Type-moon MAD videos (youtube) (spoilers)

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Re: Type-moon MAD videos (youtube) (spoilers)

Unread postby bishopcruz » May 11th, 2009, 2:11 pm

Damn, AWESOME videos, can't wait for Clowns to be finished, it is looking really, really good. Bravo!

Quick question though, how is it you're able to single out a character from a particular shot (like Fujinon)? Do you do it frame by frame manually, or is there a good tool for it?

Can't wait to see more. Really, really great stuff.
bishopcruz
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Arayashiki » May 11th, 2009, 10:05 pm

bishopcruz wrote:Damn, AWESOME videos, can't wait for Clowns to be finished, it is looking really, really good. Bravo!

Quick question though, how is it you're able to single out a character from a particular shot (like Fujinon)? Do you do it frame by frame manually, or is there a good tool for it?

Can't wait to see more. Really, really great stuff.

Aww thanks alot.
That scene along with others was done with Keyframe masking, so yeah, essentially it's manually done frame by frame......really tedious. I actually need to tidy up the Fujino scenes. They are abit messy xD.
I'll replace the Beta with the full version when I get enough time to complete it.
Arayashiki
Might just like this board

Unread postby abscess » May 15th, 2009, 1:56 pm

Arayashiki wrote:I'll replace the Beta with the full version when I get enough time to complete it.

I'll be waiting for it then!

This is a video I found while lurking in YouTube. This are supposedly 4 openings for FSN. Even though it uses the same sequences from time to time and the video is low quality, whoever did this did a very good job:
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Arayashiki » May 16th, 2009, 10:35 pm

The video is now complete

If you want a HQ downloadable version let me know, and give me a few days to upload it
Anyway I hope you enjoy!
Arayashiki

Unread postby bahamut zero » May 17th, 2009, 9:12 pm

I would higly appreciate an uploaded HQ one^^
bahamut zero

Unread postby Arayashiki » May 19th, 2009, 4:46 am

EDIT
Okay, just to be on the safe side. I'll direct you to my profile at AMV.org,
The video available there is a clean, unwatermarked version. So I hope you enjoy it

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... _id=972196
Arayashiki

Unread postby abscess » June 20th, 2009, 10:46 am

It's one of the awesomest ones I've seen! :P
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Uberoy » June 20th, 2009, 1:48 pm

^That ^
Was great!
But I shall forgive you. Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained.
Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Catastrophe » June 25th, 2009, 6:31 am

abscess wins
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Arayashiki » June 25th, 2009, 1:10 pm

Eventually when I get the time to look into After Effects I'll definately try my hand with something like that, As the majority of footage used is just still pictures, it'd be quite a different experience to just working with video. In fact I imagine it's quite difficult to pull off something grand and amazing. Looks like alot of fun hough, I can't wait to attempt it.
Arayashiki

Unread postby zweiterversuch » July 9th, 2009, 4:42 pm

TSUKIHIME PROLOGUE TRANSLATED!
( I don't know if you have seen this one already.)
AFTER 4:50 min stop watching it. The Shin getter Tsukihime prologue will begin. (Why did you have to run Arc? Why?)

http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » July 10th, 2009, 2:46 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:TSUKIHIME PROLOGUE TRANSLATED!
( I don't know if you have seen this one already.)
AFTER 4:50 min stop watching it. The Shin getter Tsukihime prologue will begin. (Why did you have to run Arc? Why?)

"MAD" video indeed... in more ways than one :lol:
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby solopy567 » August 3rd, 2009, 3:43 am

This isnt a MAD, but if you watch it is so funny and i dont know why.

"Sion Eltnam is no more.
All there is left is a dead apostle who has inherited the name of TATARI.
Now.....Let's begin the Bloody Second Act." - Sion TATARI
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby mrthefter » August 17th, 2009, 4:02 am

mrthefter wrote:Pretty well done video, summarizes a lot of what happens in Heaven's Feel. Shouldn't need to be said, but spoilers.

And remember to hit the hq button. Youtube doesn't downscale hq videos very well..there's a non-hq version on the site as well, if you're on slow internet.

abscess wrote:
It's one of the awesomest ones I've seen! :P

lol repost. it's just that good, though

nice work on the knk one, Arayashiki. must've taken a long time, and i don't mean to be a critic, but there's so much happening at times, it's hard to see what's going on. but at least it's pretty.
mrthefter
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Arayashiki » August 17th, 2009, 7:42 am

mrthefter wrote:
nice work on the knk one, Arayashiki. must've taken a long time, and i don't mean to be a critic, but there's so much happening at times, it's hard to see what's going on. but at least it's pretty.

Nah criticsm is a good thing, as long as it's constructive and not destructive.

The youtube vid posted is less refined than the video I posted on the org. Watching it without the intruding watermark and with more clarity than something like youtube might leave you with a different impression. Though I do admit apart from all the sync and co-ordination, the video itself is somewhat hollow. I really had no intention of telling any sort of story. Anything that comes through like that is purely coincidental. The video was purely a test to see how well I could sync the beats and lyrics of the music with the video.
The video was only around 3 months in production, working on it around a couple of hours per week, whenever I had the spare time.
Thanks for the feedback!
Arayashiki

Unread postby abscess » August 18th, 2009, 5:11 am

Any intention of making another one but now "telling a story"?
abscess

Unread postby Arayashiki » August 18th, 2009, 5:40 am

Eventually. After all my exams are over I'll have some time to work on another. All I need is a central theme and a song
Any suggestions for either?
I'll take into serious consideration whatever you guys can come up with. Just don't expect it any time soon.
Last edited by Arayashiki on August 18th, 2009, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arayashiki

Unread postby abscess » August 18th, 2009, 6:13 am

Hmm.... that's a little difficult. Wat kind of music would you rather work on?

And to keep on topic: Found this one. It's very good. Props to the guy/rl that did it
abscess

Unread postby Arayashiki » August 18th, 2009, 11:43 am

Personally I'm keen to work with anything. If the lyrics are suited and mood the song establishes works well with what I'm trying to achieve.....
eg. That AMV I posted was really all to do with mystery and awe - (that's how I felt when first watching the movies)

Basically, give me a song suggestion, a focus, and perhaps a reason why you chose that song etc
If you can convince me why it works with Knk, I'll be inspired to work into it.
Any genre I'm fine with, if its in a foreign language supply me with lyrics or something
If I can I'd like to bring something new to the table.
I know I'm being vague and all, sorry
Arayashiki

Unread postby abscess » August 19th, 2009, 4:13 am

Hmmm... I'll see if I ever come up with something, but don't get your hopes up.
abscess

PreviousNext

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat