Kagetsu Tohya Save Issue

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Kagetsu Tohya Save Issue

Unread postby Wraeth » April 30th, 2012, 8:37 am

Not long ago I recently started playing through Kagetsu Tohya, and for one reason or another, I ended up reinstalling a few times. I'm not quite sure where the discrepancy is, but after having reinstalled, it appeared that there were remnants of old save files that I had. On top of that, it wasn't a new game at all, but one I've already played in the past. I've done a lot of trouble shooting myself and no matter what I try the same thing occurs. Is there something I'm not quite understanding? I've tried deleting/renaming the gloval file and the save21.dat to no real avail.

The only solution I've worked out thus far is as soon as I reinstall the game and launch it directly from the English patcher is it actually untainted. Every time I close it then start it up again afterwards the same issues happen. I don't really know where else to turn here so I've decided to see if anyone knows a remedy.

Thanks for reading.
Wraeth
Totally hardly posted

Re: Kagetsu Tohya Save Issue

Unread postby Message » April 30th, 2012, 8:56 am

The KT patch is not ours, you'll probably have more luck in the beast's lair forums. Anyway, it sounds like you're running an admin-installed game at userlevel. Try installing to a user-writable directory, or running the game as admin.

Edit: y harro thar.

Unread postby ArchDemon » April 30th, 2012, 8:59 am

If you've installed the game to Program Files in Windows Vista/7, you could try looking in the VirtualStore directory and remove the saves from there.
The VirtualStore files are usually found in:

Windows Vista/7 32-bit
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStore\Program Files\Kagetsu Tohya English v0.5

or

Windows Vista/7 64-bit
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Kagetsu Tohya English v0.5

Paste the parts in bold in Windows Explorer to go to these locations.
If this doesn't work, try installing the game to another directory such as:

C:\Games\Kagetsu Tohya English v0.5

Hope that helps.

Edit: Hi Message. :P
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby Wraeth » April 30th, 2012, 12:38 pm

ArchDemon wrote:If you've installed the game to Program Files in Windows Vista/7, you could try looking in the VirtualStore directory and remove the saves from there.

Worked flawlessly. I figured it was acquiring the files from a location that was untouched by the uninstall but I myself was too inept to find it. Text cannot express my gratitude, but I'll thank you none the less.

In the off chance, do you accept donations of any sort? I've been using your translations for a while now and always felt guilty to some degree. You guys do deserve some glory even if it is TYPE-MOON's original vision; transliteration is worlds apart from translation.

Message wrote:The KT patch is not ours, you'll probably have more luck in the beast's lair forums.

Yeah, my mistake. I've been associating Mirror Moon with all of TYPE-MOON's translated work. Even then though, it wasn't an issue that was specific to the translations or programming, just my lack of knowledge.
Wraeth
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » April 30th, 2012, 7:04 pm

Wraeth wrote:In the off chance, do you accept donations of any sort?

We do not. The best way to support us is to buy the games. So, if you want to support us, please buy the games.

Unread postby ArchDemon » May 1st, 2012, 4:03 am

Heh, I usually don't get much feedback, so it's good for me just to hear that people are using (and hopefully enjoying) our patches. :P
But as Message said, the best way to support us (and TYPE-MOON) is to buy the games. :)
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby Wraeth » May 2nd, 2012, 6:58 am

ArchDemon wrote:Heh, I usually don't get much feedback, so it's good for me just to hear that people are using (and hopefully enjoying) our patches. :P
But as Message said, the best way to support us (and TYPE-MOON) is to buy the games. :)

You don't? That's a shame, but I suppose that's how the internet goes. Still though, there are thankful people, even if they're drowning in a sea of selfish sloths. Thanks again, I'll be sure to continue supporting TYPE-MOON.
Wraeth
Totally hardly posted

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat