Character you dislike the most

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby xthr » January 29th, 2009, 5:17 am

NonExistence wrote:*massive flaming galore*

*PLEASE STAND BY*

ok... with that off my chest, WHY!? hating shirou is understandable. but how can you hate pure white loli more than you hate curry freak? and mikiya... i guess there's not much good to be said about him... but he DID stick with shiki for 2 whole years while she was in a coma. you can't deny that.

Okay maybe hating is too strong of a word for it. I have NO IDEA why either, but she somehow gets on my nerves throughout the story :<. I thought Ciel had some cool moments... but most of the time no. And I don't like Mikiya just because... HE GETS R SHIKI T__T. Jealousy is ugly, no?

Anyways, each to his or her own right? True Assassin and Kotomine are some of my favorite characters in Fate, and they're getting diss'd plenty. Oh, the only reason why I don't hate Sakura is because she goes insane. Otherwise, agree on the wooden character part.
xthr
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » January 29th, 2009, 5:22 am

I can actually understand why people would end up disliking Sakura. The reason for that would be she was totally broken in her own route. Although for some reason in the anime and the other routes she wasn't half bad. I think they overplayed the moe card and that is why some people disliked her in the end I guess.

The only reason I can see why anyone would dislike Illya is her two-faced persona she has while she is fighting, and while she is around in general. Although, that doesn't seem much of an excuse to dislike her though unless you hate lolis with a pashion, I guess.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Vhailor » January 29th, 2009, 10:24 am

Well, Shinji too is broken but still, he is hated by so much people :p. Your excuse, sir, is not available!
I don't really dislike any caracter in the nasuverse. It is easy to hate the bad guy but once you study him a bit, you understand that he was not evil at beginning but what they tries to do didn't turn as they expected so well, too bad.
Then, i have no compassion for some of them :
Arcueid and Ciel i guess.
Vhailor
Addict

Unread postby abscess » January 29th, 2009, 9:49 pm

gunwarrior wrote:I defy anyone to still hate him [SHIKI] after reading that story in KT

Hi, I still do :)
I do like him and dislike him though. But the dislike part is greater than the other one (which is partly based on the o-sum factor carried by his powers, thus not that strong).
Hmm.... Someone I dislike besides Shinji..... That one is hard! I mean, I even kinda liked Fake Shiki (though he was emo-ish)!
Every character has parts I hate and others that I like, listing those ones that have a bigger number of things I dislike would be more or less like this:
Gil.
Ilya (yes, I cannot like overly cute lolis/pets/almost any character)
SHIKI.
..... Ilya?
Hmm... probably Archer, though not quite sure.
Fake Shiki.
hm..... Perhaps Ilya again?
..... Shirou! (tends to vary with time)
---hm... I can't say Shinji!!
Sometimes Rin and Akiha do fit in this category.
Roa too, but probably because he wasn't all that fleshed out (at least not to me, or not as I remember it)
and Ilya.

Those are the ones that I can think of right now...
nobaka wrote:Sakura, followed closely by Assassin (not True Assassin).

She fails to inspire any empathy in me. In a character who is 190% trying to get sympathy, that's an issue. I find her to be wooden.

Yes, that has happened to me too. But ended up liking her after all.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby nobaka » January 29th, 2009, 11:40 pm

I actually like SHIKI. I'd be interested in more development of his character. Considering what happened to him, it's no wonder he's got such a grudge against Shiki. Hell, it's not like he WANTED to invert.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby that one guy » January 30th, 2009, 4:13 am

That's not entirely true. IIRC he said he enjoyed it and they said something about him not having remorse. He was still manipulated and might have been able to get better, but still.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby gunwarrior » January 30th, 2009, 4:29 am

that one guy wrote:That's not entirely true. IIRC he said he enjoyed it and they said something about him not having remorse. He was still manipulated and might have been able to get better, but still.

Well the same could be said for Nanaya Shiki =/
gunwarrior
Addict

Unread postby Rikh » January 30th, 2009, 3:20 pm

Kouma...

That overpowered freakish thing

Also... Shinji gets really annoying from time to time

oh and naruto
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Shourai » January 30th, 2009, 3:25 pm

Rikh wrote:oh and naruto
Seconded.
Shourai
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Sovran » January 30th, 2009, 5:27 pm

Shirou, Shinji
Sovran
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby kaerstan01 » January 30th, 2009, 6:23 pm

Sovran wrote:Shirou, Shinji

and the fake shiki :lol:

btw, i like naruto, not the series but just naruto alone(ok, half of him) :P
OMGz teh geek!!! GAL will yah? ;p
kaerstan01
Addict

Unread postby nobaka » January 30th, 2009, 6:33 pm

that one guy wrote:That's not entirely true. IIRC he said he enjoyed it and they said something about him not having remorse. He was still manipulated and might have been able to get better, but still.

Yes, but again, that was after he inverted. Before that, they were pretty damn close as I understand.

Besides, Drinking Dreaming Moon ftw.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby that one guy » January 30th, 2009, 8:13 pm

Wasn't DDM fan made? Regardless, yeah, they were really close before he inverted. All three of them.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby nobaka » January 30th, 2009, 11:36 pm

that one guy wrote:Wasn't DDM fan made? Regardless, yeah, they were really close before he inverted. All three of them.

DDM was made by Takehiyo. Whoever the fuck that is. Still awesome, though.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » January 31st, 2009, 5:41 am

nobaka wrote:
that one guy wrote:Wasn't DDM fan made? Regardless, yeah, they were really close before he inverted. All three of them.

DDM was made by Takehiyo. Whoever the fuck that is. Still awesome, though.

Yes, but I still dislike SHIKI for some unknown reason.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Qaynan » February 1st, 2009, 3:39 am

Wait! Why not Shinji...
He's so easy to hate!
Other than Shinji... I' have to say probably Ciel... It's been so long that I finished Tsukihime... and I can't even remember why I hated her. But basically, that's the only thing I remember about her... A profound and deeply rooted hatred.
Zouken wasn't that bad. Sure he was an a**. But he was good at it at least making him an enjoyable character. Shinji was an a** that failed. That's horrible.
And seriously... I love Kotomine and Hassan. Both of them have such a way of talking... and of manipulating others. It's totally awesome. As bad guys, they are extremely enjoyable ones.
The fact that Hassan pwned Saber and made her shut her trap was good too... seriously, how many times did she tell Shirou to not underestimate the enemy... She should practice what she preaches. I was sad he didn't get to rip her heart :'(
The magical energy emitted against the mere human called Tohsaka Rin is OVER 9000!!!!!
Qaynan
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby nobaka » February 1st, 2009, 7:24 pm

Qaynan wrote:
And seriously... I love Kotomine and Hassan. Both of them have such a way of talking... and of manipulating others. It's totally awesome. As bad guys, they are extremely enjoyable ones.
The fact that Hassan pwned Saber and made her shut her trap was good too... seriously, how many times did she tell Shirou to not underestimate the enemy... She should practice what she preaches. I was sad he didn't get to rip her heart :'(

Standby for nerd raeg.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby kaerstan01 » February 1st, 2009, 8:33 pm

nobaka wrote:
Qaynan wrote:

Standby for nerd raeg.

my kind of entertainment :lol: :lol: :lol:
OMGz teh geek!!! GAL will yah? ;p
kaerstan01
Addict

Unread postby Qaynan » February 2nd, 2009, 1:23 am

nobaka wrote:
Qaynan wrote:

Standby for nerd raeg.

Nerd raeg?! what's that? sorry but I'm actually not that into leet speak... I actually might have used "pwned" but that's hardly leetspeak anymore... give it 2 years and it'll be in the dictionary.
If you mean nerd rage? well isn't this whole thread about that? Or am I missing the point?
And I wasn't really going "enraged" I was mostly defending two extremely likable villains that so many people seem to hate.
(I do admit that I kinda dislike saber... and I have truly enjoyed every moment she suffered in game... but that's beside the point...)
But please excuse me if I was being a "noob" (This one should be in the dictionary pretty soon too).
The magical energy emitted against the mere human called Tohsaka Rin is OVER 9000!!!!!
Qaynan
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » February 2nd, 2009, 2:36 am

I think they were mentioning on how a certain Saberphile(s) might of wanted to rage because of what you've mentioned about Saber earilier I'm guessing. I mean truth be told you made it sould like she was rather annoying in HF with what you've posted eariler though, but in actuality she isn't the kind to prattle on during a fight unless it's with someone who would do such at thing. And yes I'm talking about Gil.

In any case after seeing chapter 5 of Kara no Kyoukai I have to say I'm disliking Araya Soren's partner since he seemed too crazy for my tastes. Besides Ihad no problems with Soren at all since he was pretty good for a ruthless magus.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

PreviousNext

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat