Fate Hollow Ataraxia Installation issues

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Fate Hollow Ataraxia Installation issues

Unread postby tenrou29 » November 26th, 2012, 7:48 pm

So I recently finished FSN for the billionth time ( Thank you so much guys!!) and Decided to finally try FHA. I install it on my desktop and played it about two days until my PC crashed.

Luckily I have a laptop with the same OS ( Windows Vista home Premium 64 Bit) so I downloaded the patch, put it in japanese locale restarted my comp, popped the disc in and right before it finishes a window pops up full of question marks and the option to select a drive with something about setup.exe in it.

I select the the drive the disc is in and it pops up again. I can't use the NoCD crack because the game is not installed.

I did not have any issues with this when i installed it on my desktop. Though on my desktop I had actual Kanji instead of question marks.

What am I doing wrong?
tenrou29
Totally hardly posted

Re: Fate Hollow Ataraxia Installation issues

Unread postby Message » November 27th, 2012, 6:08 am

(Moved to general TYPE-MOON forum)

I have no idea, but maybe someone else can help.

Re: Fate Hollow Ataraxia Installation issues

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » November 27th, 2012, 5:27 pm

Alright the since it's under Vista, did you change the System Locale to Japanese. It would be under the Administative Tab of the Regional Settings for the section of Non-Unicode programs.

That way it'll get rid of those question marks and show up in Moon Runes. That might be one of the reasons why it isn't installing properly.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat