Which game has info on Zelretch?

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Which game has info on Zelretch?

Unread postby deathknight » April 15th, 2007, 4:17 am

I read about Zelretch on the wiki but I didn't see him in Tsukihime and from what I heard hes only mentioned briefly in FSN. I'm just curious where I could find more info about his power kaleidoscope. What exactly does that power do?
deathknight
Addict

Unread postby Question » April 16th, 2007, 12:27 pm

I think theres a bit of info in Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, but hes very much a background character.

Too busy stalking girls in alternate dimensions.
Question
Crack Addic!

Unread postby deathknight » April 17th, 2007, 12:35 am

Yeah thats true. But that Kaleidoscope... is that like a parallel dimension thing where Zelretch just hops around alternate universes of the tsukihime world? In other words an alternate universe of the Nasuverse? It reminded me of that TV series Sliders... interesting concept and perhaps something that could be used to write about alternate versions of Arcueid, Shiki, Akiha, etc who could truly exist in Tsukihime thanks to the power of kaleidoscope (like Shiki Nanaya :twisted:)
deathknight
Addict

Unread postby asceai » April 19th, 2007, 11:55 am

As I understand it, Zelretch's kaleidoscope magic seems to revolve around pulling mana from other instances of himself in other parallel dimensions (I assume the dimensions that are created through branching possible outcomes of events) by creating tears in the fabric of space or whatever and transferring magic between them. Like with Rin's use of the jewelled sword--while Rin could only 'hold' 1000 mana or whatever, she could just regain said mana from these parallel universes, so she could fire 1000, regain it and fire again a potentially limitless number of times.

That's just how I understand it, the details probably vary.
asceai
Addict

Unread postby miszou » April 19th, 2007, 12:46 pm

If only tsukihime 2 would exist for real, it might got some screen time for him :(
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby chasmirror » June 22nd, 2007, 2:36 am

asceai wrote:As I understand it, Zelretch's kaleidoscope magic seems to revolve around pulling mana from other instances of himself in other parallel dimensions (I assume the dimensions that are created through branching possible outcomes of events) by creating tears in the fabric of space or whatever and transferring magic between them. Like with Rin's use of the jewelled sword--while Rin could only 'hold' 1000 mana or whatever, she could just regain said mana from these parallel universes, so she could fire 1000, regain it and fire again a potentially limitless number of times.

That's just how I understand it, the details probably vary.

Actually, that is the power of Rin's Jewel Sword, which is a replica of Zelretch's own. Zelretch's magic is a power to connect to, interact with, and manipulate the parallel worlds. The Jewel Sword uses the principle of Zelretch's magic to bring the mana from other parallel worlds(thus infinite supply), and allows the yielders to use the mana at will. It does come with a price, apparently either damage or burden on the user's body.
chasmirror
Crack Addic!

Unread postby james-skarz » August 28th, 2007, 7:39 am

Zelretch's kaleidostick (lol) is in F/HA and turns Rin into a semi-cosplay girl but holds immense power
and he's also met Arcueid, stopped Crimson Moon (The first True Ancestor/Dead Apostle?) and turned himself into a vampire in doing so...but he's one of the great sorcerers in the world and travels through time and space or something...there's a picture of him on Wikipedia

Shouldn't this be spoiler tagged?
james-skarz
Addict

Unread postby Beowulf Lee » August 29th, 2007, 1:14 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kishua_Zelretch_Schweinorg

Wikipedia is the Jesus of the Internet.
Beowulf Lee
Crack Addic!

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat