Character you dislike the most

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby TheRedArcher » April 6th, 2009, 3:21 pm

I seem to be the only person who likes EVERY single character in FSN in EVERY arc. Everyone is really cool or plays their part very well.
"Well, nobody's perfect" and "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
TheRedArcher
Addict

Unread postby Shourai » April 6th, 2009, 3:31 pm

TheRedArcher wrote:I seem to be the only person who likes EVERY single character in FSN in EVERY arc. Everyone is really cool or plays their part very well.
... Including cannon fodder. *twisted smile*
Shourai
Crack Addic!

Re: Character you dislike the most

Unread postby KojiroKouga » May 29th, 2009, 5:41 pm

Strange xD" I kinda feel sympathy for Zouken and even Shinji... but yeh, I would choose Assasin (not true Assassin), and.. Rin. Assassin because he is kinda boring and Rin since I hate girls like her =_= yeah next one would be miss loli Ilya. I´m german and.. goddamnit >O< why couldnt they get german voice actors when she talks/sings in German.. yeh I know why.. but anyway, I dislike this little brat.. but Berserker rulz xD"
KojiroKouga
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Pink » June 6th, 2009, 5:16 pm

I feel angry at Shinji for not being more fleshed out. I would have really liked to learn more about his child-hood past with Shirou. I meant I know about the spoiler, but still that wasn't really enough to get a feel for Shinji before said spoiler.

Oh, and I really dislike Saber for being an ignorant hypocritical selfish blind lady. This is why I like Heaven's Feel :3c.
Pink
Might just like this board

Unread postby Kikuchi » June 7th, 2009, 9:43 am

Sakura. Exactly the same reason why I hate Hinata from Naruto. :lol:
When will I get my 1337th post?
Kikuchi
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Oolinthu » July 29th, 2009, 4:34 pm

Frankly, I don't understand all the dislike for Hassan and Kojirou. I actually like both Assassins.

Although both of them are classified as evil according to the D&D alignments on their status pages, both of these "villains" are actually pretty nice compared to some of the other villains, and even some of the heroes.

Kojirou stops his fight with Saber and warns her when he spots Rider that something funny's going on. In UBW, he even stops Archer from killing Shirou, and fights Archer to allow Saber and Shirou to escape. He admits that he's essentially a stand-in playing the role of a hero who probably didn't exist, that he can't read or write and doesn't have a name of his own, and that there's no way he's getting any reward for his involvement in the Grail War. All he wants is a good sword fight before he disappears for good.

Hassan isn't cruel or sadistic as some have claimed. In fact, he's about as nice as he possibly could be given that he's working for Matou Zouken. He's pragmatic, and although it benefits him, he's merciful in the sense that he opts to go straight for the kill, while Zouken and Sakura prefer to torment their enemies. In one dead end, he tells Shirou that he'll kill him quickly to end his suffering. He kills Lancer rather than let him be absorbed and corrupted by the Shadow, and tries to do the same with Saber. In fact, he's probably responsible for Heavens Feel ending as well as it did - imagine if Shirou and Kirei had had to deal with Black Berserker and Black Lancer while trying to escape with Ilya, or if Shirou and Rider had had to take on Black Lancer and Black Saber at the same time. And while Kirei wants Angra Mainyu to be born, Gilgamesh wants to cleanse the earth of humanity, and Zouken wants physical immortality, Hassan just wants "immortality" in the form of his achievements being remembered by history.

Compare them with "good guys" like Rider and Sakura.

If you think about it, they're also the Servants who make the most of their abilities, who work the hardest and the smartest.

Saber and Gilgamesh are both incredibly powerful Servants who frequently misuse (in a pragmatic rather than moral sense of the word) their powers. They can usually get away with their poor decisions because they're so powerful, but they both end up being defeated on multiple occasions due to bad tactics on their parts. Saber gets fucked up by Kuzuki, bamboozled by Caster, defeated by Hassan, and outmatched by Shirou and Rider because, despite her constantly reminding Shirou not to underestimate his opponents, she routinely underestimates hers. Gilgamesh dies in every arc fighting opponents he could have and should have beaten because he's habitually careless and blinded by his own arrogance. In fact, the only fight he uses good tactics in is the one against Berserker, where he forces him to endure a constant bombarding of Phantasms by shooting them at Ilya, since if Berserker does anything other than take the hits and try to move forward, Ilya gets perforated.

Even the other Servants who aren't quite as strong and make use of better tactics still have powerful abilities to make things easier. Lancer has Gae Bolg, which is an insta-kill against anyone other than Saber or Berserker. Rider and Archer both have wide arrays of useful abilities. Caster can fire off spells that would take the most powerful modern magi at least 30 seconds of rituals or incantations in the space of one or two words.

Compare them to the Assassins. Kojirou is a frail Servant who was summoned improperly, forced into a class that doesn't really fit him, given a fixed supply of mana, and told to guard Ryodou temple against all comers. And he does just that. He mentions having sparred with every other Servant, and reportedly even repelled Berserker with a little help from Caster. He fights toe-to-toe with a full-strength Saber using only terrain advantage and pure skill, losing only because of Saber's deus-ex-machina instincts divining a hole in his technique, and the fact that he doesn't have a Noble Phantasm, just a well-crafted but ordinary sword. And he was running out of mana and fading from existence before the fight even started.

Hassan, when he is first summoned, has vastly inferior abilities, and according to Lancer can't even heal himself like every other Servant does. He couldn't even speak properly. All he has in the way of attacks are his throwing daggers and a mediocre Noble Phantasm. Despite this, he manages to outwit and defeat Lancer and Saber, both of whom have abilities that render them more or less immune to his one method of attack.
Last edited by Oolinthu on July 29th, 2009, 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oolinthu
Addict

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » July 29th, 2009, 7:38 pm

You know the mosaic guy that comes out every now and then? He always blocks my view, I hate him the most.
Are we Beast's Lair Lite? Are we?!
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby shadow_Hiei » August 2nd, 2009, 7:36 am

Ciel wins as far as characters that pissed me off the most go. Choosing pro-Ciel choices over pro-Arc choices were easily some of the most unnatural choices that I've ever had to make in a visual novel.

But on the other hand, she's also fairly likable when she's not being a stupid overly-combative zealot that enjoys jumping to conclusions. (which would be pretty much anytime that she fights during her route and most of her appearances in MB) (I don't think that she'd be a huge favorite even if she hadn't pissed me off, though; I went through Ciel's route second to last, and she was never higher than 4th place for me)

I used to despise Shinji, but I dunno... seeing him
go back to the guy that Shirou had become friends with and most likely feel guilt for what he had done
kinda softened my opinion of him a bit.

Sakura... I consider her to be the most physically attractive Type Moon girl, and she's alright when she's just hanging out, but she kind of gets on my nerves whenever she has story relevance.

I used to like him, but Arihiko was a jerk in SOS Nanako-chan.

Miyako hasn't done anything too bad yet, but she's walking on thin ice. I tend to despise the mischievous brat archetype.
shadow_Hiei
Addict

Unread postby Dark_Habit » August 2nd, 2009, 1:35 pm

Keeper of Gil's Vault wrote:You know the mosaic guy that comes out every now and then? He always blocks my view, I hate him the most.

Same here.
Life is but a River.
A continuous flow,relentless till it reaches its destination.
Rocks,rapids,falls hinder not the flow of the strong.
It has its ups,and its downs.
And in the end,peacefully.......
It dissipates into to vast Ocean.
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Catastrophe » August 2nd, 2009, 8:26 pm

CrimsonMoonMist wrote:the type-moon character you dislike the most and why,
No Shinji or Zouken.

i still see this as cheating...

i have come to like every single TM char except the above mentioned :/

Dark_Habit wrote:
Keeper of Gil's Vault wrote:You know the mosaic guy that comes out every now and then? He always blocks my view, I hate him the most.
Same here.

you guys know there is a patch for that, dont you?
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Dark_Habit » August 3rd, 2009, 10:39 am

Catastrophe wrote:
Dark_Habit wrote:
Same here.

you guys know there is a patch for that, dont you?

Yes there is, but it doesn't work, atleast in v3.2.
Le scenes are blank.
Life is but a River.
A continuous flow,relentless till it reaches its destination.
Rocks,rapids,falls hinder not the flow of the strong.
It has its ups,and its downs.
And in the end,peacefully.......
It dissipates into to vast Ocean.
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Oolinthu » August 3rd, 2009, 1:21 pm

If this forum were larger, I'd start an Assassin fan club.
Oolinthu
Addict

Unread postby Keeper of Gil's Vault » August 3rd, 2009, 2:42 pm

Isn't this thread about declaring your undying hatred for characters rather than praising them? However, I do agree Assassin has style.
Are we Beast's Lair Lite? Are we?!
Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Oolinthu » August 3rd, 2009, 3:04 pm

Maybe, but as I read through the thread I saw a lot of Hassan hate and a bit of Kojirou-dissing, so I had to represent. I did so in the form of that long-winded post higher up on the page that no one read. I see no reason why a thread about what characters you hate the most can't include devil's advocate defenses of those characters.

On topic in the strictest sense of the term, however: SHIKI, for being an ass, Fuji-nee for cockblocking, and Sakura for being an unlikable, failed attempt at a woobie.
Oolinthu
Addict

Unread postby Mazyrian » August 3rd, 2009, 9:47 pm

I did read the post about the Assassins, and I agree; as I have said somewhere else, Assassin is my favourite FSN character, for more or less the reasons you give, and you have a good point in True Assassin, though I still don't particularly like it (not that I dislike it).
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Ausdoerrt » December 23rd, 2009, 9:49 pm

I absolutely freaking hate Saber. She's just so boring and one-dimensional and seems to be a poor ripoff of Kenshin from Sengoku Rance.

Sakura is also pretty bad given that I tend to hate the timid types, but at least I don't feel like erasing her from existance.

Ciel wins as far as characters that pissed me off the most go. Choosing pro-Ciel choices over pro-Arc choices were easily some of the most unnatural choices that I've ever had to make in a visual novel.

But that means you just hate the way her route was done in the game and not the Curry Princess herself :P
Ausdoerrt
Addict

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » December 23rd, 2009, 10:38 pm

Ok I have to add Lio to that list after
seeing the Saliva Rape scene between him and Ryougi.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Oolinthu » January 5th, 2010, 12:45 pm

Ausdoerrt wrote:I absolutely freaking hate Saber. She's just so boring and one-dimensional and seems to be a poor ripoff of Kenshin from Sengoku Rance.

Sakura is also pretty bad given that I tend to hate the timid types, but at least I don't feel like erasing her from existance.

Saber one-dimensional? Far from it. She's actually one of the more well-rounded, well-developed characters, given that she experiences inner conflict between her feelings, beliefs, and duties, as well as full range of emotion, while still having her character remain consistent throughout all three arcs, as opposed to Sakura, who more or less behaves however the plot needs her to.
Oolinthu
Addict

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » January 6th, 2010, 2:42 pm

Yeah if you look at Saber through her route you can kind of see his point. As for the other two storylines it's a little bit different. I think he was going for the whole Saber suddenly falling for Shirou after the manga transfer and just went lovey-dovey over him I'm guessing.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Al-Cid Margrace » January 7th, 2010, 9:48 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:Ok I have to add Lio to that list

What the hell Lio's awesome D:
Al-Cid Margrace
Totally hardly posted

PreviousNext

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat