Ryougi vs Nanaya [Spoilers]

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » February 5th, 2009, 8:14 pm

Ok this now may make it a bit dicy to actually continue this topic here. So it's probablly be best to take anything related to this thread should be continued in the Strongest Type-Moon character thread.

viewtopic.php?t=373
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby NonExistence » February 6th, 2009, 6:33 am

... so Message shuts down "teach me minna-san" just because it strayed into the topic of powerlevels, but not "ryougi vs. nanaya", which was MADE to talk about powerlevels on? :shock:
Whenever I go on, everyone leaves the Tsukihime forums. 'Cause I just fail like that.
NonExistence
Crack Addic!

Location: The Strong and Free Giant Block of Ice in the True North

Unread postby that one guy » February 6th, 2009, 7:07 am

I think thats because it went off topic.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby shirou12 » February 6th, 2009, 12:21 pm

Well i think we are just comparaing the power levels of both families, that was what thread is all about. But its up to the admin.
shirou12
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » February 6th, 2009, 10:49 pm

Atriel wrote:Finally. Thank you, Message.

Well, it does come out as a surprise. I didn't participate in them anymore, but I did check them to see how "TM savvy" I was and will be troublesome for whenI want to write a certain fic. Doubt I'll miss them too much though.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Could we count this thread as an exception to the rule?

Unread postby Iiyo » February 10th, 2009, 5:41 am

The way I see it, Ryougi and Nanaya are constantly going to have comparisons made to each other, thanks to their similar natures. Could we please count this thread as another exception to the rule just so that we can make sure that all the Ryougi Shiki and Nanaya Shiki comparisons done mostly in this thread?
Iiyo
Might just like this board

Unread postby Message » February 10th, 2009, 7:31 am

You guys just don't know when to shut up, do you? Must I really hold you by your hand all throughout the forums?

Fine, thread exempt from the powerlevel rule, but only because KnK is a hot topic at the moment.

Unread postby Iiyo » February 10th, 2009, 8:08 pm

Bedankt.

Well, with that, I guess I'll continue the fun discussion then!

nanaya_shinya wrote:
Iiyo wrote:Kid-Wolf and nobaka, I'm talking about Tohno Shiki with Nanaya side fully awakened when I say Nanaya Shiki, and I believe it does take place inside the cafe.

If you listened more closely, after beating the crap out of Araya Souren, Nanaya Shiki, and Neko Arc inside the cafe she was saying something like "I even attacked the waiter (Nanaya) who just wanted to stop me."

Meaning, Nanaya didn't even tried to fight Ryougi because she's a customer and he's a waiter.

Well, that's what happened in "All Around TYPE-MOON: Ahnenerbe no Ichinichi"

Ah, I only heard it from someone else, so thanks for clearing that up.

shirou12 wrote:3. Nanaya Shiki is already dead and he was walking on thin line through Akiha's power, so we can assume that he is already weakened.

Personally, I'm talking about the Nanaya Shiki that has full life force again.

shirou12 wrote:4. If Ryougi Shiki and Nanaya Shiki fight, Ryougi is more likely to win because NANAYAS ARE NOT MEANT TO FIGHT HUMANS. In short, they can't fight full force against humans, especially Nanaya Shiki who received only less or almost no training.

This point has been made a couple of times, but I think that's completely wrong. Nanaya Shiki's murder impulse might be triggered by non-humans, but when he feels like killing... he's really not that discriminate, nor does he somehow suddenly get weaker or lose the will if he's fighting against a human. If anything, if he's fighting a human, he should be able to fight better because he's more capable of dealing with their limits and abilities, while non-humans have all sorts of weird powers.

Overall, I think it's fairly clear that Ryougi Shiki would defeat Nanaya Shiki. Also, Ryougi Shiki could always use her katana, and then Nanaya Shiki really wouldn't stand a chance. The only real way I see Nanaya Shiki having a chance of defeating Ryougi Shiki is if he tried to assassinate her from the shadows...
Iiyo

Unread postby Vhailor » February 10th, 2009, 8:18 pm

Vhailor
Addict

Unread postby abscess » February 11th, 2009, 4:01 am

Vhailor wrote:http://nrvnqsr.proboards20.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=print&thread=4059

Interesting document concerning powerleveling.

Shiki is pathetically weak. Because Nrvensqr was a "caster" type vampire Shiki was able to kill him. If it were other "warrior" type he would have been long dead.

-The big issue. I will try to gather more information.

Dammit.... This kinda puts it kinda hard for me to continue with a fic I was working at......
Well, he did get pwned quite hard by a crappy enemy I put there, though...
Ryogi Shiki is stronger than Nanaya/Tohno Shiki. She has better eyes, better sword technique.

Stated in the Type-Moon Drama CD: "All Around Type-Moon".
Nanaya Shiki fails to defend against Ryogi's knife attacks. As a result he falls down unconcious.

I think this thread just got killed now.... I really thought that Nanaya would win!

Nanaya Shiki sometimes disguises as a panda and apparently the Panda is the mentor of Miyako Arima

Can be inferred from the "Character Material" (considering that at the back of the panda it says "nanatsuyoru" the knife that shiki uses) as well as in game "MBAC Ver.B PC" (try selecting Miyako and Nanaya as a team)

.... o.O
Since when Nanaya can move in his own and cares about Miyako? Why the hell would he do that?
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » February 11th, 2009, 5:55 am

Maybe Nanaya Shiki is really a lolicon, while Tohno Shiki would think that "A cat is fine too." :lol:
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » February 11th, 2009, 6:56 am

lol

Even Ryougi Shiki (male persona) can't beat Nanaya/Tohno Shiki there.
He truly is an unequaled demon! :lol:
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby Iiyo » February 11th, 2009, 5:32 pm

http://nrvnqsr.proboards20.com/index.cg ... hread=4448

More fun facts about Shiki.

Here's a translation out of Kara no Kyoukai, the sword fight against Alaya Souren.
Beast's Lair's Creativemasta wrote:The moment she opened her eyes,This was the true form of araya's fear.The Magician cursed his own foolishness...to think that there was actually a clan that inherited this swordsman's Karma to this day.

Araya knew this one fact. For the ancient samurai swordsman, a distance of 3 Kan (Approximately 5 meters) was no different to a distance of zero...for that shiki(W/Katana) a distance of 5 kan ,a distance of 9 meters, she'll be able to close it in just a single footstep.

Nobody knew her true style of battle.he had concluded that ryogi shiki was a user of knives, he couldn't have been wrong...but here lay her true ability.She is actually a Killer who wields Katana as her primary means of offense. The she that stood before him was stronger... Far stronger than she whom he had seen countless times before in her battle.

Also, Nanaya Shiki as sexual harassment panda? o.O
Iiyo

Unread postby shirou12 » February 12th, 2009, 1:30 pm

I cant trust those random facts posted on beastlair, it has full of holes. Read at the comments

Just a guess, how about kiri vs ryougi's head?
shirou12
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Vhailor » February 12th, 2009, 4:38 pm

In the other hand, it seems Taiga Fujimura is better than Ryougi Shiki when it only comes to skills in swordmanship (not counting her uber katana thing or the magan ect ect.). I get this from Beast Lair but i haven't any hint concerning the source but assuming Baiken and others are serious, this is really interesting concerning the conception of strenght.
I mean, in my understanding of Shiki and even Nanaya Shiki, they are physically weak but this isn't important since they are assassin-type caracters. Especially Nanaya since he would act more like a machine type and look for full efficiency without embarassing himself with emotions. But still, they are not fighters. (I haven't read Kagetsu Toya.)
At the contrary, Ryougi Shiki seems closer to the warrior-type.

Finally, i would say powerleveling is pointless : / .

If someone could confirm the source concerning the fact about Taiga, i ll be pleased :)
Vhailor
Addict

Unread postby Iiyo » February 12th, 2009, 7:38 pm

shirou12 wrote:Just a guess, how about kiri vs ryougi's head?

Can't say for sure with the complete lack of detail about them, but I guess it would be a good fight, and I suppose kiri would win.

Vhailor wrote:In the other hand, it seems Fujimura Taiga is better than Ryougi Shiki when it only comes to skills in swordmanship (not counting her uber katana thing or the magan ect ect.). I get this from Beast Lair but i haven't any hint concerning the source but assuming Baiken and others are serious, this is really interesting concerning the conception of strenght.

Well, from what I can tell, it seems like both Ryougi Shiki and Fujimura Taiga, under normal circumstances, have the same level of skill. The Beast's Lair thread Shiki w/ Katana says that part of it is just circumstances they're used to. Like, Taiga could beat Ryougi Shiki in a Kendo match, but Ryougi Shiki would defeat Taiga in a swordfight to the death even without the Mystic Eyes or speed.

Vhailor wrote:I mean, in my understanding of Shiki and even Nanaya Shiki, they are physically weak but this isn't important since they are assassin-type caracters. Especially Nanaya since he would act more like a machine type and look for full efficiency without embarassing himself with emotions. But still, they are not fighters. (I haven't read Kagetsu Toya.)

I get what you're saying, but I do think that Ryougi Shiki fights like an assassin-type most of the time, just like Nanaya Shiki. It's just that when she uses a sword, she unleashes her full strength as a warrior-type.

Vhailor wrote:If someone could confirm the source concerning the fact about Taiga, i ll be pleased :)

Kara no Kyoukai Chapter 2 DVD commentary, iirc.
Last edited by Iiyo on February 13th, 2009, 11:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Iiyo

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » February 12th, 2009, 7:45 pm

Wait Tiger got comentary on the second Kara no Kyoukai DVD!? :shock:

Why wasn't I informed of this, and is it just text or is it kind of a gag interview or soemthing around that order?
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby shirou12 » February 13th, 2009, 4:06 pm

but to be honesty nanaya shiki really is awesome when he gets serious.
shirou12
Crack Addic!

Unread postby nobaka » February 13th, 2009, 6:16 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:Wait Tiger got comentary on the second Kara no Kyoukai DVD!? :shock:

Why wasn't I informed of this, and is it just text or is it kind of a gag interview or soemthing around that order?

It is delicious justice. Taiga needs more respect.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby deathknight » March 19th, 2009, 1:16 am

Iiyo wrote:Can't say for sure with the complete lack of detail about them, but I guess it would be a good fight, and I suppose kiri would win.

I don't think Kiri can win. He did have the affair with Ryogi's mother before he dumped her back then for Nanaya's mother. He would probably have to watch his back from a jealous wife while fighting the Ryogi head.

In the other hand, it seems Fujimura Taiga is better than Ryougi Shiki when it only comes to skills in swordmanship.
Well, from what I can tell, it seems like both Ryougi Shiki and Fujimura Taiga, under normal circumstances, have the same level of skill. The Beast's Lair thread Shiki w/ Katana says that part of it is just circumstances they're used to. Like, Taiga could beat Ryougi Shiki in a Kendo match, but Ryougi Shiki would defeat Taiga in a swordfight to the death even without the Mystic Eyes or speed.

Where did you get this info? Assuming its true why would Taiga lose in a swordfight if shes better than Ryougi Shiki? That doesnt make sense. And what about Ryogi Shiki vs the FSN Assassin Servant Kojiro? Now that would be an interesting fight since that Servant only uses sword skills against Ryogi.

Vhailor wrote:I mean, in my understanding of Shiki and even Nanaya Shiki, they are physically weak but this isn't important since they are assassin-type caracters. Especially Nanaya since he would act more like a machine type and look for full efficiency without embarassing himself with emotions. But still, they are not fighters. (I haven't read Kagetsu Toya.)

I get what you're saying, but I do think that Ryougi Shiki fights like an assassin-type most of the time, just like Nanaya Shiki. It's just that when she uses a sword, she unleashes her full strength as a warrior-type.

Plus it seems that Tohno/Nanaya Shiki can take more damage from fighting than Ryogi who always seem to go unconscious after a tough fight (Shiki vs Nero for instance). I'd say Ryogi Shiki has a combination of assassination skill inherited from her Nanaya blood and some warrior ability from her Ryougi bloodline so she kind of has the best of both worlds but lacks a specialization that Nanaya Shiki has for assassin type killing.
If you look carefully at her fight with Fujino was a combo of charge straight ahead that sacrificed her arm and sneaky jumping around type of maneuvering thats like both a fighter and ninja combo.

[b]
deathknight
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat