Battle Moon Wars Shirogane

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » September 16th, 2008, 4:22 pm

The version b patch is probablly if you installed Act4 over Acts1-3. As for the other patch that's if you installed Act4 by itself I think. Unfortunatelly I'm not all that great with Japanese though.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby AlinSabel » September 16th, 2008, 10:02 pm

No.

Acts 2-4 are expansions on the previous acts. To play Act 4, you must have all three previous Acts installed. The only standalone act is Act 1.

Install the 25MB one first, and then the 3MB one on top of it.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby inferno_flamex » September 17th, 2008, 12:59 am

AlinSabel wrote:No.

Acts 2-4 are expansions on the previous acts. To play Act 4, you must have all three previous Acts installed. The only standalone act is Act 1.

Install the 25MB one first, and then the 3MB one on top of it.

Do i still have to get all the other versions of patches?
Or just 25MB + ver b would work just fine?

Anyway thanks Sabel.
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby AlinSabel » September 17th, 2008, 8:10 am

I believe that the recommended installation is to install Act 1, apply Act 1 patches, install Act 2, apply Act 2 patches, etc.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » September 17th, 2008, 1:55 pm

I remeber finding the Act 3 version somewhere without even installing it. Although I think there was a version that had Acts 1 & 2 combined. Although I'm still trying to find an instal disk for Act4.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby AlinSabel » September 17th, 2008, 11:44 pm

Yup.

Acts 1 and 2 were re-released as a package that would be installed together. All four acts were released by themselves, with that one being the only combination release.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » October 6th, 2008, 6:54 am

!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » October 14th, 2008, 9:41 am

apparently... Sacchin is available in Real route in the new game+
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby AlinSabel » October 14th, 2008, 9:44 am

Aye~ And apparently Saber Lily will be added sometime.

Pity about the now impossible battle masteries... seeing as you can't upgrade some characters before fights. -_-;;
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » October 14th, 2008, 9:47 am

WHAT?! They'll add Saber Lily?!!
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby AlinSabel » October 14th, 2008, 10:14 am

It's what I've heard. :)
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » October 14th, 2008, 1:41 pm

Well I know that Sacchin was in early in the Takumi route that's been like that since I thin halfway in Act3. Although I'm still having a tough time trying to find anything for Act4 still. Also, if they do add Saber Lilly then that would mean that there is going to be an Act5 then. I wonder how that would work. Although I get this feeling that Saber will have her alternate side just like how Rin and Arc has alternate sides.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Tash » October 14th, 2008, 4:29 pm

Aside from being slightly annoyed that the ending of Heaven's Feel was casually spoiled so early in the game, I've been enjoying this.

However, I'm terrible with building character stats with limited resources, and I don't really want to abuse the system for more stat points. Does anyone have any general tips on how to use points?
Tash
Addict

Unread postby AlinSabel » October 14th, 2008, 8:51 pm

I doubt there'll be an Act 5, what with Act 4 having a 'Thanks for Playing' message and letting you go back to the start. They added a whole bunch of stuff with their 30MB patch a week or so ago, so my guess is they'll release it like that. After all, there's still at least one stage in the data files that isn't used - it has Kohaku's broom in it, so I'm hoping for Magical Girl Amber. :)

Uh, general pointers... in the Super route, characters do tend to be more on the heavy hitting tank side, while the Real route revolves around characters that rely on their dodge skills. If you get what I mean. :P Lots of use of in-stage save/reload is useful, especially with the spirits that boost EXP/BP gain. IMHO, I think players were supposed to ignore BMs at the start, and just replay stages as many times as possible to get heaps of points from a single stage... and then replay with half of the earned points becoming available in the next new game. :)
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby metal_cocoabo » October 15th, 2008, 3:04 pm

Is this game translated? Being a fan of FFT, I kind of wanted to see how Type-MOON characters were compared power-wise. And also since I'm a completionist, so I want to play/read everything Type-MOON related.
metal_cocoabo
Crack Addic!

Unread postby nobaka » October 15th, 2008, 8:03 pm

Tash wrote:Aside from being slightly annoyed that the ending of Heaven's Feel was casually spoiled so early in the game, I've been enjoying this.

However, I'm terrible with building character stats with limited resources, and I don't really want to abuse the system for more stat points. Does anyone have any general tips on how to use points?

I share your sentiments on Heaven's Feel. :/

I never used points for stats. Not even once. To me, it just wasn't worth it. The skills are just so much better (yes, I'm looking at YOU, SP Regen) than the minute bonus 6 FP will garner.

In my opinion, once a character has at least ~105 Quick (with or w/out items, doesn't matter) I find that to be enough to dodge respectably. Akiha NEVER needs Tough, because if something CAN hurt her, it's most likely going to wipe her out in one shot. I also find ~3600/3700 a good base attack for any of my heavy hitters (Shirou, Ryogi, Saber, etc.).
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Utsuho » October 16th, 2008, 10:01 pm

Tash wrote:Aside from being slightly annoyed that the ending of Heaven's Feel was casually spoiled so early in the game,

Weeell, you have to remember that Japanese Fate fans never actually had to wait for HF, it was available to them from the day the game was released. So by the time BMW came out, pretty much everyone had finished HF already and the spoilers weren't considered very spoilery anymore.
Utsuho
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Tash » October 16th, 2008, 10:04 pm

Utsuho wrote:
Tash wrote:Aside from being slightly annoyed that the ending of Heaven's Feel was casually spoiled so early in the game,

Weeell, you have to remember that Japanese Fate fans never actually had to wait for HF, it was available to them from the day the game was released. So by the time BMW came out, pretty much everyone had finished HF already and the spoilers weren't considered very spoilery anymore.

I'm not faulting the writer, I'm just expressing personal annoyment.
Tash
Addict

Unread postby AlinSabel » October 16th, 2008, 11:21 pm

metal_cocoabo wrote:Is this game translated? Being a fan of FFT, I kind of wanted to see how Type-MOON characters were compared power-wise. And also since I'm a completionist, so I want to play/read everything Type-MOON related.

Check bmw.seiha.org for translation patch updates. The translator's still waiting for WERK to actually release a 'final' before working on it...
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » October 17th, 2008, 11:26 am

Final as in the "Final" patch? Battle Moon Wars won't be like Super Robot Wars without the "Final"... *waits patiently for the translation patch*
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

PreviousNext

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat