(Probably)Saber[Art]

Post any of your TYPE-MOON related stories, artwork, etc. This is a spoiler zone, so spoiler tags are NOT required as fan fiction is bound to be full of them. You have been warned.

Moderator: Staffers

(Probably)Saber[Art]

Unread postby xthr » December 7th, 2008, 5:21 am

Well, you see, I decide I wanted to do another piece of fan art in a different style from what I've been doing lately. So I decided to draw saber in a more ..."realistic"... style. I... DID manage to do it. But uh the results... lol.

You guys tell me if this is win or fail :\

xthr
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Watashimo » December 7th, 2008, 5:26 am

Its much better than I could ever do, but she looks sorta manly ^^;;;
"Hah, I see, I see! Yeah, thats so much more important than who my master is! You're right, kid!" - Lancer
"Therefore, give me tea." - Okazaki Tomoya.
Watashimo
Crack Desu!

Unread postby xthr » December 7th, 2008, 5:31 am

Watashimo wrote:Its much better than I could ever do, but she looks sorta manly ^^;;;

XD yeah. That's why I put "probably?" in the title. I think it turned out okay, but as of whether she looks like saber... lol.

I guess I can always make the excuse that this is when she was still king, and is still grimy from battles and such. Maybe. :\
xthr
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » December 7th, 2008, 5:41 am

Well I have to say it's a bit masculine as well. It's not much of a fail if you ask me though, just something that doesn't suit my tastes. In any case te pic does look good, need some work though but good none the less.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Raitei » December 7th, 2008, 6:54 am

Watashimo wrote:Its much better than I could ever do, but she looks sorta manly ^^;;;
do you know what part makes that? the lip. and lower part of the face. :P
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby xthr » December 7th, 2008, 7:05 am

actually the eyes are a bit manly as well. However, since I used a real person as reference, it is to be expected that it doesn't seem quite as feminine as someone in anime :P

But yeah I agree, heavy shadows around the chin makes it look kinda masculine.
xthr
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » December 7th, 2008, 7:33 am

Oh my! What a beautiful man! :lol:
Nah, I'm just kidding! It looks good, though a bit masculine, as you have already stated. Considering she is from caucasian decent, perhaps the lips wouldn't be so full, you may want to make them less.... full.... I need a thesaurus... Another problem is that her neck seems quite wide, try making it thinner, perhaps that can do the trick to strip some of her "manliness". I am not sure, but it seems to me that her upper lip may also be posing some problem, more specific, the connection between the nose and the lip.... I think that region has a proper name but I just can't remember it! Anyway, it might be useful to move it back a bit. Weeell, those sugestions are all I can think of in a glance, and I really don't know if they could be of any use to you. Hope they are and they don't end up screwing the pic if you follow them :P
I liked the hair, what brush did you use? Those lines look kinda weird but seem to go with the pic just fine. It was in Painter, right?
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby xthr » December 7th, 2008, 7:39 am

Yeah I did this in painter mostly as a test for the program. It's like my 3rd time using it, and it feels very foriegn to me :\

All the brushes I used were in the artist's oils brushset.

Oh but I used photoshop afterward to overlay some colors, and those lines were also added in photoshop with a brush I "made" (read: copied from someone's painting XD).

Anyways, I don't really feel like fixing this too much. Maybe I'll change the lips a bit? but I want to paint more and more to get better, so I might just leave this as is for now
xthr
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Incognito » December 7th, 2008, 10:26 am

Even though its your third time in painter, you shear talent really shows. I have a hard time portraying characters when it comes to fan art sometimes, so i can't tell you much about the resemblance. apart from what everyone else stated, i think the neck ended up too wide.

I love it though, she looks pretty serious, like she's cleaning her hands while deep in thought.
Incognito
Posting more than n00bs

Return to TYPE-MOON Fan Fiction