Vista Compatibility

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Vista Compatibility

Unread postby taelrak » June 14th, 2007, 11:40 pm

I'm getting a new computer soon, and it will likely come with Vista.

Will I still be able to play Fate on it?

Also, when I go to order Melty Blood http://www.paletweb.com/selectpage.asp?code=9900000257,
It lists under "related links" - Cadenza Ver. B standard edition. There's also limited edition. What's the difference? It says the release is June 27, 2007.
What's the difference between react, cadenza, and just melty blood? Do I have to get all 3 to play it? (that's like $34 + 57 + 12!)

Also, as above, since I'm going to be in Vista, would I be able to play MB after I bought it? I assume there's no return policy for international shipments?

Thanks!
taelrak
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 7
Joined: June 14th, 2007, 11:31 pm

Unread postby mir » June 15th, 2007, 1:18 am

Right off paletweb's site:

MELTY BLOOD Act Cadenza Ver.B for Windows Limited Edition
Release day : Jul 27,2007
Manufacturer = ECOLE
Genre = Fighting
OS = Win 2000/XP/Vista
Retail Price = 8,190 yens
Accessories = Original Sound Track (2 disc)

Difference: limited edition comes with the OST. You will not need the original MB to play act cadenza as mbac is a stand alone game. It also should run on vista, I don't see why it wouldn't.

about fate: haven't tried, assuming it does work.
User avatar
mir
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 157
Joined: April 11th, 2007, 7:20 am
Location: North Cal

Re: Vista Compatibility

Unread postby Message » June 15th, 2007, 5:52 am

taelrak wrote:I'm getting a new computer soon, and it will likely come with Vista. Will I still be able to play Fate on it?

Yes, but the Tsukihime English, MB English and MBR English (coming soon) installers will not yet have proper Vista support so the uninstallers won't work very well. I will start working on supporting Vista in the summer holidays.

Melty Blood - The original game
Melty Blood ReACT - An expansion for the original game (like The Rise of Rome expansion for Age of Empires 1)
Metly Blood Act Cadenza Ver.B - An upcoming PC port of the PS2 version

To play Melty Blood English, you will need to buy Melty Blood. To play Melty Blood ReACT English, you will need to buy both Melty Blood and Melty Blood ReACT. We may release a translation for Act Cadenza Ver.B at some point in the future, but there is no ETA on that as yet.
User avatar
Message
Master of Bad Puns
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: October 25th, 2004, 6:27 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Vista Compatibility

Unread postby mir » June 15th, 2007, 7:57 am

Message wrote:Metly Blood Act Cadenza Ver.B - An upcoming PC port of the PS2 version.


You aren't correct on this one. PS2 version doesn't have white len, pc one does.

Reason for that is, the PC version is a port of mbac verB2 which is currently the latest installment on the arcades. The PS2 version is revised verA with fixed infinites but does not have the extra chara, some of the stages, and the costume selection...or tag team.
User avatar
mir
Crack Addic!
 
Posts: 157
Joined: April 11th, 2007, 7:20 am
Location: North Cal

Re: Vista Compatibility

Unread postby Message » June 15th, 2007, 11:08 am

Sure, I'm game.

Metly Blood Act Cadenza Ver.B - An upcoming PC port of the arcade port of the PS2 port of the arcade port of the expansion of the original game.
User avatar
Message
Master of Bad Puns
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: October 25th, 2004, 6:27 pm
Location: Netherlands

Unread postby taelrak » June 15th, 2007, 1:44 pm

Thanks.

Another question then - are supplies limited? Is the original MB and MB React still being published? Basically, I want to know if there's any downside to waiting until you guys have Vista installation support to buy - such as the item being permanently out of stock or something.
taelrak
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 7
Joined: June 14th, 2007, 11:31 pm

Unread postby Message » June 15th, 2007, 4:53 pm

Oh, the games work just fine under Windows Vista, don't worry about that. It's just that the installer isn't optimized for the OS, so some details are flawed. It's nothing that would get you into any trouble, it just isn't as foolproof as I would want. And besides, by the time I finish Vista support you can almost certainly just update your not-so-Vista-proof install to the new version and everything will be fixed. And if you really want to wait till I put my Vista-ready sticker on the release, rest assured - We will release it. Vista support is the next big step in the installer evolution, it is at the very top of my priorities list.

So there is absolutely no reason to wait with buying the games, unless you perhaps want to wait until we release Melty Blood Act Cadenza Ver.B English, which may still be a long wait. I am not entirely sure if MB and MBR are still being produced and on what scale, but considering how paletweb and Himeya tend to run out of stock quite often these days, I'd say you're better off getting it sooner than later.
User avatar
Message
Master of Bad Puns
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: October 25th, 2004, 6:27 pm
Location: Netherlands

Unread postby taelrak » June 15th, 2007, 4:57 pm

Ah I see. Thank you!
taelrak
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 7
Joined: June 14th, 2007, 11:31 pm

Unread postby Flamby » July 27th, 2007, 12:39 pm

Personally i use windows Vista.
There are no great problems with Windows Vista.
Fate is working, Tsukihime too.
Melty Blood work but i have sometimes problems like loading which never end...
But there is maybe an issue with the new patch, i haven't tried it.

Be carefull Applocale isn't working on Windows Vista, you'll have to change the computer unicode settings totally.

And that's all ^^
Flamby
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 30
Joined: March 14th, 2007, 6:59 am
Location: France

Unread postby lvlln » August 5th, 2007, 2:48 am

Flamby wrote:Personally i use windows Vista.
There are no great problems with Windows Vista.
Fate is working, Tsukihime too.
Melty Blood work but i have sometimes problems like loading which never end...
But there is maybe an issue with the new patch, i haven't tried it.

Be carefull Applocale isn't working on Windows Vista, you'll have to change the computer unicode settings totally.

And that's all ^^


That's not true. I run applocale fine on my Vista machine. Zero problems, and it runs identically to how it used to on XP.
lvlln
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 6
Joined: May 1st, 2007, 6:58 am

Unread postby idontknoW » September 1st, 2007, 3:10 am

Hm, ive no problems with any Type-moon game in Vista so far...
i do receive rare BSODs whenever i play Melty Blood (AC or ReActFT) though
but only whenever im switching applications (i.e. Alt+Tab or Start button.)
idontknoW has left this forum, that is all.
use the YM / Mail buttons if you need to contact me.
User avatar
idontknoW
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 257
Joined: August 30th, 2007, 11:52 am
Location: Philippines and obviously elsewhere but here.

Unread postby taelrak » October 25th, 2007, 12:25 am

Message wrote:Oh, the games work just fine under Windows Vista, don't worry about that. It's just that the installer isn't optimized for the OS, so some details are flawed. It's nothing that would get you into any trouble, it just isn't as foolproof as I would want. And besides, by the time I finish Vista support you can almost certainly just update your not-so-Vista-proof install to the new version and everything will be fixed. And if you really want to wait till I put my Vista-ready sticker on the release, rest assured - We will release it. Vista support is the next big step in the installer evolution, it is at the very top of my priorities list.

So there is absolutely no reason to wait with buying the games, unless you perhaps want to wait until we release Melty Blood Act Cadenza Ver.B English, which may still be a long wait. I am not entirely sure if MB and MBR are still being produced and on what scale, but considering how paletweb and Himeya tend to run out of stock quite often these days, I'd say you're better off getting it sooner than later.


Doh you were right :(
I ended up waiting due to time constraints, and now neither Himeya nor paletweb have either MB or MBR...
They do have Act Cadenza Ver B. though - can I get that and then play it without the original MB and MBR?

Of the two stores, which is more reliable?
taelrak
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 7
Joined: June 14th, 2007, 11:31 pm

Unread postby -[J1N]- » October 25th, 2007, 6:00 am

You can play Act Cadenza Ver B. without MB or MBR. As stated before, it's a stand alone game. I'll have to warn you that there isn't a 'story' mode in Act Cadenza though, but rather quite a lot of new characters.

About the stores, I cant help you there, I don't usually shop from there
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
User avatar
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 548
Joined: September 15th, 2007, 10:29 am
Location: Look outside your window

Unread postby taelrak » October 26th, 2007, 2:26 am

No story mode! :(

That defeats the whole point..sortta.

are the graphics better in it or something?

Ah well, apparently Himeya stopped carrying MB and MBR completely. Hopefully that other store will give me a response soon.
taelrak
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 7
Joined: June 14th, 2007, 11:31 pm

Unread postby -[J1N]- » October 26th, 2007, 5:52 am

No, the graphics are quite the same. The extra characters and the implemented 'team' and 'tag' battles were added into it instead. I am sort of disappointed at the story being taken out, but the extra modes and characters are quite a lot of fun, so it's not as bad. I believe MB was made as a fighter game, rather than for the story, so the 'point' of the game isn't taken out.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
User avatar
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 548
Joined: September 15th, 2007, 10:29 am
Location: Look outside your window

Unread postby taelrak » October 26th, 2007, 3:42 pm

; ;

So, anyone wanna sell me their copy of MB and MBR? :p
taelrak
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 7
Joined: June 14th, 2007, 11:31 pm

Unread postby silenced » May 22nd, 2008, 2:01 am

No problems...
"...One must wait continuously, one must pursue endlessly.
They must realize that it was impossible to succeed yet
at the same time be capable of enduring patiently.
Is that... the story of a dream that shouldn't be waited upon?..."
User avatar
silenced
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 5
Joined: May 17th, 2008, 11:22 pm


Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests