Anyone else thinks KnK 6 is really lackluster? (SPOILER)

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Anyone else thinks KnK 6 is really lackluster? (SPOILER)

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » August 3rd, 2009, 4:50 pm

Although the first 5 KnK movies are not the best motion pictures of all time, they are definitely time well wasted. I will admit that I have never read through KnK and most of my knowledge related to KnK is forum-derived, but I don't think you need to be an expert in the area to tell the movie is badly-made. The entire movie is made to appeal to Azaka fans, they did not attempt to hide it. I have no problem with that. Azaka has a brother complex. This is typical of manga and anime, I have no problem with it. However, if you are going to shine a spotlight on a character, at least make a good attempt to develop her. Azaka's reason to love her brother is an important element of the movie, and it is a memory that Azaka treasures. However, the unveiling of this reason/memory is so anti-climatic, it makes you wonder "that's it"?
Also, Shiki is reduced to playing second fiddle, and frequently ran off by herself or was told to "go search over there" to give Azaka more screen time. The only part that slightly quickened my pulse was when God's Word Mayday was introduced. His ability is very intriguing and his style of doing things resemble Souren (manipulate others), which led me to believe the last fraction of the movie was going to be good. However, the battle with this puppeteer behind the curtains was rushed and left inconclusive. It almost seem like it was placed there just for the sake of telling you "Hey, here is a 30 second clip of Shiki battling the boss after we showed you Azaka fights the small-fry for 5 minutes. We know the boss was more important than the small-fry, but Azaka was so cool."

I want my Araya Souren back.
Are we Beast's Lair Lite? Are we?!
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Re: Anyone else thinks KnK 6 is really lackluster? (SPOILER)

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » August 3rd, 2009, 10:58 pm

Well this one was to be focued more on Azaka to begin with. Besides in the previous movies they didn't even touch on the subject of her abilities at all. It's pretty much a letdown for those people that are fans of Ryougi of course since she didn't do overly much other then getting an idea on how much Azaka level on being a brocon. In any case I think it was the other way around adn that Azaka fought what was controlling the student while Ryougi was fighing against the guy who gave said familiar to the student.

In any case I kind of wonder if the teacher is related to Sacchin from Tsukihime in any way now. Not only that but when Seo came back I was wondering if it was te same Seo that Tohno Shiki ran into in Plus+Disk and Kagetsu Tohya though.

And if you saw the movie all the way past te credits you would of seen Souren promoting Lio/Rio after the credits.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby CSXLoser » August 7th, 2009, 9:23 pm

the seo from Tsukihime universe is based on the Seo from KnK.

I read somewhere that they even had the same powers (seeing the future?)
CSXLoser
Addict

Unread postby solopy567 » August 7th, 2009, 10:15 pm

Too much talk, not enough action

That was its main problem.
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
All there is left is a dead apostle who has inherited the name of TATARI.
Now.....Let's begin the Bloody Second Act." - Sion TATARI
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Iiyo » August 12th, 2009, 1:43 am

Honestly, I thought the whole series was lackluster. Then again, the same goes for the books. They were interesting, but lackluster (umm... meaning, interesting in a bored way).
Iiyo
Might just like this board

Unread postby Atriel » August 16th, 2009, 3:01 am

Just watched it...

For the first five minutes I was thinking "Another chapter of awesome!" I loved the music at the beginning and everything was right. Then came Azaka into the picture. Don't misunderstand me, I like her. The problem is the way it was presented. For a moment I thought it was a shounen anime.

In fact, ignoring the first 5 minutes it is as if I was watching a shounen... For my taste, it is the weakest chapter.
If you disagree, you are wrong.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby ultimatednc » August 16th, 2009, 4:14 am

I also was a bit sad, the fight scenes were around 5 mins alltogether, and it seemed it could've been better. Kinda felt like it was missing something, but meh, I enjoyed it anyway. :D
ultimatednc
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby abscess » August 16th, 2009, 6:37 am

I don't think it was that bad to call it lackluster, but I agree with Atriel. Of all the six chapters so far, this one has been the weakest, taking the 4th's place without any hassle. I can't pin-point the reason why, it just seemd too bland somehow. The fight scene isn't something that cool, but I'm not in this just because of the fighting but because of the mind-fuck and pseudo phylosophical jargon they spew that I seem to love for some reason. This one lacked that oh so much.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby DarkEyes » August 17th, 2009, 11:06 pm

agreed, the 6th chapter was rly nothin special.. and god damn it, i was so lookin forward to it cuz of the 5th, which rocked..
*let down* ;<
DarkEyes
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » August 18th, 2009, 12:31 am

I think the movies just simply go downhill after the death of Alaya Souren. After all, he was the puppeteer behind everything. I didn't read the book, but from the 6 movies we have right now and the spoiler of the ending, I kind of feel that the story peeks out at Paradox Spiral.
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » August 18th, 2009, 5:06 am

@KoGV
I really hope that you are wrong. KnK 7 is the last movie, after that only the epilogue is left, and I doubt it'll have little more than the closure of some of the loose ends most important to the story. Probably Souren left something that will somehow "carry his will" to some extent, creating a potentially better antagonist than what he originally was. Maybe the cannibal guy has just that, but he twisted it to such an extent that he is more dangerous than his "creator".... Well, one can hope, right?
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » August 19th, 2009, 8:40 pm

Well, it is almost certain that the cannibal guy will not match the sophistication of Alaya Souren. The only possible redeeming quality of the remaining movie(s) will be the potential action scenes, so let's hope it delivers.
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby deathknight » August 27th, 2009, 2:48 pm

You know what would have fixed this movie? If they had simply added in the content of this doujin to complement it.
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=42370

Strangely enough there was a scene in the movie that was almost exactly like the "Azaka assault" on Shiki in the doujin but since its anime where talking here they predictably cut out the good stuff. Since Azaka was saying she was into taboo things it would have fit her motivations and style perfectly if Shiki had said something like so yuri is fine too? I recall in the book Azaka even asked if Shiki was a man (which depending on the personality) would have been a fair question.

Rather than the fight scene what would have saved this movie was if they got into a Azaka/Misaya/Shiki yuri sandwich with Fujino walking in for a twist in the action (This would both serve to make Mikiya jealous and Touko the leftovers as Shiki's little revenge while also curing Misaya and saving the day as usual with a climax). I mean they didn't even show tentacles with the flower monster! What kind of censored crap are they pulling here?!
Ufotable seriously needs to make a hentai OAV of this episode to do it justice.
deathknight
Addict

Unread postby Atriel » August 28th, 2009, 4:25 am

^This. You just epicly won the thread.
If you disagree, you are wrong.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby RoyKr » September 10th, 2010, 8:27 pm

The movie contained Azaka, thus it is awesome.
Enough said.
RoyKr
Totally hardly posted

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat