Kara no Kyokai movie

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby marus » December 2nd, 2007, 1:24 am

My guess:
Ryougi is in general more proficient at fighting; consider that Tsukihime was the first time Shiki touched a weapon since he was a kid - most of his skill is dormant from his childhood training. But that's just a guess, and neither of them are normal so its hard to measure without intervention from Nasu.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby serialies » December 2nd, 2007, 3:16 am

well from what i know...

(btw this is from reading a bunch of other sites/ect...but they did have good arguments/sources n alot of people agreed so... *shrug shoulders*)

SHIKI/ROA: sees the "life" of things.
Nanaya Shiki/ Tohno Shiki: sees the "death/concept" of things.
Ryogi Shiki: sees the "origin" of things.

DIFFERENCE: we'll use Fujyo Kirie, if Tohno Shiki stabbed the ghost Fujyo-> ghost dead but "Fujyo" alive, as (in theory) he would only kill the concept of the ghost

When Ryogi Shiki stabs ghost -> Ghost dead -> death runs back to origin -> origin is "Fujyo" -> Fujyo dead

+ apparantly there is some kind of "gr8ter power" or "source of power" which is linked to both Tohno Shiki's and Ryogi Shiki's Eyes, but Ryogi is perfectly in sync with this power (and why she doesnt get headaches, but at first her eyes were nearly overwhelmed when she woke up) and Tohno can only utilise a small fraction of this power (why he gets headaches n stuff). Ryogi herself is unaware of her full potential...supposedly if all her power was realised she would probably be stronger than Arucried...

yah...but im not all to clear on it myself actually :o

EDIT: k heres a small update...these are direct quotes (anything in brackets is something i wrote)

"She's synched with the Akasha, the tree of origin, so it gives her unheard of hax."

"She can rewrite reality, make new ones, create miracles, give eyes/sight to the blind, kill languages(i know this is something she can do cuz people were like "OMFG SHE KILLED OUR LANGUA-"), etc."

"Like Haruhi with a knife."

"She can destroy anything with a creation. If it came into existence she can destroy it."

"All and more of (Tohno) Shiki's abilities, none of his penalties."

"all of her powers come down to some goofy explaination that shes in contact with god and stuff lol"

(oh yeah and there something bout some kinda "gland"...*shrug*)
I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member. Man, I don't know how I get away with it.
serialies
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Einherjar » December 2nd, 2007, 3:44 am

serialies wrote:well from what i know...

(btw this is from reading a bunch of other sites/ect...but they did have good arguments/sources n alot of people agreed so... *shrug shoulders*)

SHIKI/ROA: sees the "life" of things.
Nanaya Shiki/ Tohno Shiki: sees the "death/concept" of things.
Ryogi Shiki: sees the "origin" of things.

DIFFERENCE: we'll use Fujyo Kirie, if Tohno Shiki stabbed the ghost Fujyo-> ghost dead but "Fujyo" alive, as (in theory) he would only kill the concept of the ghost

When Ryogi Shiki stabs ghost -> Ghost dead -> death runs back to origin -> origin is "Fujyo" -> Fujyo dead

+ apparantly there is some kind of "gr8ter power" or "source of power" which is linked to both Tohno Shiki's and Ryogi Shiki's Eyes, but Ryogi is perfectly in sync with this power (and why she doesnt get headaches, but at first her eyes were nearly overwhelmed when she woke up) and Tohno can only utilise a small fraction of this power (why he gets headaches n stuff). Ryogi herself is unaware of her full potential...supposedly if all her power was realised she would probably be stronger than Arucried...

yah...but im not all to clear on it myself actually :o

EDIT: k heres a small update...these are direct quotes (anything in brackets is something i wrote)

"She's synched with the Akasha, the tree of origin, so it gives her unheard of hax."

"She can rewrite reality, make new ones, create miracles, give eyes/sight to the blind, kill languages(i know this is something she can do cuz people were like "OMFG SHE KILLED OUR LANGUA-"), etc."

"Like Haruhi with a knife."

"She can destroy anything with a creation. If it came into existence she can destroy it."

"All and more of (Tohno) Shiki's abilities, none of his penalties."

"all of her powers come down to some goofy explaination that shes in contact with god and stuff lol"

(oh yeah and there something bout some kinda "gland"...*shrug*)

As I have already said, NO EYES.

I guess Ryougi Shiki is better with a knife. Then again, 17 dissection is just too godly... A pretty canon move too.

Anyways, I hope the movie come out as DVD soon??
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby serialies » December 2nd, 2007, 7:46 am

well if you talk about fighting in terms of no eyes its likely that

Ryogi shiki would win, as Tohno shiki doesnt have her killing intent, + Ryogi has a magicalz arm which can be replaced easily (so its also a magicalz shield)
I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member. Man, I don't know how I get away with it.
serialies
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Beowulf Lee » December 2nd, 2007, 5:58 pm

Fighting ability alone, my guess would be Nanaya > Ryougi > Tohno, where Tohno is way down in the dumps. I think Nanaya beats Ryougi because well... he's a crazy killer person who's purpose is to kill.
Beowulf Lee
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Nerroth » December 2nd, 2007, 6:50 pm

A review of KnK movie 1, from Beast's Lair's EvoSpace!

Ryougi >>>>> Nanaya/Tohno, by the way.
Nerroth
Crack Desu!

Unread postby serialies » December 3rd, 2007, 12:07 pm

i still dont agree with Tohko's new look T_T
serialies
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Beowulf Lee » December 3rd, 2007, 10:00 pm

Any information on the soundtrack? After hearing those half minute blurbs on the trailers, I'm getting the need-to-get-this-now itch.
Beowulf Lee
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Maes » December 4th, 2007, 7:51 am

My usual sources for things like anime OSTs doesn't have anything on the radar for it right now, but I feel the same way.
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby onizukaeikichi » December 25th, 2007, 7:51 am

would be interested to see a fight between Ryougi vs Nanaya, damn just thinking about that makes me so excited, hopeful someone will draw a doujin of that :o
onizukaeikichi
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Ryuusoul » December 29th, 2007, 6:55 pm

I look forward to it. The books were great.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby Sobzob » December 29th, 2007, 7:25 pm

Ryuusoul wrote:I look forward to it. The books were great.

Agreed, personally I like Kara no Kyoukai the most among Type-Moon's works.
Sobzob
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Pierrot » May 9th, 2008, 7:20 pm

There's a very popular Kara No Kyoukai OVA MAD (Japanese for AMV) that just... blew my mind away. The song is oblivious by Kalafina. There's quite a lot of beautiful footage, though they're mostly taken from trailers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5Ep7ZySH6o

The DVD for the first set will be released quite shortly in Japan. I'm not sure when they're going to get around to releasing an international version... perhaps when the entire series is out?

*edit* ah, I should be paying more attention to the other threads..

-----------------The body is a sword.
The blood is iron, the heart of glass.
Over countless battlefields undefeated.
Never once to flee,
And never once to be understood.
Atop the hill of swords she drinks the dregs of victory in her solitude.

Therefore her lifetime held no meaning,
and I’m sure her body was a sword.
Pierrot
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Beowulf Lee » May 19th, 2008, 8:28 pm

Woohoo! DVD for the first movie comes out tomorrow. For some reason, I have the notion that the soundtrack is coming out with it. Is this true?
Beowulf Lee
Crack Addic!

Unread postby DragoonKnight » May 20th, 2008, 6:12 am

Beowulf Lee wrote:Woohoo! DVD for the first movie comes out tomorrow. For some reason, I have the notion that the soundtrack is coming out with it. Is this true?

I think it's bundled with the limited edition.

The ending theme songs are already out.
DragoonKnight
Might just like this board

Unread postby Miraploy » May 21st, 2008, 4:22 pm

Wow, looks like Takajun subbed it already.
Miraploy
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Enigma » May 21st, 2008, 7:06 pm

I haven't watched it yet, but yay Takajun.
Enigma
Addict

Unread postby PrimarchBentley » May 21st, 2008, 7:11 pm

Speaking of which... thanks TakaJun! :D Hopefully it'll be finished and waiting for me after work.

Mmmmm, delicious non-Tohno, non-Nanaya, Shiki...
W.W.N.D. - What Would Nasu Do?
PrimarchBentley
Might just like this board

Unread postby ayadew » May 21st, 2008, 7:43 pm

Music was fantastic. Characters great. Plot filled with your general Nasu bullshit (alot of bullshit this time, but its the first episode and much is unclear).
I really like Shiki and the general feeling, it's very much like Ghost in the Shell
(further added by tohkos dolls)
or Ergo Proxy.
Slow and pleasant speed. It's a work of quality, that's for sure. But it's not omgz so far. But there's a high chance it will be.

Also "yay Takajun"!
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Chronowraith » May 21st, 2008, 8:45 pm

I <3 you taka! grabbing it off demonoid and waiting for my copy to arrive by mail :P
Chronowraith
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat