Kagetsu Tohya Partial English Patch Released

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Kagetsu Tohya Partial English Patch Released

Unread postby marus » January 4th, 2007, 4:41 am

Well, I thought this was relevant, so:

http://nrvnqsr.proboards20.com/index.cg ... 1167283630

Looks like an /a/nonymous made a partial English patch for Kagetsu Tohya using the translations at the Beast's Lair. I've tested it, and it seems to work fine with the Tsukibako version. Only some of the short stories are included (since that's all that was translated), and the menu is translated as well.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby puKKa » January 4th, 2007, 3:26 pm

I think someone noted this while back on irc aswell. Going to try it out once I get some free time.
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby Message » January 4th, 2007, 4:53 pm

Nice initiative, but as far as I can judge this person didn't ask the translators for permission to use their work in a patch... So I'm not putting this on VisualNews. :-(

Unread postby Atvaark » February 11th, 2007, 8:28 pm

that's rather interesting...i'll test it once my game arrives...it was hard work, but i won the auction at japanese yahoo auction. i'm surprised there wasn't many bidders. i just hope the game arrives fairly fast and in good shape. should take around a week to get here, i think?anyway, i'll review the patch for those who wanna know how well it works.
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby miszou » February 14th, 2007, 5:53 am

woah, I want to test it too, I i just can find a windows pc to run my version on :] But nice to see more and more getting fixed ^^
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atvaark » February 15th, 2007, 1:13 am

oh, if you want to try it, don't take the first one that is offered on the site, go to page 3 or 4 i think, there is a version 3 that includes an auto installer. if you can't find it, I'll pm you the link.
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby miszou » February 15th, 2007, 4:48 am

ah tnx ^^, but since they're still busy with it, I think I'll just wait until I actually can play Kagetsu Touya, right now I'm not able to run the game, since I'm still in Japan away from a pc :] And when I get home, the first patch I'm gonna try is the tsukihime patch. But I'm certainly interested in your review of the patch ^^ and maybe when I'm ready to play Kagetsu Touya, the patch will include more stories :]
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atvaark » March 3rd, 2007, 7:55 pm

okay. my review of the patch:

what has been translated works as intended. although i'm not really sure if the imogirisou story was translated or actually just made up by the patch builder...it,s just soo...wacky. i can,t really explain it right, my only reaction was this:

*click...click..."huh...wtf?...haha...BWAHAHAHA!".click...*

i can't say more about it without spoiling it. other stories are well done, it's just too bad i can't unlock some of the other translated parts without going through the un-translated main story. trial and error i guess? or maybe a flow chart? i just don,t wanna spoil it for myself, so i'll patiently wait for a new patch. or my japanese understanding to continue rising bit by bit...

i use too many "..." oh well. it's a good download, and i really enjoyed the "Dawn" story.
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby miszou » March 5th, 2007, 2:42 am

Guess I'll try it when I'm done with Tsukihime all the way. Thanks for the review, I guess something is always better then nothing ^^ You made me curious about the imogirisou story now XD

trial and error is a way of advancing, but it would be too bad too not understand the story :(
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby marus » March 5th, 2007, 5:13 am

Well, a few more stories were translated, and I imagine a new patch will be out before long. If things continue at this rate, all the side stories will be translated within a small amount of time (although with the way internet is, that's still a pretty big if).
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby puKKa » March 5th, 2007, 11:34 am

marus wrote:Well, a few more stories were translated, and I imagine a new patch will be out before long. If things continue at this rate, all the side stories will be translated within a small amount of time (although with the way internet is, that's still a pretty big if).

That's nice to hear, just gotta finnish all tsukihime routes and when I've done that a new patch will most probably be out ^^
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby Makaveli » March 9th, 2007, 11:25 pm

I think all the side stories are finish and they are currently working on the main story.......well technically only one is working on translating the main story
Makaveli
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Flamby » May 10th, 2007, 8:42 am

Just a little news to tell you that the guys from Beast Lair have just finish the full translation of KT main story!
So now everything is translated and they started all the others jobs like editing and co...
Flamby
Might just like this board

Unread postby Atvaark » May 10th, 2007, 8:44 am

that's awesome news! I'll be sure to give it another go!
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Ryuusoul » May 10th, 2007, 10:13 am

It will be nice to see KT available for those who can't read Japanese. They will certainly get more of the jokes in MB once they read KT.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby Impractic_Shiki » May 10th, 2007, 12:49 pm

Full patch coming? :shock: I never thought it'd be translated. Wow...pretty much all the TYPE-MOON stuff is going to be in English then (well...PC wise....and not the Fate/Stay night sequel).
Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Makaveli » May 12th, 2007, 1:59 pm

I don't think it's fully translated yet.....But I don't really know
I'm confused
Makaveli
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Impractic_Shiki » May 12th, 2007, 2:47 pm

It's not fully translated as of yet.
Impractic_Shiki
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Flamby » May 12th, 2007, 4:19 pm

It's fully translated but only as a word or text document. This guys, Delta, is currently being inserting the translated text into the game or the patch i don't know...
Flamby
Might just like this board

Unread postby Shikiller » May 12th, 2007, 6:55 pm

The game is fully translated and there is a patch already,they are in proofreading phase and looking for errors.
Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Next

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat