Type Moon new stuff

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Type Moon new stuff

Unread postby Beowulf Lee » August 13th, 2007, 9:35 pm

What's Type Moon working on right now? I'm hoping they're not just on hiatus and rolling in (though their well deserved) dough.
User avatar
Beowulf Lee
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 197
Joined: May 7th, 2007, 2:02 am

Re: Type Moon new stuff

Unread postby iclim4 » August 14th, 2007, 12:54 am

Beowulf Lee wrote:What's Type Moon working on right now? I'm hoping they're not just on hiatus and rolling in (though their well deserved) dough.

Curious as well.. im hoping for a tsukihime remake on the kiri kiri engine with that route that didnt make the cut last time.
though that would still be rolling in their well deserve dough though.. ^^
User avatar
iclim4
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 173
Joined: June 16th, 2007, 7:51 pm
Location: My Mommy told me not to give out personal information in the internet.

Unread postby Beowulf Lee » August 14th, 2007, 1:17 am

Actually, what I'd like is a new story, but with heavier references back to both Tsukihime and FSN. I'd love to see Aoko as a prominent character. I really don't want to see any remakes as of now.
User avatar
Beowulf Lee
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 197
Joined: May 7th, 2007, 2:02 am

Unread postby iclim4 » August 14th, 2007, 1:56 am

i know i know.. its just that kiri kiri is soo pretty compared to onscripter that i keep on wondering what tsukihime would look like with fate visuals.
of course a new story would be more awesome..
now that you mention references, if memory serves, tsuki and fate talk about four sorcerers, i just noticed.
User avatar
iclim4
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 173
Joined: June 16th, 2007, 7:51 pm
Location: My Mommy told me not to give out personal information in the internet.

Unread postby Beowulf Lee » August 14th, 2007, 2:11 am

Looking at that other thread and Moonlit World's history section, it seems that Nasu (Type Moon's writer) is writing novels now (titled DDD). Sigh, I guess it's going to be a while before a new visual novel.
User avatar
Beowulf Lee
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 197
Joined: May 7th, 2007, 2:02 am

Unread postby iclim4 » August 14th, 2007, 2:43 am

Beowulf Lee wrote:Looking at that other thread and Moonlit World's history section, it seems that Nasu (Type Moon's writer) is writing novels now (titled DDD). Sigh, I guess it's going to be a while before a new visual novel.

*sniff*... *sniff*..... how big is type-moon anyway?. just 2 people?
anyway i hope they turn karanokyoukai to a visual novel
http://www.karanokyoukai.com/ looks nice..
User avatar
iclim4
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 173
Joined: June 16th, 2007, 7:51 pm
Location: My Mommy told me not to give out personal information in the internet.

Unread postby Beowulf Lee » August 14th, 2007, 3:36 am

Kara no Kyoukai was written before Tsukihime strictly as a novel. It would be pretty cool if they referenced it somehow in later games, but I don't want it itself to be a visual novel.
User avatar
Beowulf Lee
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 197
Joined: May 7th, 2007, 2:02 am

Unread postby miszou » August 14th, 2007, 9:28 am

As longs as the chara's are twisted and tormented right? :P

Maybe they'll make something based on KnK, but I doubt they'd make a VN out of it, especially now the anime is coming.
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
User avatar
miszou
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 319
Joined: February 14th, 2007, 5:38 am
Location: The Netherlands

Unread postby iclim4 » August 15th, 2007, 12:20 am

an anime?! im a bit skeptical though, after watching tsukihime..
but since Knk is more linear compared to a VN i hope they can pull it off..
BTW what anime company is making it?.
User avatar
iclim4
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 173
Joined: June 16th, 2007, 7:51 pm
Location: My Mommy told me not to give out personal information in the internet.

Unread postby Eriol-kun » August 15th, 2007, 2:16 am

Dunno the specifics, but I read somewhere that it's a joint between TYPE-MOON and ufotable.
User avatar
Eriol-kun
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 186
Joined: February 20th, 2007, 5:46 am

Unread postby iclim4 » August 15th, 2007, 3:14 am

alright thanks, but is the fate/stay night anime also a joint project of type-moon and geneon,
or did geneon make the anime without type-moons help(supervision)
i also read that nasu is supervising the story mode of fate/ tiger colosseum.
man their busy.
User avatar
iclim4
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 173
Joined: June 16th, 2007, 7:51 pm
Location: My Mommy told me not to give out personal information in the internet.

Unread postby Beowulf Lee » August 15th, 2007, 2:55 pm

I doubt Nasu had any say in it since it sucked balls (well, the first half was pretty good at least). I looked over the credits and his name appears only under "Original Concept".
User avatar
Beowulf Lee
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 197
Joined: May 7th, 2007, 2:02 am

Unread postby Shikiller » August 15th, 2007, 11:13 pm

The FSN anime was supervised by Type-moon,yes.Nasu added the Dragon scene,and that scene is in Realta Nua as well.But being supervised didn't stop geneon to srew up some things.Like the Sakura costume.How the anime sucked balls?it follows the Fate storyline almost without changes,the character acts like them.A few changes don't make it suck.
Shikiller
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 288
Joined: April 13th, 2007, 1:58 pm
Location: Argentina

Unread postby miszou » August 16th, 2007, 1:09 am

Shikiller wrote:How the anime sucked balls?it follows the Fate storyline almost without changes,the character acts like them.A few changes don't make it suck.


I think you overlook the problem that the original was in novel form, and the anime is in motion picture form. By making no alterations, you just have the same story, but that doesn't make it a good animation. The key is to give that extra to make the animation stand on its own as something special apart form the written content. Otherwise it doesn't really feel worthy of changing to a new medium, except for a few quick earned buck :3

Of course I'm not saying that about fate, just saying that following the original in most cases never leads to something wonderful, simply because it can not outshine the original in that manner and because the media are different, so you need changes to make use of that new medium. I haven't seen the fate anime very far, since I was afraid of spoilers for the game :3 So again, I'm just pointing out that your argument does not always stand ^^

A great Japanese cinematography director once said, when making a motion picture, the result should show something that can only be shown on that medium, or else it is not worth the effort :3 (of course this kinda extreme, but in a way I think he is right ^^)
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
User avatar
miszou
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 319
Joined: February 14th, 2007, 5:38 am
Location: The Netherlands

Unread postby iclim4 » August 16th, 2007, 2:42 am

ahhhh, the dragon scene.....
Shiro: Wow, Saber that was a big dragon.
Saber: wasn't that dragon yours? O.O
i admit there were times where the Anime shined
the scene where Shiro and Rin jumped off the stairs was classic! and their chibi facial expressions were perfect!
plus Sabers ending scene was so much more beautiful in the anime compared to the novel

but still for a story that had so much potential, it came out rather short, also felt a bit rushed.. anyway, the animation not fullfilling its
potential is what got me here ^^..

@miszou, i dont really believe that they should change much when they animate it( only if the creator has nothing to do with it, if the creator is the one making the changes, feel free).. cause any changes would be fillers which doesnt really affect the main plot. anyway i guess what im trying to convey is, people cant just add random stuff to other people's masterpiece. i think its just wrong.
Fate/zero for instance, to me is not a prequel but a fan fiction by a well-known writer..
plus i dont really care if the anime cant outshine the original, i just wanted the anime to atleast do it justice.
and there have been instances where the anime counterpart became better than its original, Kimi ga nozomu for example, came from a Visual novel yet the anime is very good. Full moon wo Sagashite, came from a manga but the anime outshined it. i just hope ufotable is good at what they do..

"when making a motion picture, the result should show something that can only be shown on that medium, or else it is not worth the effort :3"
you know voices , movement and sound effects cant be shown through manga or VN(well a bit on VN but not to the degree of animation)

Edit: @Shikiller, cutting off a bunch off stuff does makes it suck though..
User avatar
iclim4
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 173
Joined: June 16th, 2007, 7:51 pm
Location: My Mommy told me not to give out personal information in the internet.

Unread postby Ryuusoul » August 16th, 2007, 8:26 am

Shikiller wrote:The FSN anime was supervised by Type-moon,yes.Nasu added the Dragon scene,and that scene is in Realta Nua as well.But being supervised didn't stop geneon to srew up some things.Like the Sakura costume.How the anime sucked balls?it follows the Fate storyline almost without changes,the character acts like them.A few changes don't make it suck.


People hated Tsukihime because it was nothing like the game. People hated F/SN because it was almost exactly like the game.

There's just no pleasing people, it seems.
User avatar
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy
 
Posts: 318
Joined: September 5th, 2004, 3:05 am

Unread postby iclim4 » August 16th, 2007, 9:07 am

Ryuusoul wrote:
Shikiller wrote:The FSN anime was supervised by Type-moon,yes.Nasu added the Dragon scene,and that scene is in Realta Nua as well.But being supervised didn't stop geneon to srew up some things.Like the Sakura costume.How the anime sucked balls?it follows the Fate storyline almost without changes,the character acts like them.A few changes don't make it suck.


People hated Tsukihime because it was nothing like the game. People hated F/SN because it was almost exactly like the game.

There's just no pleasing people, it seems.

is this directed at me?.
if so let me explain, fate felt rushed and skipped a lot of info, it was still good, above average actually, but wasnt as great as the game, or even close to it.i didnt really hate it, i liked it, fate is the reason i was able to find this site, because i liked it enough to actually research about it on the internet.the anime just felt it had so much potential at the beginning, and seeing it not deliver is really disappointing. anyway i watched the anime first before playing the game so i would think other people who played the game first would have harsher opinions..
tsukihime on the other hand i played the game first.
while playing the game i kept picturing in my head on what theyd look like animated, how funny they would be...
i really wanted to see the duct tape scene animated the one where acrueid falls on the floor and Shiki wanted to help her..
i really liked that scene.. anyway i had really high hopes in the tsukihime anime but to me it was mediocre..
the 12 episodes felt so long, not in a good way. the fight scenes sucked.. i wanted to see giant crabs... or atleast the unicorn..
and the scenes where acrueid disappers when she dies, that doesnt happen and the ending also sucked ='(

yeah i pretty much hated the tsukihime anime after having really high hopes because of the game..
User avatar
iclim4
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 173
Joined: June 16th, 2007, 7:51 pm
Location: My Mommy told me not to give out personal information in the internet.

Unread postby miszou » August 16th, 2007, 9:45 am

iclim4 wrote:
@miszou, i dont really believe that they should change much when they animate it( only if the creator has nothing to do with it, if the creator is the one making the changes, feel free).. cause any changes would be fillers which doesnt really affect the main plot. anyway i guess what im trying to convey is, people cant just add random stuff to other people's masterpiece. i think its just wrong.


I never meant it to add useless crap (fillers) to the motion picture :3 Just make it so that it has a use on the screen. For example. most people have seen ringu (The ring). Sadako comes out of the tv screen right? Its all added just for the motion picture, because otherwise there would not be enough visualization and the movie might not be a good thriller/horror. I think story wise the novel was so much better (and makes more sense),but still the movies shows good because they added a few visual elements that could only have effect on the big screen (and it did :3). Not saying FSN should have something like that, just saying that it is not always easy to make something look alive on the screen that was written for novel form. You need good screenplay for animation, not just someone who directly copies the original without thinking about the impact on the screen. Story wise it usually doesn't get better, but the animation might make an impression of its own, plus you don't need to butcher a story to make it shine on a different medium.

Again, this is just in theory and I'm not talking about FSN :3 I also believe it is wrong to just changes peoples works, but it is also wrong to not make the medium transfer worth. Otherwise the only reason is scoring money and that usually doesn;t benefit the quality :3 And since most writers sold out anyway, its hard to complain about the butchering of the stories :( But everyone has its favorite of course, I think more people like the anime then the game, because they just hate to read. so they're lucky with all random anime adaptions of stories, and it is not like the original gets worse out of it. (you just have to put up with people talking about a different story all the time and not knowing about the best parts of it xD) :3
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
User avatar
miszou
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 319
Joined: February 14th, 2007, 5:38 am
Location: The Netherlands

Unread postby Beowulf Lee » August 16th, 2007, 8:08 pm

Shikiller wrote:The FSN anime was supervised by Type-moon,yes.Nasu added the Dragon scene,and that scene is in Realta Nua as well.But being supervised didn't stop geneon to srew up some things.Like the Sakura costume.How the anime sucked balls?it follows the Fate storyline almost without changes,the character acts like them.A few changes don't make it suck.


Let me explain why the anime sucked. Take note that this is just from what I remember.

Let's start with the climax of the story: when Saber relinquishes her fool's quest to change the past. A deep literary theme like this is quiet refreshing actually, rarely do I see something like this in anime. It's such a damn shame that they did it all wrong. In the game, when Gilgamesh has Shirou pinned down , Saber finally takes to heart what Shirou has been trying to get her to realize and annuls her chance to get the Holy Grail by choosing to save Shirou over it. It was a little while later then that Kotomine reveals that the Holy Grail is actually an evil object. This sequence of events is key because it underscores the importance of letting go of the past in Saber's reasoning in giving up on the Holy Grail. In the anime, however, Saber gives up on the Holy Grail RIGHT AFTER she discovers it was evil. This line of events shows that the only reason Saber gave up was because the Holy Grail didn't live up the expectations, saying nothing about theme of the coming realization of the stupidity of dwelling in the past.

Next is the parts where they spliced in from other the other routes. Most notably, the "grand" realization that Sakura was Rin's sister. I don't have much to say about it since I don't remember much from this random realization except thinking: "Wow, what does this have to do with anything?" Up to this point in the anime, Sakura had been nothing but a big breasted cook for Shirou, building up absolutely no character. The only thing I could've said about her was that the anime provided the lamest excuse to have this hot girl come and cook for the main character everyday. Then BAM! The story suddenly focuses on Sakura's deep emotional bonds with Rin. What the hell?


I don't feel like typing anymore so I'll just conclude with this picture:



Look at his expression. I think it explains itself.

In response to if one should change the original contents when translating to a different medium, I think the Lord of the Rings movies provides the best example. Tolkein's books excelled in providing the reader with minute details about Middle Earth, making it seem as real as the real world. He wasn't interested in battles at all. The Battle at Helm's Deep was only two pages long... But the movies were the opposite. Sure they had quite possibly the best visual designs ever, but it was mostly a grand moderately to fast paced adventure of a band of different races united against evil with lots of action. When the first movie came out, I really didn't hear any fans of the original Tolkein works complaining.

So in conclusion, it all depends. Work with what works, there's no magic formula.
User avatar
Beowulf Lee
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 197
Joined: May 7th, 2007, 2:02 am

Unread postby Chronowraith » August 16th, 2007, 8:53 pm

well.... personally all i saw in the 2nd LOTR movie was a LOT of walking.... oh and a stone got thrown.... and uh.... a quick flash of elves walking..... and then it ended.... with more walking....
User avatar
Chronowraith
Addict
 
Posts: 89
Joined: April 20th, 2007, 4:42 am
Location: RPI

Next

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest