Lotsa questions.. any help would be greatly appreciated. ^^

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Lotsa questions.. any help would be greatly appreciated. ^^

Unread postby iclim4 » August 1st, 2007, 5:46 am

HI! good am,good pm, good afternoon, good evening,good day,good night,good bye..

haha anyway

1. tsukihime is really good, but is kagetsu tohya and meltyblood also good story wise?. cause im really looking forward to playing those games
and im really curious if their as good as tsukihime.. lets say tsukihime is an 8, can you guys give me a general impression on how well the sequels would rank up?. oh and if its not too much how about Fate/Stay night to FHA comparison too?.

2. umm this might be a bit rude to the translator of kagetsu tohya, so apologies, but is their translating work as good as Revolve's and Mirrormoon's, cause i find Revolve's and Mirrormoon's translation amazing.

3. about fate/zero, is it also a digital novel like fate/stay?
and i remember saber saying something like kiritsugi only speaking with her like 1 to 3 times the whole time they were cooperating, so isnt that kinda weird if your playing through the eyes of kiritsugi
anyway i read that Type-moon has little or no involvement in this project is that true? does that mean its not even nasu's work?

well thats about it.. anyway to anyone reading this, you dont need to answer all the questions, just answering 1 would be great enough.. thanks ^^
iclim4
Crack Addic!

Location: My Mommy told me not to give out personal information in the internet.

Re: Lotsa questions.. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unread postby Blue Gunner » August 1st, 2007, 6:37 am

iclim4 wrote:HI! good am,good pm, good afternoon, good evening,good day,good night,good bye..

haha anyway

1. tsukihime is really good, but is kagetsu tohya and meltyblood also good story wise?. cause im really looking forward to playing those games
and im really curious if their as good as tsukihime.. lets say tsukihime is an 8, can you guys give me a general impression on how well the sequels would rank up?. oh and if its not too much how about Fate/Stay night to FHA comparison too?.

2. umm this might be a bit rude to the translator of kagetsu tohya, so apologies, but is their translating work as good as Revolve's and Mirrormoon's, cause i find Revolve's and Mirrormoon's translation amazing.

3. about fate/zero, is it also a digital novel like fate/stay?
and i remember saber saying something like kiritsugi only speaking with her like 1 to 3 times the whole time they were cooperating, so isnt that kinda weird if your playing through the eyes of kiritsugi
anyway i read that Type-moon has little or no involvement in this project is that true? does that mean its not even nasu's work?

well thats about it.. anyway to anyone reading this, you dont need to answer all the questions, just answering 1 would be great enough.. thanks ^^

1. Depends on how you look at it. KT is more fun and games, plus tying up loose ends, although there is a story in it too. It isn't quite as dark as Tsukihime was though. Melty Blood is a fighting game. The story is cool, with a few interesting new characters popping up. FSN and FHA are kinda like Tsukihime and KT, FHA has more gags and things in it, and is more of a fun thing rather than a serious story, although there is a serious storyline running through it. As to how they rank up, well that's all personal taste. They're all fantastic games to the right people, and chances are that if you liked Tsukihime you'll like it's sequels, and if you liked FSN you'll like FHA.

2. Once again, up to personal taste. Translating is a tough job at the best of times, and I think you'll find that the guys have done an excellent job with KT.

3. F/Z is a novel. Not a visual novel, a normal novel. So, no routes, no choices, just a normal book. IIRC it's true that TYPE MOON has little involvement, but it is written by Nasu. I may be wrong on that point.

Hope that helps.
Improve your vocab and feed people in need: http://www.freerice.com
Blue Gunner
Addict

Unread postby iclim4 » August 1st, 2007, 6:56 am

1. guess my excitement for this games will be justified then.. yay ^^

2. so they did an excellent job?. yay.. i liked Revolves and Mirrormoon's work cause they look professional, i meant like almost no grammar and spelling mistakes , excellent choice of words and adjectives, etc

3. a novel... *sniff* that means its not gonna be translated by Revolve and Mirrormoon then... i think i just died a little inside...

well thanks Blue Gunner! ^^

p.s. can i have anyone elses opinion?. Thanks ^^
iclim4
Crack Addic!

Location: My Mommy told me not to give out personal information in the internet.

Unread postby Blue Gunner » August 1st, 2007, 7:55 am

iclim4 wrote: a novel... *sniff* that means its not gonna be translated by Revolve and Mirrormoon then... i think i just died a little inside...

Who knows. They did part of Kara no Kyoukai. Here's something you might find interesting though.

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index ... =Fate/Zero
Blue Gunner
Addict

Unread postby Kanzar » August 1st, 2007, 7:57 am

For the novel, there *is* a group that has it listed in their projects list and the last updates to the 'in-progress' chapters were about 5 or so days ago.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post who they are, but I guess I'm allowed to mention them since they're a novel translation group... even if they are helping in the translation for the Clannad Visual Novel. :) They're also the same group who is translating the Suzumiya Haruhi novels, which should be enough clues. :O

EDIT: ninja'd by blue gunner
Kanzar
Crack Addic!

Unread postby iclim4 » August 1st, 2007, 8:12 am

'Fate/Zero is a prequel to TYPE-MOON's visual novel Fate/stay night. It is a novel with illustrations by Takashi Takeuchi, and is a collaboration between TYPE-MOON and fellow developer Nitroplus. "
"Type-Moon was founded by artist Takashi Takeuchi and writer Kinoko Nasu"
so what happened to Kinoko Nasu?. is Takashi flying solo now?.

beast lair?. Baka-Tsuki?. correct me if im wrong but arent they the same group that translated kagetsu tohya?.
and are those novels being sold?.
iclim4
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Blue Gunner » August 1st, 2007, 8:20 am

iclim4 wrote:'Fate/Zero is a prequel to TYPE-MOON's visual novel Fate/stay night. It is a novel with illustrations by Takashi Takeuchi, and is a collaboration between TYPE-MOON and fellow developer Nitroplus. "
"Type-Moon was founded by artist Takashi Takeuchi and writer Kinoko Nasu"
so what happened to Kinoko Nasu?. is Takashi flying solo now?.

beast lair?. Baka-Tsuki?. correct me if im wrong but arent they the same group that translated kagetsu tohya?.
and are those novels being sold?.

I dont think Takeuchi is on his own, no announcements from TYPE MOON have saying that the mushroom has quit so considering it's a "collaboration between TYPE-MOON and fellow developer Nitroplus" and Nasu is still part of TYPE MOON and Fate being his creation, I think it's safe to assume that he has at least some, small hand in it. Somewhere.

Beast's Lair is a forum, not too much unlike this one, that has discussions on TYPE MOON games, translations, doujin arrangements and the kitchen sink. Don't expect spoiler warnings like here though, the guys over there have pretty much dissected almost all aspects of every game. And the group that translated KT discussed it on BL, and are members of the board. The board itself and it's mods had very little to do with the game, if I'm not mistaken.

Baka-tsuki is a site hosting novel translation projects. That is all.

EDIT: ninja'd by blue gunner

You know, that's the first time I've ever done that. It's a strange feeling.
Blue Gunner
Addict

Unread postby iclim4 » August 1st, 2007, 8:37 am

Blue Gunner wrote:Beast's Lair is a forum, not too much unlike this one, that has discussions on TYPE MOON games, translations, doujin arrangements and the kitchen sink. Don't expect spoiler warnings like here though, the guys over there have pretty much dissected almost all aspects of every game. And the group that translated KT discussed it on BL, and are members of the board. The board itself and it's mods had very little to do with the game, if I'm not mistaken.

ah i get it thanks.
itll still be awhile before i look into fate/zero im still waiting for UBW route and i just finish arc's route so im still a long ways off..
btw is kagetsu and melty blood as long as tsukihime?.
and is FHA as long as F/SN?.
i find tsukihimes routes way way shorter compared to F/SN's..
it felt like arc's route was like 1/4 as long as sabers, cant really tell though cause tsukihime doesnt keep time like FSN.
iclim4
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kanzar » August 1st, 2007, 8:37 am

The only reason you may have thought Beast's Lair and Baka-Tsuki connected is because people from BL are also working on the Fate/Zero translation which is being hosted at B-T. :) They are separate groups...
Kanzar
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Blue Gunner » August 1st, 2007, 8:54 am

iclim4 wrote:ah i get it thanks.
itll still be awhile before i look into fate/zero im still waiting for UBW route and i just finish arc's route so im still a long ways off..
btw is kagetsu and melty blood as long as tsukihime?.
and is FHA as long as F/SN?.
i find tsukihimes routes way way shorter compared to F/SN's..
it felt like arc's route was like 1/4 as long as sabers, cant really tell though cause tsukihime doesnt keep time like FSN.

Kagetsu, I don't remember. I think it was shorter? It has loads of side stories though. I think the main story was shorter, seeing as there aren't five routes to pick from, but the side stories, when put together with the main story make a longer game. I think. Melty Blood is a fighting game, like I said before. Therefore it isn't that in depth on the story side, and going through the whole story shouldn't take all that long. Especially when compared to Tsukihime. FHA can be long or short, depending on how you do it. Like Kagetsu Tohya, there are loads of side stories, but some of them you have to do in order to progress. It's pretty long though. And Fate routes are much longer than Tsukihime ones.
Blue Gunner
Addict

Unread postby iclim4 » August 1st, 2007, 9:01 am

Blue Gunner wrote:Kagetsu, I don't remember. I think it was shorter? It has loads of side stories though. I think the main story was shorter, seeing as there aren't five routes to pick from, but the side stories, when put together with the main story make a longer game. I think. Melty Blood is a fighting game, like I said before. Therefore it isn't that in depth on the story side, and going through the whole story shouldn't take all that long. Especially when compared to Tsukihime. FHA can be long or short, depending on how you do it. Like Kagetsu Tohya, there are loads of side stories, but some of them you have to do in order to progress. It's pretty long though. And Fate routes are much longer than Tsukihime ones.

alright.. thank you! ^^
iclim4
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Pierrot » August 3rd, 2007, 11:24 am

Fate/Zero is written by Urobuchi Gen, who wrote the scripts for Nitroplus games like Phantom of Inferno, Vjedogonia, Kikokugai, Demonbane, and most recently he's made a comeback with Satsuriku no Jango.

While we're on the subject, I thought it was a stroke of genious for him to cast the Caster for Fate/Zero as Gilles de Rais. Not Dracula, not Elizabeth Bathory, it had to be the creepy child molesting dude.

-----------------The body is a sword.
The blood is iron, the heart of glass.
Over countless battlefields undefeated.
Never once to flee,
And never once to be understood.
Atop the hill of swords she drinks the dregs of victory in her solitude.

Therefore her lifetime held no meaning,
and I’m sure her body was a sword.
Pierrot
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Ryuusoul » August 3rd, 2007, 6:51 pm

Yeah, I don't recall exactly what was written in the afterword of Fate/zero volume 1, but Urobuchi Gen was eating lunch (or doing something, I forget exactly) with Nasu and one of them said something along the lines that it would be great to have the previous Grail War completely written. Urobuchi Gen just ran with this idea and it became the masterpiece you see today. He is writing it with Nasu's approval.

We all know it isn't going to end well... Urobuchi said that he was really only good at writing tragedies and that his goal was to make the reader spellbound to read all 4 volumes... and after reading and subsequently tearing up the last volume, hurry and go play Fate/stay night for the happy end...
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat