A question (possible spoilers)

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Mamgusic
Totally hardly posted

A question (possible spoilers)

Unread post by Mamgusic » November 14th, 2008, 10:17 pm

Hello first time poster long time reader!

Recently I got into a conversation about the different abilities that appear in the nanuverse. My conversation had to do with the difference between the demon hunters and a magus. I had always thought that the demon hunters were four families each with their own pshyic powers, and a magus was a person who used magecraft through the use of magic circuits. However my opponent in this conversation stated that pshyic powers are just another name for magic circuits.

Basically my question is what is the difference magic circuits and pshyic powers, or is it really just the same thing with two different names.

gexer64
Crack Desu!

Unread post by gexer64 » November 15th, 2008, 2:54 am

► Show Spoiler
In a single answer lies a thousand questions.

Tash
Addict

Unread post by Tash » December 16th, 2008, 8:09 pm

Could someone repeat without the in-depth pseudo-science?

Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » December 16th, 2008, 9:37 pm

I guess the sort version for the magus side of things that magic circuits are basically the way they can use thier magecraft. In any case for a Magus they tend to use a thing known as a Magus Seal/Crest so they can instantly use magic that the maugs' family is involved with. Although only one child can get it's full ability while the others are ignorant about it.

As for the demon hunters part the only thing that comes to mind is the incestious bit and that's about it for most of the families. As for Ryougi Shiki and Tohno Shiki's abilities they were brought into existance by a near death moment. As for Asagami Fujino it might be the incestious thing since she's the only one that was born with her powers.

Now for the Tohno familiy, they kind of had a demonic bloodline to begin with. So if you think of it that way it might shed some light onto the demon hunter faimly in another way as well.

Although this is my speculation on this so I'm not sure if tis info would be considered right or not.

Keeper of Gil's Vault
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Keeper of Gil's Vault » December 17th, 2008, 5:15 am

I am not too savvy about Tsukihime side of the Nasuverse, but from what I've read, gexer is correct. The traits of the Demon Hunters are mostly caused by genetics and must be preserved through inbreeding. They are genetic mutations that grant the users abilities sometimes even surpass sorcery. Shiki's eyes are a great example. Mystic eyes can be achieved by magi by charging their eyes like circuits, but Shiki's mystic eyes are natural. Instead of just transmit visual signals to the brain, they also transmit the death of the object. Furthermore, unlike spells or magi's version of mystic eyes, Shiki's do NOT require mana. Bloodline abilities are definitely not related to circuits or crests.