Type Moon new stuff

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Beowulf Lee » August 16th, 2007, 10:07 pm

I guess all the walking made you tired and slept through Helm's Deep.
Beowulf Lee
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Raw » August 17th, 2007, 2:15 am

Well, i didn't like Shingetusan Tsukihime at all. It was like, i don't know, a mutilation of the VN. I did enjoy Fate/Stay Night because i had not played the VN, so i didn't know what i was missing out. That changed when i played the VN, and went through 2 routes (Heaven's Feel haven't had its chance), i was dissapointed in only one simple thing. Interesting facts about the story that were left out and could have been included in a less than 5 minute scene on at least 4 episodes, so if they had made 26 episodes, well, i would have gotten a better grasp about it.

And another thing, some important characters didn't get enough development to make them interesting, like Sakura and Archer. I really didn't like Archer's character on the anime, only on the last berserker fight.
Raw
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Xavier » August 17th, 2007, 3:14 pm

Chronowraith wrote:well.... personally all i saw in the 2nd LOTR movie was a LOT of walking.... oh and a stone got thrown.... and uh.... a quick flash of elves walking..... and then it ended.... with more walking....

Wow, the LOTR movie was freaking epic. Read the book first and you'll see why its so wonderful.
Xavier
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raw » August 17th, 2007, 4:16 pm

I loved the LOTR movies, but i don't wanna read the books, i'm not into that kind of fantasies :)
Whispering Words of Unearthen Wisdom || Kill GOD as a Sacrifice to GOD || Death may Die || I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
Raw
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Chronowraith » August 17th, 2007, 5:39 pm

*sigh* i read the books about 10 years ago and enjoyed them (beyond the fact that they were a bit detail heavy). I however did not find the movies to be all that great at bringing out the full potential that was there.

my pointing out the horrendous amounts of walking in the second movie was simply to point out that it wasn't all about action and that the action portion of the movie was considerably less than the walking. Had they really wanted to concentrate the movie on the battles then they would have spent less time wandering through landscapes. As an experiment today I asked 3 co-workers what they remembered of the second LOTR movie. Want to guess what response i got from all 3 of them? walking. only after some prompting did they even remember a battle being in it.

anyways this whole conversation has gotten horribly off topic. For those of you who still have an issue with my view, well too bad, it's my opinion and it probably won't be changing any time soon, accept it.
Chronowraith
Addict

Unread postby Raw » August 17th, 2007, 6:31 pm

Haha, we weren't trying to change your opinion, we were just sharing ours. Don't get mad.
Whispering Words of Unearthen Wisdom || Kill GOD as a Sacrifice to GOD || Death may Die || I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
Raw
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Link_74 » August 17th, 2007, 10:13 pm

Wasn't Tsukihime 2 recently announced? i think it's on Moonlit World. Also there's going to be a series of Kara no Kyoukai movies.
Link_74
Might just like this board

Unread postby Raw » August 18th, 2007, 1:02 am

I believe Tsukihime 2 is just a rumor. The information on Moonlit World, as i know, is built around the information provided by a character guide, and the side story "Talk", which has been translated on Beast Lair.

Please correct me if i'm wrong.
Raw
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Beowulf Lee » August 18th, 2007, 4:41 am

Given that their all their games take place solely in isolated cities, it be interesting to have a story about something bigger and grander, probably involving those magus associations that his stories keep referring to.
Beowulf Lee
Crack Addic!

Unread postby iclim4 » August 18th, 2007, 4:58 am

yes pls tell Raw that he/she's wrong >.<... somebody?.. anyone?....

ahahaha man link_74 got my hopes up for a sec there.....
anyway Raw where did your get your sig?. its cute, would you mind sharing a bigger version?.

miszou wrote:I think more people like the anime then the game, because they just hate to read. so they're lucky with all random anime adaptions of stories, and it is not like the original gets worse out of it. (you just have to put up with people talking about a different story all the time and not knowing about the best parts of it xD) :3

yeah,those normies!.... haha just playing
yeah i agree about the visualization part, but as you can see in Beowulf's last post, they didnt do that well..
iclim4
Crack Addic!

Location: My Mommy told me not to give out personal information in the internet.

Unread postby Eriol-kun » August 19th, 2007, 10:13 pm

Link_74 wrote:Wasn't Tsukihime 2 recently announced? i think it's on Moonlit World. Also there's going to be a series of Kara no Kyoukai movies.

The Kara no Kyoukai part is fact, but the Tsukihime 2 is a rumor.

If you've played Kagetsu Tohya, or have it, try helping the class with the movie project for the festival. Then you'll see why.
Eriol-kun
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Beowulf Lee » August 20th, 2007, 5:57 pm

Beowulf Lee
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Ryuusoul » August 20th, 2007, 9:53 pm

Late Summer's Greetings
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby iclim4 » August 21st, 2007, 12:15 am

whats that? a teaser of some sort?
iclim4
Crack Addic!

Location: My Mommy told me not to give out personal information in the internet.

Unread postby Beowulf Lee » August 21st, 2007, 1:30 am

I believe it's one of those things that artists do for a holiday of some sort.
Beowulf Lee
Crack Addic!

Unread postby PrimarchBentley » August 21st, 2007, 9:22 pm

The more I look, the more I think Illyasviel and Irisviel. Consider... a moment of peace at Emiya Kiritsugu's house in Fuyuki City, at the start of the Fourth Grail War...
W.W.N.D. - What Would Nasu Do?
PrimarchBentley
Might just like this board

Unread postby james-skarz » August 28th, 2007, 7:59 am

Umm...From a picture I saw of the Tsukihime anime it didn't look like they kept to the original artwork...but I've never actually watched the Tsukihime anime.
james-skarz
Addict

Unread postby Ryuusoul » August 29th, 2007, 9:14 am

Heh... james-skarz-, I always use that avatar on the Beast's Lair forums, so when I saw it here, I got confused and thought your post was mine... I was like... "I don't remember writing that..."
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby Eriol-kun » August 31st, 2007, 2:35 am

lol yeah I've seen a couple of Ryuusoul's posts at BL, and I keep thinking the same thing.

Anyways, james-skarz, no, they didn't really "keep the artwork". I guess they just wanted a different look. Most of the fans didn't really like it though.

I'm one of them actually. I think the only one that was well... okay, was Akiha. (imouto can't be bad though, ever.) But the one that devastated me the most was obviously Ciel.
Eriol-kun
Crack Addic!

Unread postby iclim4 » August 31st, 2007, 2:52 am

Ciel?.. i found Arihiko to have had the worst transition.
he looked so tame in the anime version.
iclim4
Crack Addic!

PreviousNext

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat