoiler zone, so spoiler tags are NOT required as fan fiction is bound to be full of them. You have been warned.

Moderator: Staffers

A Dream of Seven Nights, Fading Moonlight (Tsuki/Rakkyo)

Unread postby Kuuya/Fabre » February 28th, 2009, 9:22 am

I felt my life slowly ebb from me. A sensation that I hadn't felt for a long time. Am I just dreaming this scene, a scene that seems so familiar to me, or am I simply trying to re-live my past like some twisted novelist visiting a world he had already created in his head and knows that its just inescapable like the life he had lived until then?

Why am I rambling like some down-on-his-luck novelist?

~0~0~0~
Wednesday
The Broken Frame and the Hollow Doll

"Shiki-sama, wake up. You're having a nightmare. Shiki-sama... Shik...sama?"

Everything seems to be a blur as I try to shake the cobwebs filled my head, my body aching all over. A sensation likened to being hit by an
alligator or some land bound shark....

A futon?

When did I get in a futon? When did my room suddenly turn into one of those large, airy, tatami covered rooms you see on tv or those brochures for some classical japanese inn?

"Where the hell am I?"

I quickly turned to the person who was with me, a young girl in a kimono, with an pristine white apron.

But it's not Kohaku.

She has silvery-white hair, tied in a ponytail. Eyes so large they seem to take in everything yet revealing nothing about the person behind them. She seems to be a bit startled with the manner of speech I used.

"I beg your pardon, Shiki-sama, it seems that you still need some rest. You have just arrived from your training overseas and it seems you are still fatigued from the flight. I shall be informing the Master about your disposition." With that, she quickly made her way out of the room before I could voice my concerns.

I sigh and simply shook my head.

"What the hell has happened here? All I could remember about yesterday was some strange light after the train entered that tunnel..."

I'm not really sure of what to do but sitting in this strange room wouldn't solve anything.

~0~0~0~

It's been a long time since I tried wearing one of these things. Something from my past, I suppose.

Or was it?

My head ached as I tried to dig through what had happened the day before but everything seems to be a blur of different images and memories. Of conflicting emotions and sensations.

I adjust my glasses and then pulled on the front of my kimono. For some strange reason it started to feel very familiar. Nostalgic would be the right word.

" Heh, if Arcueid could see me right now she'd probably be laughing so hard that... umm... Arcueid? Who... Did I know someone by that name?"

I stroke my chin and tried to recall something about that name. Everything started to go out of focus as my glasses shifted.

My glasses...

Hey Shiki, can I have a look at them?

I smiled wryly as I adjust them again.

How can I forget her? That silly laughter, that child-like innocence as we went our way to enjoy what little time time we have together.

~0~0~0~

The house was impressive. The gardens and the beautiful pools filled with carp. The very atmosphere of the place was calming. I'm not quite sure what to make of this place but I guess the people who own it must be pretty rich.

"As rich as the Tohnos, I guess..."

However, there is something about this place that make me feel ill at ease.

It felt like I wasn't really wide awake but in some sort of dream. It made me feel like running.

I rounded a corner in a hurry.

Unfortunately, it seems, that someone was standing there, doing the same thing I was doing. In a flurry of pink and gray we ran into each other.

We both hit the wooden floor with a resounding crash. I'm not quite sure what had happened but it felt like it was my fault.

I felt something pressing against my chest, and though a kimono wouldn't normally make it noticeable I'm quite sure I ran into a girl. Not that I would mistake THAT part pressing against me.

All I can see of her was the top of her head. I guess, from the way we landed that she tried to avoid me but in my surprise I pulled her close.

"I'm sorry. Um, Are you okay?" I smiled as I scratched the back of my head, feeling the beginnings of a bump that might swell into the size of a grapefruit if I don't apologize to this girl soon."

"Kokutō ?"

"Err... huh?"

------------------------------------------------
Good day everyone!

This is my first attempt to writing a fan fiction. It's also my first attempt in posting here. Honestly, I've been lurking here since waaaaay back then, but it's only recently that I managed to get some backbone to actually register.... ^___^
Last edited by Kuuya/Fabre on March 4th, 2009, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kuuya/Fabre
Addict

Unread postby that one guy » February 28th, 2009, 7:04 pm

Welcome, and I'm kinda looking foreward to this story. Though I really should catch up on my Rakkyo first...<_<
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kuuya/Fabre » March 1st, 2009, 7:29 am

Kuuya - Thanks!

So back to the story~~~

~~~
Wednesday
part 2
~~~

I'm not sure if I heard it right, but I thought she called me..."Kokutō"

The girl in front of me has short hair, cut in the way that she reminds me of someone... But the way she looked at me...

Definitely like Akiha... in a not so good mood.

"Ahh.. eheheh. Sorry about that. I was just...uhh... I mean, I'm sorry!"

She slowly stood up, gave me a single glance, and turned away.

"Tch."

"Uh, umm..." I reached out and laid a hand on her shoulder.

The next thing I know I was flying.

I hit the floor with a resounding crash. This girl, who seems to be as small a frame as Ciel sempai was also as strong as her...

Are? When did I remember Sempai being so strong?

"Ara ara, what is this noise all about? And this early too?"

One of the shoji panels nearby slid open, and a man that looked vaguely familiar to me stared at me and the girl. He scratched the back of his head sheepishly.

"Ah, I guess you've met each other... Shiki."

*memories came flooding into my head, memories of this man carrying me on his shoulder, memories upon memories of things that shouldn't have and should have happened.*
*and memories of a lone and distant past, of a red moon, standing 'neath a bloody moonlight*

"Dad?"

The man, who was, is, my dad, smiled..and then gave out a hearty laughter.

"Hahahaha, what got into you Shiki? It's like you've seen a ghost! Get yourself up and introduce yourself to the nice you woman. You shouldn't be lazing about, being the heir of the Nanaya clan."

The Nanaya?

My mind suddenly goes blank for a moment. That was my family name before I got adopted into the Tohnos. What is happening here. The shock slowly made its way on my face but I quickly turned away before my dad notices it.

"Yeah, you're right. Sorry about that."

I turned to the girl in front of me.

"My name is To-um-Nanaya Shiki. It's a pleasure to meet you."

She looked at me for a moment, as if trying to find out something about me. Not the way one would look at a person who you've just met. More like the way you'd judge, say, a piece of meat on a rack or a target within your sights. It gave me the feeling of being under a magnifying glass of some kid who'd easily fry me with it than just looking at me.

After a moment of intense silence...

"Ah, yes."

It sounded like she reached a decision about something else...

"My name is Ryōgi Shiki."

I blinked twice.

"Damn it, you really remind me of that guy a lot!"

I gave her one puzzled look, "Huh?"

"Che, don't mind me. I guess you'd be surprised too huh?"

My dad just gave a hearty laugh.

"Hahahahaha! Don't worry about my son, Ryōgi-san. He can get a bit air-headed when he wakes up!"

The girl named Shiki simply shook her head and made her way past me.

"I need to talk to you later..." She whispered as she passed by.

After she left my dad wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"Gah, you're really fast my boy. You've just met your fiance and now your both whispering secrets to one another. Geh, that's my son..."

She said she needs to talk to me later. Maybe she knows something about what is happening to me right now. I guess I need to take it slowly for now.

"I'm sorry dad, I need to do something."

With that I ran back to my room, the room that seemed to be a part of my memory but one that has been locked away in the past.

Just as I was about to change into another set of clothes I remembered something.

"FIANCEEEEE????"
Kuuya/Fabre
Addict

Unread postby Headron » March 1st, 2009, 9:07 am

WOW so the two people with eyes of death preception are getting married.... Damn i feel sorry for their kid, it's going to see more death than it can handle. But WOW that's an idea i never thought of shesh that can get really hectic really fast. Great work i can't wait for more.
Gilgamesh: Stupid MONGRELS forcing me to live on a roof for eternity.

viewtopic.php?p=55233#55233
Headron
Might just like this board

Unread postby that one guy » March 1st, 2009, 7:30 pm

Plot twists....PLOT TWISTS!
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby -Shiki- » March 1st, 2009, 7:38 pm

somehow, i'm as confused as T.Shiki :lol: maybe cos its 4am..have to......stay...awake :shock:
-Shiki-
Addict

Unread postby Kuuya/Fabre » March 1st, 2009, 11:26 pm

~~~
Wednesday
part 3
~~~

That day, I didn't spend much time outside the main house. It was kinda hectic, with people I don't know but somehow recognize greeting me and talking to me about things that I knew I hadn't done but somehow know I had done. It was all so, strange.

"Ahhh, this is really so confusing... And tiring..."

I sat down, my back against a naked tree... Ah, spring is still far off...

Spring? Why spring? Wasn't it summer when I left to visit Kohaku?

Are... Why was I visiting Kohaku?

Something about that thought bothered me. As if it was a disjointed dream where one thing wasn't suppose to lead into another was suddenly brought together. Antipodal events that happened were suddenly meshed together and somewhat woven into a tangled tapestry.

"I guess you're not as dumb looking as he is, Shiki-kun."

It was the girl, Ryōgi Shiki, who I met earlier. And again this afternoon.

It seemed our families know each other, or something like that. My father, Kiri, was an acquaintance of Ryōgi-san's father and somehow found out that we both shared the same name. It amused them somewhat so they decided (without our consent of course) that an engagement meeting is to be held.

I had a feeling that for some reason that these event shouldn't have transpired.

"Ahh, Ryōgi-san, good afternoon. Um, sorry about what happened this afternoon. I kinda fumbled everything and..Sorry!"

I smiled sheepishly.

"Che, you're really a pushover, aren't you? Sheesh, the way you talk and act really reminds me of that guy and its getting on my nerves." She somewhat vehemently spat at me.

She shook her head and took a seat beside me.

Ryōgi-san is a real mystery to me too. During the meeting she was all proper and ladylike but when we're together like this she gets a little bit... scary...

For some strange reason I find it comforting.

"Well, you remind me of someone too," I laugh.

"If you find our situation that amusing I might as well leave. Just you know this place also feels strange to me."

That silenced any laughter coming from me.

She drew her knees to her face, the look on her reminding me of a certain someone, someone I can't seem to remember but...

I sighed and let out a breathe.

"You feel like this is some sort of dream. But somehow everything feels real. You remember things that weren't suppose to be but they are. Your body doesn't feel like yours but somehow is a part of you..." I sadly run my hand over my chest.

This morning, when I changed my clothes, I saw something that shocked me. Or, if I should say it right...

I didn't see anything when there should be something.

My scar was gone...

Though my eyes hadn't change...

I rested my head against the tree, wondering if I should be talking about these things with a girl I barely knew.

"My arm..."she said softly.

"Huh?"

"My left arm... you see..."

I didn't look at her. I simply stared at the sky.

We sat there silently...

Silently watching...

Silently waiting...

For this dream to disappear...

Into the fading moonlight...

(End of day 1)
Kuuya/Fabre
Addict

Unread postby -Shiki- » March 2nd, 2009, 2:58 am

really nice..i like this story..a good nights sleep truly awaken my senses :lol: keep it up :)
-Shiki-
Addict

Unread postby Kuuya/Fabre » March 2nd, 2009, 8:10 am

INTERMISSION: A dream of the moon and innocence lost

I often watch the dragonflies race against each other across the pond, not a care in the world. Those where the days
when a child simply wasn't exposed to the cold harsh realities beyond the walls of his singularly simple world.

And yet those days can easily shatter when the walls one built up came crashing down...

Not from a simple act, not from an act as harmless as one child hurting another...

But when one tries to kill another...

When death suddenly stared at you... And you stare back in horror...

When everything suddenly starts to fall apart...

A young child cries... another dies...

In a garden of innocence lost...

I stared into the darkness, wondering what that dream was all bout.

A dream from my past, my real past.

The time when everything fell apart for me, the wonderful illusion I shared with Akiha, SHIKI and Hisui.

"Akiha... If this place is what I think it is... we might meet as enemies and not as siblings..."

~0~0~0~

Elsewhere

~0~0~0~

"You seem to be a bit annoyed, my dear..." I smiled at my guest.

"Don't give me that crap! I'm starting to get pretty annoyed with this little game your planning and it hasn't even started yet!" My guest seems to be a bit... one might say... irritated with how I'm orchestrating this piece.

"You need not worry, I promise not to harm your adorable little student. I can even promise that he'd enjoy this little game. So don't go ruffling your feathers with something so trivial."

My guest simply stared at me in anger.

"But why include her? If that woman finds out what happened to one of her playthings I won't hear the end of it. As it is she's getting too annoying, like an old woman."

I laughed. It seems sibling love can't be used to describe my guest and the 'other one'.

"Don't worry. It would all play out right... You need not worry about anything... Miss Blue..."
Kuuya/Fabre
Addict

Unread postby Kuuya/Fabre » March 3rd, 2009, 3:06 am

~0~0~0~
Thursday

Find Your True Self
~0~0~0~

Too early...

That's what I'm saying to myself when they woke me up.

I guess the thing about waking me up yesterday after everyone has finished breakfast was done in the consideration that I had just arrived overseas and needed some rest.

They had me do some things that just wouldn't seep into my brain, being awoken in such ungodly hour.

"Okay Shiki! Time to show your fiancee what you can do." My dad's booming voice resonated all throughout the dojo.

DOJO???

He gave me a wink and grinned broadly, "What? Didn't we talk about this yesterday? About you and Shi-chan..."

SHICHAAAANNNN? And the way my dad said it... Crap.. If Ryōgi-san ever finds out about this I'm...

"*cough*"

I slowly turned my head around. There was definitely something bad the way that small cough sounded.

It's Ryōgi-san and the look on her face is something that even I can't describe.

"Ah, Kiri-sama and Shiki-kun. Good morning... It seems that you two are enjoying yourselves..."

"..."

~0~0~0~

I sighed...

Sparring with someone... something that I'm quite sure I hadn't done but something that I feel familiar with...

From what I heard yesterday the Ryōgi are skilled martial artists, though not as good as my family, the Nanayas. It might be a biased view since I was talking with people who worked and lived with us... but...

"Are? Aren't we going to use wooden swords for this match?"

My father slapped my back hard, " What are you talking about? We always used 'live' weapons when we practice."

When he said live, I had a gut feeling that I might have also mean real guns too.

And then I noticed some bullet holes and other marks made by things I don't have an idea of all over the dojo floor.

~0~0~0~

I'm sweating and breathing hard as I tried to parry Ryōgi-san's thrust. This is something that no amount of mental preparation can get me ready. For someone with her build, she moves and strikes with the speed and grace of a young tigress. Her face, unclouded with any emotion whatsoever, her strikes so fluid like water.

My dad shouted from the sidelines,"What are you doing, Shiki? Trying to score points with your fiancee? That won't work with her, you'll only end up making her angry!"

I'm trying my best here but I've never had that much formal training with a sword, none at all.

If it wasn't for the fact that I had fought something like the dead and the Dead Apostles before I'm not sure I'd be able to stand against Ryōgi-san's attacks...

If I don't do something soon I'm going to lose this match...

Pathetic, I can clearly see her moves. See, the speed and arc of her swing is off by 3.25 degrees. I just need to.

*krsshh* *swing* *clash*

What the hell happened? I managed to get a counter attack in when I blocked her blade and slid my own down it's length and striking with the butt end of my grip. If she hadn't pulled back I might have ended it by crushing her throat...

Crushing her throat? What the hell was I thinking.

Simple really, I just need to kill her to win this match

"Interesting Shiki-kun. You're starting to look different. You're definitely not like him."

She smiled. An interesting and somehow entrancing smile.

The way death smiles when you face him.

All the hesitation seemed to wash out of me. I can feel an elation I couldn't describe. A euphoric feeling that can't be gained from any sort of drug.

The intense orgasmic sensation between two lovers entwined in an embrace of death.

"So be it Ryōgi-san, let's have a deathmatch!"

Tohno Shiki fades out of my mind, and Nanaya Shiki takes the blade in my hand...
Kuuya/Fabre
Addict

Unread postby -Shiki- » March 3rd, 2009, 12:50 pm

O.o
T.shiki using a sword..i dont know if it looks cool or not..but i'm betting that he looks funny :lol: he should juz used a knife..looks like Nanaya mode is coming..that makes all the fun :)
-Shiki-
Addict

Unread postby Kuuya/Fabre » March 4th, 2009, 2:43 am

~0~0~0~
Thursday

Find Your True Self

Part 2
~0~0~0~

Know yourself, know your enemy.
The right people, place, and time.

These are the things that my old man taught me. Things that came rushing to me in that instance.

I immediately realized that I'm in a disadvantage.

One, my opponent is definitely a notch skilled than me in this kind of fight. Upfront fights where never the forte of the Nanaya. They take down their prey by stealth. Even if they manage to defend against our initial attacks we usually have the advantage of being the first to strike.

*slash* *crsh* *shh*

Two, I'm not used to this weapon. It's a good deal heavier than my Nanatsu-yoru. I prefer a weapon you can go up close and personal with. Ryōgi-san had training with this weapon. In this state, the right people, or the right weapon, is against me.

"What are you doing Shiki? She's still pressing you hard there. You can't win this fight by being defensive." It seems my old man has seen me through.

Three, because of the first two I'm forced to fight a defensive battle. This means I have limited the amount of strikes I can mount against my opponent. But with the open area of the dojo this also means that when fighting a highly mobile enemy I'd be forced to defend against multiple fronts...

"Che, you're really into this, aren't you.. 'Shi-chan' " I grinned as I managed to knock her back after blocking one of her lightning-quick strikes.

She simply, coldly stared at me.

Four, when faced with an enemy with superior morale, no amount of provocation can weaken their stance. Ryōgi-san looks like a different person when she's not fighting. I have definitely misunderstood her pre-fight bravado as overconfidence.

"I guess, I better end this fight then. Old man, I want a nice western style breakfast after this."

"Heh, just end will ya."

Oh, I definitely remembered I said I was at a disadvantage at the beginning of this fight.

She has four points against me.

Big F*cking deal.

I only need two points of advantage to win this fight.

She's only ten paces in front of me. With her speed shed cross that distance in a blink of an eye.

A blink is all that matters.

She dashes in low, sword ready in an upward swing. In the quarter of the moment she started to put weight on her left leg, at the distance of four paces I thrust my blade into the 'point' of the wooden board that runs the entire length from where I was standing and where her right foot is on. The board 'dies' at that moment, before she can put her weight on her left, the right taking her entire mass. A cloud of dust rose as the board explodes in a hail of splinters.

And I was the one who brought about this chaos.

"Good! Good! What a great match. I definitely call it a tie!" *cough* cough*

I felt the edge of her sword biting into one of the larger 'lines' that run from my shoulder down to my hip. What was startling was the fact that it definitely feels like that she was aiming for that part. I was also a bit surprised with the slight look of shock on Ryōgi-san's face when she realized that my sword's edge was also biting into a line that bisected her.

That momentary look of shock disappeared from her face, replaced by a slight smile of recognition...

~0~0~0~

"Yare yare... I guess mama's going to kill me later when she finds out you two wrecked the dojo."

After finishing up at the dojo we made our way back to the main building. For some strange reason, Ryōgi-san has a big smile on her face, quite unlike the one she had on when we fought.

"Ne, ne, Shiki-kun."

"What is it Shiki?" That's the first time I truly called her by her name casually.

"Let's have a date later." She beamed at me, like a young boy who had just found a new and interesting toy to play with.

"Yeah... Okay... let's go on a.... DATE????"
Kuuya/Fabre
Addict

Unread postby Kuuya/Fabre » March 6th, 2009, 2:01 am

~0~0~0~
Thursday

Find Your True Self

Part 3
~0~0~0~

"So, how did you get yours?"

I blinked at that question.

At my father's insistence, Ryōgi-san and I went out on a date, as she suggested earlier. I guess my old man has taken a liking to her and has somehow taken it to himself to playing matchmaker. As if I had a choice in the matter.

I tried to lighten the mood a little by laughing.

"Well, I kinda got into an accident when I was young. Of course, the people here won't know about it..." I smiled sheepishly.

Ryōgi-san, I mean, Shiki nodded. We've both agreed, after our previous discussion, that we have somehow found ourselves at a different time and place. A different world more like it. A world that seems to be a combination of our memories. And not only that, memories totally different and quite likely memories of this world seems to blend itself to our own.

We where spending a quiet afternoon at a park some distance near our 'school'. The park was somehow taken from my memory as the same one as the one where I 'killed' Nrvnqsr 'Nero' Chaos. (author note: I'd be referring to Nrvnqsr Nero from this point on. I hate writing that name, without any vowels at all... hehehe ^_^ )

"Um, during the fight, you seemed kinda different." I was a bit curious about this during our fight.

"Oh, 'coz I was the one fighting you then." She smiled.

"Huh?"

"It gets kinda complicated. Guy's like us tend to hate the complicated stuff. So I guess I better 'splain it to ya."

And then she told me about how the Ryōgis train their children to have an alternate personally. I got kinda lost about the ying-yang stuff, but I did get the generally idea. SHIKI is the one I'm talking to right now. The male personality.

"So, anything strange happened to you too when you came here?" I asked him.

SHIKI stood up and took a seat beside me. Even if the personality right now was male, the body is still female. HE pressed HER body close to me as he stared off at a distance.

"Well, I did come to life when I came here... Kinda cool ain't it?"

I simply looked up and watched as the clouds raced across the chill winter sky.

~0~0~0~

My throat hurts... It feels soooo dry...

*A young woman walks across the parking lot, her hand fumbling in her bag as she struggled to find her keys. She could feel the malevolent presence watching, stalking her.*

Ah...the chill of the winter air... I feel sooo cold... I want some warmth...
So why don't you take her then?
No...I can't. HE'd hate me if HE found out!
But he's not here, a little nip won't be bad
Nooo! You can't trick me! Get out of my head!
Oh dear, you still don't realize it don't you?

*The young woman's screams of terror where lost in the darkness when her assailant's left hand crushed her jaw and beastly fangs dug into her neck.*

You can't resist it... We are one and the same... Elesia..."

~0~0~0~

End of the Second Day
Kuuya/Fabre
Addict

Unread postby Kuuya/Fabre » March 7th, 2009, 2:34 am

INTERMISSION: Moon Watching

"Ahhh, I'm beat." I took my glasses off as I got ready to get into the large, outdoor hot springs adjacent to our home.

"Heh. Shiki you sound like an old man."

"Well, I was sore all day. So a dip in the hot springs is really what I needed right now." I slung the bath towel I'm holding over my shoulder.

"That little exercise we did this morning got you, huh?"

"Can't help it. Never got into a fight like that before, if I remember it right. Besides I've used my eyes too. That really puts a strain on me." I slowly slipped into the hot water.

"Never got that problem with my eyes..."

"That's kinda imp...."

"What's that Shiki? I didn't catch what you're saying..."

"Ryōgi-saaaaan!!!!"

~0~0~0~

"Hey Shiki. What's wrong? Is there something bothering you?" Ryōgi-san kept poking my back.

"Heeeeeey! Shikiiiiiii!" She's now hitting my back with her wet towel.

She stops... I sigh in relief. It sounds like she's getting out.

And then she suddenly drapes her arms over my shoulders. I can feel her breasts pressing against my back...

"Ryōgi-san????"

"What's wrong Shiki? We're both men here. You shouldn't get all riled up with my body..."

I could hear her breathing into my ear. Male personality or not, HE still has the body of a young woman.

I have to find a way to get out of this situation.

"You know how we Ryōgis use our other selves to hide our desires and those emotions we do not need. But guess what, Shiki. No matter how hard we try , we're only human right?" She started nibbling my ear.

"My my... I like the way smell... It's almost like the way he..."

I suddenly stood up, breaking her hold.

"You can't do this Ryōgi-san. You can't."

I clenched my teeth , my eyes shut tight.

"You can't 'coz you're thinking of someone else right now... "

The clouds parted and a beautiful moon shone through the night sky.

I can feel her turning around, as if she's trying to avoid looking at me.

"The moon looks so beautiful tonight."

"You're right..."

It was the voice of the other Ryōgi-san...
Kuuya/Fabre
Addict

Unread postby Peorth » March 15th, 2009, 6:46 pm

Subscribed.

That said, watch your typos a bit better, I noticed a couple here and there....nothing really to worry about...I just look out for that stuff more than I should sometimes. LOL
A battle has been fought, and is now over.
Place your sword upon the ground, and rest in the temporal peace.
After dozing in the warmth of a dream, a new day will begin.
The days keep passing by..
And we still chase the same star we once saw.
Peorth
Official Curry-butt lover

Unread postby Kuuya/Fabre » March 19th, 2009, 1:58 pm

~0~0~0~
Friday

Down A Lonely Path

~0~0~0~

"A vampire/murder incident? What are you talking about, Kirara-san?"

I was staring in surprise at the maid who brought the newspaper in while Shiki and I were having breakfast.

"Yes it was all over the news last night, but you were in the bath with Ryōgi-sama at around that time...and..uhun.." Kirara started turning red.

"Hey, how did you know Shiki was in the bath with me last night? Does everyone know? I mean, what's with the people of this house?" I sighed...

Shiki simply stared at a piece of bread. It seems that the one before me right now is the 'female' Shiki.

"Oh, you're looking for the jam. Here, wait. I'll open it for you."

Our hands touch as she reached for it.

"I'm sorry... About... last night." She seemed to be avoiding my eyes.

"It's nothing. It seems like, I'm not really the only one troubled by your other self..."

"..."

"I'm back!!! Ohh, what's this?"

"Dad? Uh, we're just having breakfast...Heheheh." I sheepishly laughed.

"Ah, well. That's good. Anyways, I need to speak to you about something." My dad's eyes squinted for a moment.

He started to turn away, but paused halfway through.

"Bring Ryōgi-san along. I think you'd need her help with this."

"What are you talking about?" A puzzled look came over my face.

"Hunting... Vampire hunting to be exact... We can't have your wedding if a vampire is roaming around the city."

"A vampire?" I said in disbelief. " A vampire you say? Come on dad. In this day and age..."

Memories of events that happened and didn't happen came flooding all too suddenly. Fighting to protect, fighting to kill, fighting to save someone, fighting to kill someone...

I fought with vampires before. I fought them with the help of Arcueid and Ciel-sempai. I fought a being of immeasurable power, with hundreds of beast within him. I fought an immortal being who went from one vessel to another and won.

My head was about to burst from all the things that came rushing in.

"So old man. Why ask that weakling for help. You know I'm better suited for this hunt."

"I can't trust you with this type of thing. You're a spider who sees everything as its prey."

Nanaya Shiki smiled, a cold hard smile. His left hand, MY left hand, reached out and gently stroke Kirara's cheek who was puzzled by the sudden change of my demeanor.

HE smiled that cold hard smile as Kirara backed away.

I felt a bread knife at HIS throat.

"Shut this crap. I'm having my breakfast here. And go back to where you came from, bastard." It seems that the appearance of my other personality called out the 'male' Shiki from Ryōgi-san.

"Ahhh, it seems that I have offended the prince of the Ryōgis. Don't worry, I just wanted to try some strawberry jam. Anyways, you need not fret. My presence here is not hurting your little boy-toy one bit."

And faster than I could even feel or see, my other self moved and had his own bread knife against Ryōgi-san's neck.

I could feel the intense exchange between their eyes as they stared at one another.

"Hai...Hai! This is suppose to be a happy breakfast between lovers. No fighting!" With that my dad stepped in between us. His hands moving so fast he disarmed both of us completely and easily.

"Come! Let the four of us have breakfast first. Business comes later!"

~.~.~.~.~

Haaa.. back again! Sorry for not being able to post. Some irl stuff that needed some attention came up. I'll post the character backgrounds later.
Kuuya/Fabre
Addict

Unread postby Kuuya/Fabre » March 19th, 2009, 2:31 pm

Character Backgrounds:
(Characters here were changed to fit the story. However, there are some things here that might piqued your interests so...Read on!)

Nanaya (Tohno) Shiki
insignia: Ω (Omega)
He Who Brings The Fated End

The protagonist of our tale. He awoke one day in a time and place that wasn't suppose to exist, remembered things that shouldn't and wouldn't have happened. From the clues given early on you may say that this is most likely be the Shiki from the Far-side route, Kohaku path. Well, maybe... I'll leave that to your imagination...

Ryōgi Shiki
insignia: (A) α (Alpha)
She Who Is At The Root

Drawn into a strange world quite different from hers, our protagonist's partner. Like Tohno, she has memories of the world they found themselves in and was the one who initially informed Tohno of their predicament. As the daughter of the esteemed Ryōgi clan, she found herself drawn to him for his apparent likeness to Kokutō Mikiya, a guy she "knows" from her world. In this story, her apparently missing male personality has returned and seems to like Tohno Shiki in a "guy who likes another guy" sort of way. I know its kinda weird, so bear with me. ^_^

Nanaya Kiri
Nanaya (Tohno) Shiki's dad. His attitude has somehow mellowed out and is now like any other old dad you see everywhere. He's become so obsessed of Having Shiki marry Ryōgi that he'd go into any length to make their relationship succeed (even if it means killing anyone who gets in their way! err... sorry about that outburst)

Kirara
The silver haired maid who woke Shiki up at the first morning. Not much scene involving her but she's important to the story. If you want to picture her in your mind, it's quite simple really. Think of Len at about Shiki's age, give her Kohaku's happy personality and maid uniform (she keeps her eyes always closed, fox like). (Note Inuyasha fans might note the name too... I won't say anything else though...YET)

I'll expand the character background/lists later...

Oh, before I forget. If I made fan art based on my fanfic, where should I post them? I'm nearly finished with a pic of Kirara but...
Kuuya/Fabre
Addict

Unread postby zweiterversuch » March 19th, 2009, 5:21 pm

NICE!

mmm? fanart?
I suppose you can post it here...( in this thread I mean)

or if you want you can do it here:

viewtopic.php?t=2157&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=post+art&start=0
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Peorth » March 19th, 2009, 6:31 pm

Kuuya/Fabre wrote:Kirara
The silver haired maid who woke Shiki up at the first morning. Not much scene involving her but she's important to the story. If you want to picture her in your mind, it's quite simple really. Think of Len at about Shiki's age, give her Kohaku's happy personality and maid uniform (she keeps her eyes always closed, fox like). (Note Inuyasha fans might note the name too... I won't say anything else though...YET)

I'll expand the character background/lists later...

Oh, before I forget. If I made fan art based on my fanfic, where should I post them? I'm nearly finished with a pic of Kirara but...

'Yet.'
If you make this a Type-Moon/Inuyasa crossover, I'll hurt you :<

I kid. Keep up the good work :D This chapter looked a lot better than your last.
A battle has been fought, and is now over.
Place your sword upon the ground, and rest in the temporal peace.
After dozing in the warmth of a dream, a new day will begin.
The days keep passing by..
And we still chase the same star we once saw.
Peorth
Official Curry-butt lover

Unread postby Kuuya/Fabre » March 21st, 2009, 8:42 am

~0~0~0~
Friday

Down A Lonely Path

Part 2
~0~0~0~

"Urrghh... I think that's the last of them. "

What we thought would be a simple 'hunt down and kill a vampire' thing turned out to be more than what we had expected. It didn't take long for the combined Nanaya/Ryōgi hunting squad to find the nest of the chief vampire, even though the combined squad was only made up of me,Ryōgi-san and, for some reason, Kirara.

It seems that the chief vampire made an old, abandoned factory as its home. Well, the factory may seem abandoned at first but it might have been the hangout of some gang since most of the Dead we encountered looked kinda like the ones you sometimes see harassing high school students around our neighborhood.

"Not much of a challenged. Sending small fry against us..." Shiki-san seems to be a bit miffed at the fact that these Dead weren't making much of a fight.

"It can't be helped, Shiki, these guys aren't really that high in the vampire hierarchy. More like the expendable footies." I casually laugh.

"Heh, but you were actually struggling back there for a moment, Shiki-kun," her rough way of speaking makes it look like I'm slowing her down or something.

"Anyways, I'm not sure if doing this would actually do something. I mean, we're just killing these guys right? When would we go find the master?" Kirara looks exasperated. Well, I wouldn't blame her. She was shaking when we arrived at the factory. Dad didn't give me any details but it seems that Kirara has the ability to sense emotions and the presence of anything within a certain distance. I kinda found this power intriguing since it really feels like its similar to my Clan's abilities. She claims, however, that she can't fight and is not a member of our family or even related to us.

"I fought these things before. Well, someone fought with me to fight them though. She said that if we keep on killing these Dead, the ones who made them would start to getting hungry and would eventually show themselves. Well, if I remember it like that..." I'm not really sure if this memory was really mine though.

"Well, it's starting to get boring here. Cutting up these dolls don't count as exercise at all..."Shiki suddenly gives me a look, smirks, then licks her lips.

"Heh..ehh...Ryōgi, er, Shiki you're starting to scare me here..."

"Oh? And why would I scare you?"

"Hahahah... you kinda remind me of my Ciel-sempai for some reason..."

"Tohno-kun?"

That voice. I know that voice.

"Sempai?" I turned around. A girl swathed in an old, worn-out coat stumbled out of a shadows and into my arms. Even with her long hair and disheveled hair I can still recognize this girl in my arms.

"Ciel-sempai! Sempai!"

"Shiki-sama. Get away from that girl." Kirara stared hard at me and sempai.

"What are you talking about Kirara-san. This is someone I know. She's a sempai from my scho.." Why would sempai be here, in an abandoned factory near the edge of the city?

"Tohno..kun... run..away..."

"What are you saying sem...urg..aghhhh." I could feel Ciel's fingers wrap around my throat like a vise. And with inhuman strength she slams me against a wall.

*Slam*

"Good evening. We meet again... Tohno Shiki!"

That voice!

"How do you like this reincarnation? She's not as rich as the ones before. And I did used her before. But like what they say. You should always recycle your trash! Hahahahahaahaaaaaa!"

"Damn you... Roa!"
Kuuya/Fabre
Addict

Next

Return to TYPE-MOON Fan Fiction