STRONGEST character in Type-Moon.....

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby that one guy » January 14th, 2009, 5:00 am

abscess wrote:
Kid-Wolf wrote:
Xanathos wrote:[quote="Kid-Wolf"]

That only works with those that think that "A cat is fine too," or happen to be a lolicon.

Ah but some are so loli that you can't help but become a lolicon. That's when Shiki comes and stabs you for challenging his authority in the pride.

Yes it's all thanks to Len that I felt like I truned into a lolicon. Besides from what I was told that evey Type-Moon Slave has an inner lolicon waiting to get out. All it needs is a little help from either Len or Illya.

:shock: Oh lawdy! I'm in trouble![/quote]

I thought I was, but then White Len appeared....A cat is fine too....sigh.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Xanathos » January 14th, 2009, 6:09 am

Rikh wrote:
kaerstan01 wrote:
Xanathos wrote:Someone said Ryougi can move at mach one. How is this possible considering she's a human and doesn't know sorcery?

yup, and its her third personality that can move at a speed of mach 1 :wink: (yuck, power level lol)

do people understand just how fast mach 1 is anymore :|

about 767 miles per hour. While we are type-moon fans, we are still nerds. Don't forget that.
Xanathos
Crack Addic!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » January 14th, 2009, 7:35 am

Ok, so if Kinoko (mushroom mode) is the strongest in the Type-Moon universe for creating EVERYTHING... How would Inui Arihiko fare when he's wearing the Legendary Kinoko Armor?
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby Rikh » January 14th, 2009, 9:20 am

nanaya_shinya wrote:Ok, so if Kinoko (mushroom mode) is the strongest in the Type-Moon universe for creating EVERYTHING... How would Inui Arihiko fare when he's wearing the Legendary Kinoko Armor?

about as good as Issei wearing casters robes id say...
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » January 14th, 2009, 9:48 am

It's the Legendary Kinoko Armor! C'mon, it even has the Legendary Kinoko Hammer!
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby Lil Sister » January 14th, 2009, 9:51 am

Kid-Wolf wrote:
Lil Sister wrote:Logically speaking? ORT or otherwise known as Type Mercury.

Personally I think Len would be the most fatal character to meet in the field of battle. Ever heard of Death by MOE? lol

That only works with those that think that "A cat is fine too," or happen to be a lolicon.

Just adding onto the Cat is Fine Too statement. I thought I'd clear it up for everyone once and for all.

Lil Sister
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby spathi » January 14th, 2009, 12:37 pm

Lil Sister wrote:
Kid-Wolf wrote:

Personally I think Len would be the most fatal character to meet in the field of battle. Ever heard of Death by MOE? lol

Just adding onto the Cat is Fine Too statement. I thought I'd clear it up for everyone once and for all.

WTF!?!?!?!
spathi
Addict

Unread postby Xanathos » January 14th, 2009, 3:12 pm

nanaya_shinya wrote:It's the Legendary Kinoko Armor! C'mon, it even has the Legendary Kinoko Hammer!

He got beaten up for wearing that remember?
Xanathos
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Catastrophe » January 14th, 2009, 4:21 pm

Xanathos wrote:
nanaya_shinya wrote:It's the Legendary Kinoko Armor! C'mon, it even has the Legendary Kinoko Hammer!

He got beaten up for wearing that remember?

he is an owner, not an user :lol:
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » January 15th, 2009, 6:29 am

Lil Sister wrote:
Kid-Wolf wrote:

Actually that's the other half of it. The actual reason is the doujin And that's why I Assault Ren. That was the beginning of the "A cat is fine too." In any case having a dream familar can be a good thing if you want to toy with a person's mind for that matter, or even find out about thier weaknesses and exploit them like no tomorrow.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Message » February 5th, 2009, 9:33 am

Note: This thread is the only thread exempt from rule 11. If you want to discuss powerlevels, do it here.

Unread postby allanh » February 5th, 2009, 9:44 am

Message wrote:Note: This thread is the only thread exempt from rule 11. If you want to discuss powerlevels, do it here.

kind of like the garbage bin thread ?:P
http://Miyazaki.com - my Hayao Miyazaki fan site
http://CityHunter.com- my City Hunter fan site
Saber-chan, come back to me~~~~~
allanh
Crack Addic!

Re: STRONGEST character in Type-Moon.....

Unread postby James_Marcus » August 8th, 2009, 5:25 pm

i thought Gilgamesh was stronger than Arcueid with his unlimited number of noble phantasm or maybe i played Battle Moon Wars too much, isn´t Gilgamesh half god before becoming heroic spirit?, because that would make him stronger than the rest, also it seems Gilgamesh is the oldest servant, around seven thousand years old, and if a servant is 1/3 of Arcueid power does that include servant´s of the caliber of Berserker, Saber or Gilgamesh?
James_Marcus
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » August 8th, 2009, 8:48 pm

This is simply a case of "Nasu said so". Arc receives power from Gaia, as she is essentially a spirit bound to Gaia. Gaia only allots Arc enough power to overcome her opponent and no more. This characteristic essentially dooms Arc if she confronts Gilgamesh, as the true power of Gilgamesh does not lie in his stats, but his Noble Phantasms. Therefore, in this case, Arc is severely underpowered and at risk of being defeated by Gilgamesh.

The "30% Arc = 4 servants" statement is essentially a rough power level guideline, it does not hold true to every scenario. Also, the "servant" in the aforementioned statement is "an average counter guardian", as Nasu stated. An average counter guardian/servant... I would assume to be someone on the calibre of Archer.
Last edited by Keeper of Gil's Vault on August 8th, 2009, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Are we Beast's Lair Lite? Are we?!
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby solopy567 » August 8th, 2009, 9:06 pm

James_Marcus wrote:i thought Gilgamesh was stronger than Arcueid with his unlimited number of noble phantasm or maybe i played Battle Moon Wars too much, isn´t Gilgamesh half god before becoming heroic spirit?, because that would make him stronger than the rest, also it seems Gilgamesh is the oldest servant, around seven thousand years old, and if a servant is 1/3 of Arcueid power does that include servant´s of the caliber of Berserker, Saber or Gilgamesh?

Remember that Battle Moon Wars is not canon so anything that happens there was not confirmed by Nasu.
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
All there is left is a dead apostle who has inherited the name of TATARI.
Now.....Let's begin the Bloody Second Act." - Sion TATARI
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » August 8th, 2009, 9:12 pm

solopy567 wrote:Remember that Battle Moon Wars is not canon so anything that happens there was not confirmed by Nasu.

It is sort of true, because it originated from the Nasu interview. However, it just did not tell the whole story. Servants cannot be summarized as one stock entity and assigned a fixed power level, because each of them has his/her own unique power. Lancer could technically kill Arc in a single blow if Arc's luck fails. See my point?

Edit: Marcus is working hard to reanimate threads long thought dead, eh?
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby James_Marcus » August 8th, 2009, 9:36 pm

now it is clear, thanks for replying.
James_Marcus
Posting more than n00bs

Re:

Unread postby Oolinthu » August 9th, 2009, 5:02 am

Xanathos wrote:
Rikh wrote:
Xanathos wrote:Someone said Ryougi can move at mach one. How is this possible considering she's a human and doesn't know sorcery?

(quote omitted)
do people understand just how fast mach 1 is anymore :|

about 767 miles per hour. While we are type-moon fans, we are still nerds. Don't forget that.

That doesn't answer the question, though. How exactly is it possible for a human who doesn't know sorcery to move at the speed of sound? If it's a huge spoiler, don't bother answering, since I haven't seen past... 4, I think.

Keeper of Gil's Vault wrote:
solopy567 wrote:Remember that Battle Moon Wars is not canon so anything that happens there was not confirmed by Nasu.

It is sort of true, because it originated from the Nasu interview. However, it just did not tell the whole story. Servants cannot be summarized as one stock entity and assigned a fixed power level, because each of them has his/her own unique power. Lancer could technically kill Arc in a single blow if Arc's luck fails. See my point?

Edit: Marcus is working hard to reanimate threads long thought dead, eh?

So, how would Arc fare against Berserker or Saber?
Oolinthu
Addict

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » August 9th, 2009, 5:50 pm

Oolinthu wrote:That doesn't answer the question, though. How exactly is it possible for a human who doesn't know sorcery to move at the speed of sound? If it's a huge spoiler, don't bother answering, since I haven't seen past... 4, I think.

I think this originated from the description on Fuyuki that Alaya can dodge a bullet, and Shiki is even faster than Alaya. A bullet does indeed travel at supersonic speeds, however, I do not believe that being capable of dodging a bullet means you can move at sonic speeds. Given the power of these characters, they have no problem perceiving a speeding bullet, all they need to do is shifting by a few centimeters, then they will be safe. I need to see something more concrete than what is given.

So, how would Arc fare against Berserker or Saber?

Well, first of all, there is always the "Arc materializes a 1 gigavolt lightning and totally fries the Master for instant pwnage".
On a more serious note, I believe the fight between Arc and Berserker will largely be reminiscent of the Gilgamesh vs. Berserker fight, i.e. Arc beating down on Berserker with her Marble Phantasm until he dies. Because Berserker is essentially a tank that relies on his stats, Arc will have no problem handling him.
Sabre is more tricky, because her NP output vastly outranks her attack output. So if Arc's stats are set to be slightly above Sabre's, then she is definitely at risk of being destroyed by Excalibur. Furthermore, there is always the issue of Avalon, the impregnable barrier. I think Fuyuki puts Arc above Sabre to reflect the fact that Arc can be tremendously powerful at max output, but the thing is, Gaia always restricts her power to be only a bit stronger than her opponent. This works well in most scenarios, except when against servants, whose powers are associated with NP rather than being innate.
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » August 10th, 2009, 4:15 am

KoGV wrote:This works well in most scenarios, except when against servants, whose powers are associated with NP rather than being innate.

For the record, then Archer would also be able to pwn Arc if he starts fighting like a normal Servant but then pulls a Broken Phantasm out of nowhere, right? Would Rider with Bellerophon also be able to beat her? Because if that's the case, then Arc can be beaten by anyone who can suddenly explode (not literally speaking) during a fight...
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

PreviousNext

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat