Giving Thanks

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Giving Thanks

Unread postby Kabocha » May 22nd, 2007, 12:58 pm

Last summer, a friend of mine was going on a trip to Japan to visit a couple relatives. Before he left he asked me if there was anything I wanted. I smiled, shrugged, and just said: "How 'bout a good fighting game, we havn't played any good ones lately." He grinned and said he'd find one. A couple weeks later, he walked into my apartment with the same grin on his face and gave me a paper bag with Act Cadenza inside. After telling me he played it at a couple arcades and loved it, we popped it into my PS2 and went a few rounds. I was in love.

Now, I hate to admit it, but up until about a month ago, I didn't even know it had a story to it. I really loved the game and the characters, but had no idea that the game was part of something bigger. But last month a couple of buddies and I put together a lan party with about 20 people. We had little tournies for all kinds of games, MB being one of them. When we got around to playing MB I happened to beat someone playing Tohno while I played Nanaya, and I made some comment about "being beaten by the evil twin" (yes, I thought he was an evil twin, leave me alone) and he just laughed at me, saying they were the same person. I was surprised, and asked how he knew that, which lead into a conversation about Tsukihime, something I never even knew existed. I got all excited that one of my favorite games had a story, so he ended up letting me borrow it and told me about this site.

After playing through it the first time I was so surprised at how deep the story was. I'd never read a digital novel before and thanks to you guys, I have to say it was a really good first experience. I was really engrossed in the story, I basically stayed home and read for 3 days. When I was all done, I played it again. When I was done again, I wanted more. I looked at this site again and was happy to find another game (Fate) and immediately went out and found it. Once again I find myself quite content. I have to say, I love both of the stories (Tsukihime more of course), and I find myself needing to thank everyone I can for allowing me to be brought into a genre of 'book' I didn't even really know existed. Although I'm still itching to play MB's story mode (I can't find a legit PC copy anywhere).

So anyways, I just wanted to thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for bringing me a great story from something I already loved, and then some to boot. I look forward to any translations you guys dish out from now on, and would love to help out with anything I could.

I'm officially in love with you, so deal with it. >_>

-Kabocha
Kabocha
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ryuusoul » May 22nd, 2007, 6:14 pm

http://www.paletweb.com/selectpage.asp?code=9900000257

You can buy MB here.

And you're welcome. Glad you enjoy Type-Moon like we do.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby marus » May 23rd, 2007, 12:46 am

You're lucky you managed to find another person who actually knew what Tsukihime is. Seems like most every anime fan I talk to will only watch Naruto, and every gamer only plays FPS and RTS. I've only gotten a few people to actually sit down and play some Melty with me, I couldn't imagine holding a tourney at a lan party. And yet I still practice...

Oh well, welcome to the world of Type-Moon fandom. I hope you enjoy your stay in this crazy little society.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Chetyre » May 23rd, 2007, 3:51 am

I have yet to find anyone that would play MB with me. only people that would be willing to do that lives in another country altogether and hamachi won't work correctly over such a great distance
"I wouldst call thee foolish...But thou art mortal. Thou cannot go against thy nature, no more than a fish could walketh upon the firmament"
~Fou-Lu
Chetyre
Addict

Unread postby Kabocha » May 31st, 2007, 9:46 am

Thanks Ryuu, now I just gotta wait till it gets here. I'm excited. ^^

And to Marus, to tell the truth, only 3 people besides me had ever played it before, but it's always fun to pick up a new fighting game so it was pretty easy to convince people to play. Plus we played like 10 other games so there was plenty of ass kicking to go around. =P

Anyways, thanks guys.
Kabocha
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby SPerson » June 4th, 2007, 5:46 pm

That was an interesting story to read :) thanks for posting it. You'd probably like other visual novels since there're many good ones like Ever 17 out of infinity.
SPerson
Addict

Unread postby Jinnai » June 4th, 2007, 6:22 pm

marus wrote:You're lucky you managed to find another person who actually knew what Tsukihime is. Seems like most every anime fan I talk to will only watch Naruto, and every gamer only plays FPS and RTS. I've only gotten a few people to actually sit down and play some Melty with me, I couldn't imagine holding a tourney at a lan party. And yet I still practice...

Oh well, welcome to the world of Type-Moon fandom. I hope you enjoy your stay in this crazy little society.
Well i haveto agree with the gamer part, atleast those who i know who don't play RPGs....but anime they usually know a bit more, but to be honest probably all but one i think wouldn't know about Tsukihime.
Jinnai
Might just like this board

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat