Melty Blood or Kagetsu Tohya??

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Melty Blood or Kagetsu Tohya??

Unread postby Sylian » March 15th, 2009, 10:52 pm

Hey guys!
I'm a bit confused and...I'm not sure wich one comes first...as in wich one is the sequel to Tsukihime x_x
And I'm sorry I didnt look in the forums to see if there was already an answer in fear to read some spoilers x_x
Anyway thanks guys!
Sylian
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Atriel » March 15th, 2009, 11:00 pm

Both of them are a sequel of sorts.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Sylian » March 15th, 2009, 11:04 pm

Well...does it means it doesnt really matter wich one I play first?
Sylian
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby negum » March 15th, 2009, 11:07 pm

No, it doesn't. You can play wichever you want first.
However, I would recommend to play Kagetsu Tohya first. But that's only my opinion.^^
Internet-Rule 20: "Nothing is to be taken (too) seriously." <-- So true. :mrgreen:
negum
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Sylian » March 15th, 2009, 11:13 pm

Okay thanks alot guys.
Sylian
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » March 16th, 2009, 3:21 am

Indeed I have to agree with negum on that. Although ti might be better to play Plus+Disk Talk 1 & 2 as well. In any case in Kagetsu Tohya you get an idea of Kohaku's persona Magical Amber, and also about Len herself as well.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby AlinSabel » March 16th, 2009, 4:12 am

I thought KT happened before MB, as... you know, Len.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » March 16th, 2009, 5:55 am

Well actually about Len it can be easliy explained.
She was in Tsukihime, but she was giving Shiki the so called lewd dream of either Kohaku & Akiha (either Akiha enjoying the scene, or not depending on the choise made), Hisui, Ciel, and even Arc. She was there, but her cat-like form wasn't shown until what would be actually Arc's Good End. Although Len would be around Shiki even in her true end as well, along with Ciel's endings too.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Michael Nanaya » March 27th, 2009, 11:54 pm

From what I can tell, after playing MB first (I'm currently playing KT) I think both are kind of sequels. MB is actually more of a sequel than KT, from what've seen. KT could very well be in Tsukihime, but I haven't finished it so I can't say for sure.
In any case, both of them seem to have accepted Arcuied's Good Ending in order for having all the characters there.

Cheers
Michael Nanaya
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » March 28th, 2009, 12:50 pm

Like I stated before it would take place a little while after Tsukihime since it's really Len's story on how she became Shiki's familiar. I mean when Shiki wins against Len in Melty Blood he says that he's greatful that she is worried about him, but says he can hadle himself though. Although I'm sure there is one for Arc winning agaisnt Len as well, but I'll have to chack on that.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby solopy567 » March 28th, 2009, 1:03 pm

I think KT happened before MB. KT fully introduces Len, Kouma, and Nanaya, and Melty Blood comes later.
Last edited by solopy567 on March 28th, 2009, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby negum » March 28th, 2009, 1:28 pm

That doesn't really matter. Len and Kouma don't appear in the original storyline of MB.
Though in later games both of them get their own story in arcade mode. (That's the reason I recommend to play KT first.)

Regarding Nanaya:
IMO MB Nanaya and KT Nanaya are different entities. One created by Tatari and the other one is Shiki's fear/nightmare within the dream.
Besides, Nanaya as an alternate personality of Shiki was more or less known since Tsukihime.

In the end, if you only consider the original story, you can't really say which happend first or if they are even on the same timeline.
Internet-Rule 20: "Nothing is to be taken (too) seriously." <-- So true. :mrgreen:
negum
Crack Addic!

Unread postby shirou12 » March 28th, 2009, 5:33 pm

^
MB nanaya has the same eyes with shiki unlike KT nanaya who has no mystic eyes
shirou12
Crack Addic!

Unread postby AlinSabel » March 28th, 2009, 10:14 pm

Michael Nanaya wrote:In any case, both of them seem to have accepted Arcuied's Good Ending in order for having all the characters there.

MB follows one of Satsuki's routes... I forget whether it was Good or True. XD
(yeah, the 'fabled' Satsuki route)
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Tessara » March 28th, 2009, 10:29 pm

AlinSabel wrote:
Michael Nanaya wrote:In any case, both of them seem to have accepted Arcuied's Good Ending in order for having all the characters there.

I've heard this several times before, too, and I've always wandered if that was the truth. I mean, it makes sense what with Sacchin being alive and vampiric, but some of the routes seem to take place at different times. Nanaya and some of the tataris' routes seem to happen after the whole Walachia thing happens, and Arcuid's ending monologue seems to happen before she even meets Shiki. So I dunno.
Tessara
Addict

Unread postby that one guy » March 28th, 2009, 11:34 pm

Act Cadenza happens at different times. For example,
Arcs arcade mode in AC ends with the entire world of Tsukihime messed up. Shiki is stalking Arc to kill her for the first time, but she's already killed Nrvnqsr. And in Shikis, he's already met everybody.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » March 28th, 2009, 11:49 pm

In Arc's storyline in AC
it's more along the line of she ran into Chaos and smacked him around, nothing more.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby that one guy » March 29th, 2009, 3:23 am

I thought she killed him, then had doubts about whether Roa was there or not; cue Shiki the homicidal stalker.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mazyrian » March 30th, 2009, 2:50 pm

Yeah, some AC arcade routes seem to follow other continuities, like Acr's, or Sion.
MB story is after Sacchin's Normal - that's Word of God. I guess ReACT arcades after that - there's no reason for them not to be.
KT would be before MB - MB says that it happens year and a half after Tsukihime, while KT happens the following summer. Also, the whole Len thing. In fact, KT fits neatly in MB continuity, so it would be also after Sacchin's Normal.
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Michael Nanaya » April 12th, 2009, 9:18 pm

Tessara wrote:
AlinSabel wrote:

I've heard this several times before, too, and I've always wandered if that was the truth. I mean, it makes sense what with Sacchin being alive and vampiric, but some of the routes seem to take place at different times. Nanaya and some of the tataris' routes seem to happen after the whole Walachia thing happens, and Arcuid's ending monologue seems to happen before she even meets Shiki. So I dunno.

I don't think it follows the Sacchin route. (There was one? LOL just messin' with ya sacchin fans ;))
On MB's story mode, which I've been playing, there's a lot of references to Sacchin
since Sion is also a vampire
and in one of the endings Shiki says
that he refuses to do it again, to kill another vampire which is his friend, and stuff like that
Which means that the sacchin route happened. So, if it isn't Arc's Good Ending, it must be some kind of ending
where Sacchin dies and yet Shiki finds out about everything AND STILL gets to be with Arc (I mean, like lovers)
which is referenced in the first fight between Shiki & Sion.

Mind that I'm not talking about MB:AC, I'm talking about good ol' MB.

Correct me if i'm wrong plz.
Michael Nanaya
Posting more than n00bs

Next

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat