Type-moon art thread [Thread of immaculate epicness]

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Type-moon art thread [Thread of immaculate epicness]

Unread postby Message » June 22nd, 2009, 7:20 am

Thanks to people like CactusEmperor and Rein talking about uploading a zip with 3000 images, as well as people like abscess pasting dozens of images in a single post, the TYPE-MOON art thread has been deleted. This thread will stay open for anyone who wishes to thank those people who apparently thought "as long as we're allowed to post one image, it's entirely ok to post hundreds of them."

Re: Type-moon art thread [Thread of immaculate epicness]

Unread postby Arayashiki » June 22nd, 2009, 8:58 am

Damn, Tis quite a sad day for the 'Thread of immaculate epicness'
Isn't it sad Thread of immaculate epicness?
Arayashiki
Might just like this board

Unread postby XgenAdam » June 22nd, 2009, 9:01 am

dang, what a shame. though we would have been warned rather than shut down immediately...
XgenAdam
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Arayashiki » June 22nd, 2009, 9:06 am

XgenAdam wrote:dang, what a shame. though we would have been warned rather than shut down immediately...

I believe Message never really approved of this thread in the first place, (it was breaching quotation rights, as many people were posting official art and doujin work without permission of the authors) Message also constantly warned the posters throughout it, just not lately.
Arayashiki
Might just like this board

Unread postby Rein » June 22nd, 2009, 1:39 pm

So that we do not anger Message again, just PM me please.
Existence is futile
Rein
Addict

Unread postby zweiterversuch » June 22nd, 2009, 2:39 pm

this is sad...

over 3000 images...

OVER 3000 IMAGES!!!

everything lost...

Well, the thread will always be here and will remind us of those good times when people could post as many images as they wanted and Message would let it pass (at least for a while.)

Now sing people, SING!
For the sake of those fallen images!

http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » June 22nd, 2009, 2:49 pm

Well... there's always the chance to rebuild, unless Message says otherwise. Besides a few pages were actually nothing more then massive comments though. Sure it won't be the same, but not two threads ever are.

As for being warned he did do that a few times though. I knew I should of butted in and told them to just go though PMing each other because this thread had at least 3 epic Saber Wars that our resident Saberfile once posted. Those pics will sorely be missed.

The only thing we need to remeber is not to post anything beyond ecchi levels, and not to many doujin pages, and to try to keep the wall of pics to a minimum I guess. The first two are kind of a definite since we were warnd about those a few times.

Also, I don't blame anyone here since everyone here meant well of course, besides things happen.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Atriel » June 22nd, 2009, 8:02 pm

Well, I did save about 90% of them. The bad side is that I won't find any new ones.
If you disagree, you are wrong.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » June 22nd, 2009, 8:26 pm

I'm sure there will be more just give it time of course.

In any case I almost feel like recontributing the pics I originally posted here at one point to start things going once again though. I mean we can always rebuild this thread to its former glory... I hope.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby abscess » June 22nd, 2009, 9:25 pm

Blimey.....! And there I was thinking I'd get a flood of hate mail and death threats this afternoon via PM or e-mail for being one of the few users named by Message! Well, moving on.

Nice song Zwei!

Arayashiki wrote:Isn't it sad Thread of immaculate epicness?
It indeed is.... For a hole has been bored in the heart of the community and, although things will come and stay there for a while, nothing will make it its home and fill that void ever again.... But let us not forget! As long as we remember each time we hear the trumpets and pipers about that magnificent whirlwind that has now died down, stuck between the branches of the thorn tree, 'till we look and behold at him who comes around.

Atriel wrote:Well, I did save about 90% of them. The bad side is that I won't find any new ones.

You can always check Wakachan and... kanachan or konachan or... konochan was it? It was k-something-chan IIRC.

Kid-Wolf wrote:I'm sure there will be more just give it time of course. In any case I almost feel like recontributing the pics I originally posted here at one point to start things going once again though.
I'm not sure if it's a good idea to talk about it in this particular time and place, y'know.

Anyway, stupid jokes aside, It does come out as a very surprising thing that none of us have been banned for this (at the moment at least). Since it's pretty much an accepted thing that rules may have been stretched quite a bit in here, at least this can do the job as a reminder of a close call with the ban-hammer. Well, I'll be moving to Beast's Lair when it comes to fun with pics at the moment. Cheers, guys.
Last edited by abscess on June 23rd, 2009, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » June 22nd, 2009, 10:41 pm

Yeah your right, for some reason I kind of wonder if they have an Epic Pic Thread going on in BeastLair. If not I'm sure some of the regulars here might travel in that direction... eventually of course. Besides aren't they the ones doing the F/HA translaton though, so it won't be all that bad to see if there is any progress over there.

Also, as for no one being banned... well who's to say my good friend.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Message » June 23rd, 2009, 5:13 am

abscess wrote:
Kid-Wolf wrote:I'm sure there will be more just give it time of course. In any case I almost feel like recontributing the pics I originally posted here at one point to start things going once again though.
I'm not sure if it's a good idea to talk about it in this particular time and place, y'know.

Indeed. You can forget about it, Kid-Wolf.

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » June 23rd, 2009, 7:13 am

*sheds manly tears*
goodbye, epic thread...
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » June 23rd, 2009, 2:42 pm

Adios, mon ami
You had a good life
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » June 23rd, 2009, 2:48 pm

Well since Message says it's over then I guess this Pool is Closed... forever. In any case I never would have thought we would of gotten a thread over a 100+ pages though. I mean that has to be worth something there.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Jatts » June 26th, 2009, 4:56 am

Oh well, they were warned...
Jatts
Addict

Unread postby Sepheriel » June 30th, 2009, 4:29 am

Well this thread was amazing. Got a lot of good images from it. Message has spoken so nothing we can really do; rules are rules. RIP Epic Thread.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Uberoy » June 30th, 2009, 12:29 pm

R.I.P next to Michael Jackson.
But I shall forgive you. Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained.
Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » June 30th, 2009, 2:31 pm

Uberoy wrote:R.I.P next to Michael Jackson.

Don't forgett about Ed McMahan, Farrah Fawcett, and Billy Mayes as well.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Uberoy » June 30th, 2009, 5:00 pm

But I shall forgive you. Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained.
Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Next

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat