Fate Stay Portraits

Post any of your TYPE-MOON related stories, artwork, etc. This is a spoiler zone, so spoiler tags are NOT required as fan fiction is bound to be full of them. You have been warned.

Moderator: Staffers

Incognito
Posting more than n00bs

Fate Stay Portraits

Unread post by Incognito » December 7th, 2008, 10:32 am

Here's the sequel to my Zero thread.

The first batch.

I took some of the suggestions from the last thread into consideration, i rounded Saber's face a little.

Hope you guys like it.
Last edited by Incognito on December 7th, 2008, 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread post by Raitei » December 7th, 2008, 10:49 am

greato. :D
one recommendation for saber, though : try to make her face a bit slimmer and shorten her nose and lips a bit. (the lip's a bit too wide btw)

also, gil's face is a bit too long. :wink:
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence

xthr
Crack Addic!

Unread post by xthr » December 7th, 2008, 11:20 am

nice ones incog. I especially like Gil (the face is a BIT too long, but it captures his characteristics just fine) and lancer (looks GAReat!)

Kotomine tho, I think his expression is a bit... off for him :p. He was always quite stoic in the game, and i think his expression shows a bit too much emotion. You might want to increase the iris sizes for some of these portraits. It might help get closer to what you want to portray (altho, I don't usually take my own advice XD).

For saber, i think the head shape is fine. Just the iris could be bigger, and the mouth smaller. Probably another expression mismatch, as she is some what of a calm character.

Incognito
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by Incognito » December 12th, 2008, 4:01 am

xthr: sadly I've never been one to draw eyes that are too large, so i guess this is where my style and fate clash the most. That's actually archer, lancer is in this one.lol
You're completely right about Kotomine, i was probably thinking about the very few times he actually let out an angry face.

Raitei: I've actually made the mouth modifications in PS, you're right it does look a lot better.

Here's the second batch

I was going include riders chains, but i was already having trouble with her pose so i decided to wrap it up in the end.

Hope you guys like it.

nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!
Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread post by nanaya_shinya » December 12th, 2008, 6:04 am

RiderRiderRiderRiderRiderRiderRiderRiderRiderRiderRider!!

Btw, Kotomine looks like Nero Chaos. :lol:
!すでのな

xthr
Crack Addic!

Unread post by xthr » December 12th, 2008, 7:28 am

Incognito wrote:xthr: sadly I've never been one to draw eyes that are too large, so i guess this is where my style and fate clash the most. That's actually archer, lancer is in this one.lol
You're completely right about Kotomine, i was probably thinking about the very few times he actually let out an angry face.

Raitei: I've actually made the mouth modifications in PS, you're right it does look a lot better.

Here's the second batch

I was going include riders chains, but i was already having trouble with her pose so i decided to wrap it up in the end.

Hope you guys like it.
Lol I totally get ya man. I don't actually like making overtly large eyes very much in my own art, but in fanart, I generally go with the style of the thing I'm drawing. Anyways, I _love_ yer berserker. It really has the feel of him. Sorta like a insane gorilla lol. I also like rider's hand, it looks vey nice, perspective-wise. Anyways, do you use references when you draw? They look really nice, I personally can't really get extremely accurate anatomy without using some kind of reference (I can sometimes bs it tho :\).

Everything looks really meticulous. My sketches look like chicken scratch unless I ink it lol. :\

solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread post by solopy567 » December 14th, 2008, 1:18 pm

The style you drew it looks a lot like Ghost in the Shell.. Saber looks kind of..awkward

Incognito
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by Incognito » December 17th, 2008, 9:20 am

xthr wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Well every artist needs or should use reference, i tend to look at my left hand while drawing, move it around to get some of the angels. Anatomy wise, i use to practice it a lot in sketch books so i could get the hang of it. I find myself looking back into my older works to see how i drew certain areas of the body, usually the back, and sometimes the hips.

I'm also glad you guys like these, i have one more batch left.

Incognito
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by Incognito » December 23rd, 2008, 1:38 am

The last set of of fate portraits.

That's right Avenger without tattoos! because they would take way too long to draw.

Hope you guys enjoyed these.

VoidAvesta
Addict

Unread post by VoidAvesta » December 24th, 2008, 3:33 am

those pics have a awkward yet cool and personal style to them, Avenger's eyes aren't black tho.
Community Crucis member: Angra Mainyu
Beasts Lair member: Angra Maniyu :p
Melty Bread member: Kyokushi

Incognito
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by Incognito » December 24th, 2008, 4:31 am

VoidAvesta wrote:those pics have a awkward yet cool and personal style to them, Avenger's eyes aren't black tho.
I know about his eyes, ^_^ i tried to add something different to make him look just a little sinister.

I think i'll always have problems translating type moon characters with my style, but i'm glad you like them.

RandyFlynn
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by RandyFlynn » January 10th, 2009, 10:00 am

Incognito wrote:The last set of of fate portraits.

That's right Avenger without tattoos! because they would take way too long to draw.

Hope you guys enjoyed these.

Heck if I did! I just love the Spawn-ish feeling you gave to Assassin ^_^

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread post by zweiterversuch » January 10th, 2009, 10:07 am

those drawings are so freaking awesome!!!

I really liked that archer up there.

Really good!

Saber with her cape:

epic!

Berserker:

nice!!

caster:

magical lirical mystical!!!
(in other words: nice)
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!