Difference betweek Ryogi's and Tohno's Mystic eyes?

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Re: Difference betweek Ryogi's and Tohno's Mystic eyes?

Unread postby Vhailor » July 13th, 2009, 7:47 pm

IIRC, Tohno can use his nails and stuff to attack physical objects.

Ryogi breaks her nails against the zombie. :/

So Ryougi didn't manage to reach a line, i suppose. What was this supposed to mean? That she can break a finger if she smashes it against a wall?
Vhailor
Addict

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » July 13th, 2009, 8:23 pm

The thing is Ryougi needs a good cutting impliment to cut the lines. As for Tohno all he needs to do is trace the lines with pretty much anything he has on him. Also, Ryougi tends to have a flowing movement while Tohno's movement is a bit more rigid since he tries to stay on the line, while I think Ryougi only goes for the line if it is needed.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Iiyo » July 14th, 2009, 12:38 am

Vhailor, that's actually not the case. Ryougi Shiki definitely did cut the zombie's line with her nail, but she broke her finger in the process.

Kid-Wolf wrote:The thing is Ryougi needs a good cutting impliment to cut the lines. As for Tohno all he needs to do is trace the lines with pretty much anything he has on him.

Out of the two, Ryougi is the one who has cut lines with her bare hands, and Nanaya is the one who always used a knife, so I think you're mistaken. Could you back up what you're saying?

shirou12 wrote:i think about tohno's i think it was mentioned at the prologue.

Iirc he used a fruit knife.
Last edited by Iiyo on July 14th, 2009, 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iiyo
Might just like this board

Unread postby AlinSabel » July 14th, 2009, 12:41 am

Tohno uses his hands on the bed spread, although all he really does is sink his hands into the gap.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Iiyo » July 14th, 2009, 12:46 am

He only used his hands to feel the lines, though. To kill it, he used the fruit knife. At any rate, Ryougi Shiki can feel lines of death with her hands too; that's how she killed the zombie and those magecraft barriers when she was trapped.
Iiyo

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » July 14th, 2009, 1:16 am

Are you sure you didn't skip the prologue for Tsukihime? I mean Tohno Shiki traced the lines on the hospital bed with his bare hand. By doing that he kind of freaked out a nurse and a doctor as well when he did that. As for Ryougi she tried to do it with her bare hand against a zombie, but it backfired. So she's the one that needs the knife or better while Tohno prefers the knife since it's easier.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Iiyo » July 14th, 2009, 4:30 am

Kid, I'm not sure what you're saying.

Yes, I'm certain that Nanaya-kun used a fruit knife to kill the bed. He felt it with his hands, but killed it with a fruit knife.
Also, how did it backfire for Ryougi? She did cut the line with her nails, even though it broke her finger.
Iiyo

Unread postby SolarAdept » July 14th, 2009, 5:35 am

In terms of lines THEIR EYES AND ABILITY TO CUT THEM ARE THE SAME. I'm still not sure if what they see is the same, but the lines they see are the same old lines. The reason they need sharp stuff is cuz they need something to shove deep into the line and separate the two chunks of material from each other. The reason that they can't do that with their fingers/nails is because said material ain't flexible enough to put a finger all the way into the line.
Fate/World Providence - A site dedicated to it's Grail War RP.
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » July 14th, 2009, 5:57 am

Well for Ryougi for that one scene she tried to trace the line only for it to hurt her in the process. Also, the same zombie didn't show much of a slowdon until she stabbed it with the kife that Touko gave her at that point. She also mentioned that it's impossible to kill something that's already dead speach as well. Although Ryougi can kill things that are living including the undead it seems.

Although for Tohno Shiki I think all he did was trace the lines on his hospital bed when he just got the eyes. In any case he never used his knife at all unless you were going on the main storyline with Arc and/or Ciel. Although he does use the knife in the backstory with Sacchin. Although, "Isn't it sad Sacchin you were killed when Tohno-kun actually tested his eyes out on something moving for the first time."

Besides I'm sure that the proluge did state that he did cut the bed up with his fingers, but I'll look it up again if it'll make you feel any better about it.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby SolarAdept » July 14th, 2009, 6:18 am

Picture or it never happened.

And Shiki(M) used a knife all the goddarn time, in both routes(Near and Far Side).
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Iiyo » July 14th, 2009, 6:25 am

...Oookaay, looks like you really need some quotes to be convinced. Alright, here goes:

Tsukihime quote:
Edit: SolarAdept posted a higher quality one. Thanks!

Rakkyo quote:
In the darkness the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception are awakened.
Two delicate legs kick the ground.
The corpse reaches out with its arms at Shiki who is rushing towards it.
Narrowly slipping past it she rips apart the corpse with one hand as if she is feeling for the line visible to her eyes.
Shiki's nails pass through in an even cut from the right shoulder to the left hip.
Thanks to that her fingerbone broke but the corpse's wound was much greater.
(collapse -SoundFX), because the strings controlling it have been cut the corpse falls to the ground. One arm though apparently still has strings attached and the corpse which has slowly crawled over to her grabs Shiki's ankle.

Is there anything else? *blinks*

Oh, SolarAdept, I reckon you're right to be honest, but anyway I think you should relax - this isn't anything to get worked up over, really. It's fine, really.
Iiyo

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » July 14th, 2009, 1:12 pm

Thanks for that pic I knew he was able to sink his hand into the line, but I vaguely remebered that part. So thanks for clearing that mess up.

As for the near and far routes I know he uses his knife,
but in the near route he actually killed Arc on the first day, but on the far route he killed Sacchin a few days after her disappearance. The difference there was it seems that he wasn't overly remourseful over Sacchin then with Arc it seemed, unless you were doing the Akiha route and that was the only time he kept thinking about her.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby SolarAdept » July 14th, 2009, 1:33 pm

Soooo.... what was the purpose of that post? Isn't this a Ryougi's eyes vs Tohno's eyes thread? Remorse shouldn't be on the menu. OFF TOPIC!
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » July 14th, 2009, 2:42 pm

Ok if you want me to explain that remourse moment I will. It seemed that in Tsukihime Tohno Shiki kind of regretts using his eyes, depening on which route you do of course.
Arc for the main story and Sacchin for mostly Akiha's storyline.
As for Ryougi Shiki she doesn't mind it at all, or at least that's what the movies have been showing so far.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby SolarAdept » July 15th, 2009, 3:22 am

And exactly goddamn what does it have to do with their Mystic Eyes? You have completely missed the point of my post - we aren't here to talk about their personalities.
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » July 15th, 2009, 3:30 am

Well if you look at it from the stand point I was trying to explain it pretty much shows how they feel when they use thier Mystic Eye ability. I mean Ryougi doesn't even care about it and considers it as a tool to help her in a fight. As for Tohno Shiki he does care about it because he had to grow up with it, and Aoko kind of told him to use it if it is nessessary to do so. So he kind of values life more then Ryougi. I was just trying to explain on how they react on using thier Mysitc Eye ability that's all.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby SolarAdept » July 15th, 2009, 11:50 am

This thread is about abilities not whether the characters need to visit a shrink. I doubt anyone cares about their personalities when they come to a thread about powers and their differences.

Basically, this thread is not about the characters but rather about the Mystic Eyes.
SolarAdept
Crack Addic!

Previous

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat