Ryougi vs Nanaya [Spoilers]

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby nobaka » March 19th, 2009, 1:24 am

Kid-Wolf wrote:Maybe Nanaya Shiki is really a lolicon, while Tohno Shiki would think that "A cat is fine too." :lol:

That would start to explain the White Len and Nanaya Shiki thing in MB.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » March 19th, 2009, 7:01 am

deathknight wrote:I'd say Ryogi Shiki has a combination of assassination skill inherited from her Nanaya blood...

ho?

And where exactly did you get that information?

It's like you were saying that Ryougi Shiki and Nanaya/Tohno Shiki are related by blood.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby shirou12 » March 19th, 2009, 12:39 pm

The only probable relationship that tohno/nanaya shiki has with ryougi shiki is that they are both came from the families that hunts demons. but ryougi shiki is not a part or has no blood relationship with nanayas, her movements and stats are came from her own not from nanayas. after all even if ryougi is a good swordsman, nanaya is a good assassin, it doesnt mean that sword always wins against a knife.
shirou12
Crack Addic!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » March 19th, 2009, 1:41 pm

After watching the last Oav of KnK I doubted even more Shiki would ever beat Ryougi.

I mean...the girl is a damn killing machine...

but then I remembered shiki killed dogs, lions and even dragons and crab like things while fighting nero...

so I am not sure anymore...

I guess it depends on the mood of the author rather than on the characters abilitites since they would kick each other asses in many ways...
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » March 19th, 2009, 2:01 pm

that is why "Ryougi Shiki and Nanaya/Tohno Shiki must NEVER meet in the same timeline and the same 'world'."

the only way that they could met was in that cafe, and in All Around Type-Moon, Ryougi Shiki met was, in Arcueid's words "incomplete/half-assed satsujinki" Nanaya.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby zweiterversuch » March 19th, 2009, 5:17 pm

nanaya_shinya wrote:that is why "Ryougi Shiki and Nanaya/Tohno Shiki must NEVER meet in the same timeline and the same 'world'."

the only way that they could met was in that cafe, and in All Around Type-Moon, Ryougi Shiki met was, in Arcueid's words "incomplete/half-assed satsujinki" Nanaya.

When did Arc say that?
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Kcuf » March 19th, 2009, 5:26 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:
nanaya_shinya wrote:that is why "Ryougi Shiki and Nanaya/Tohno Shiki must NEVER meet in the same timeline and the same 'world'."

When did Arc say that?

I guess it's from the official drama-cd: All Around TYPE-MOON.
It features the heroines of Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night and Kara no Kyoukai meeting in a cafe.
EDIT: Found a picture of the CD-cover:
(WARNING!! Big Pic!)
Kcuf
Addict

Unread postby zweiterversuch » March 19th, 2009, 8:07 pm

I am so going to get that!

but...is that japanese only or is there an english version already?
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby shirou12 » March 20th, 2009, 12:01 pm

then if arc said that nanaya is the "incomplete/half-assed satsujinki" then who the hell is the real satsujinki?

i wonder is nanaya can use his signature move "kyoukushi nanaya" to ryougi using his assassination techniques.
shirou12
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kikuchi » March 20th, 2009, 12:15 pm

Even so, Ryougi is by far a more accomplished fighter than him. She has better Eyes and techniques, and longer reach if she uses her katana. Hence, it wouldn't be so easy for him to land that technique on her; the higher possibility being him slashed to death first. :P
When will I get my 1337th post?
Kikuchi
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » March 20th, 2009, 3:05 pm

As I sated before I kind of doubt they would fight each other since Tohno/Nanaya Shiki looks similar to Kokuto Mikiya he may inadvertantly charm her with the Tohno Gland beore they even fight each other. Unless they were in the middle of fighting something inhuman and crossed paths during said fight the that could be a different setup though.

In any case if the latter happened it might be if they finish off the inhuman beast and were still in a fighting mood the might try and take each other out, until one side gets bored with fighting of course.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Iiyo » March 20th, 2009, 7:26 pm

nanaya_shinya wrote:
deathknight wrote:I'd say Ryogi Shiki has a combination of assassination skill inherited from her Nanaya blood...

ho?

And where exactly did you get that information?

It's like you were saying that Ryougi Shiki and Nanaya/Tohno Shiki are related by blood.

Seconded. Where did you get that info from?

Also, Nasu is very weird and inconsistent about the two Shikis and others being in alternate realities. Tsukihime deliberately references Rakkyo in a several ways, and not just in the ways that Tsukihime characters resemble Rakkyo characters. Fate/stay night, in turn, references Tsukihime and in the Heaven's Feel good end mentions Touko. Even though on the one end Nasu argues they are separate universes, on the other end he also tries to bring the universes together.

Also, the real satsujinki can be found here.
Iiyo
Might just like this board

Unread postby shirou12 » March 21st, 2009, 7:54 am

satsujinki to be precise is still him ryt?

but even ryougi has a higher reach, we cant say that she has a better techniques, afterall nanaya's techniques are also good.
shirou12
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kikuchi » March 21st, 2009, 8:20 am

shirou12 wrote: we cant say that she has a better techniques, afterall nanaya's techniques are also good.
First, Tohno Shiki isn't trained in Nanaya techniques as he is supposed to be to unleash the full potential of the Nanaya arts. Second, Ryougi Shiki is by far more adept than him in combat techniques; she has more experience, even handling various weapons. And last, Ryougi has boobs (refer to the earlier explanation in this thread). 8)
Kikuchi
Crack Desu!

Unread postby kaerstan01 » March 21st, 2009, 12:28 pm

Kikuchi wrote:
shirou12 wrote: we cant say that she has a better techniques, afterall nanaya's techniques are also good.
First, Tohno Shiki isn't trained in Nanaya techniques as he is supposed to be to unleash the full potential of the Nanaya arts. Second, Ryougi Shiki is by far more adept than him in combat techniques; she has more experience, even handling various weapons. And last, Ryougi has boobs (refer to the earlier explanation in this thread). 8)
shiki's "not so honed skills" were enough to take down DAA's(talk about having more experience, duh...) , DA's, and a powerful half demon. he even went against an immortal executioner and a raging "true ancestor". I admit that rakkyo movies have its kick ass animated battle scenes, but try and compare the likes of araya or fujino to those guys from tsukihime... and not to mention, those vampire punks and magi from "Prelude" and "Talk" that shiki himself overwhelmed.

And about the knife vs katana thing. if you guys knew about the fight between pacquiao and de la hoya. even sports critics discussed about "the golden boy"s advantages over "pacman" for having a better reach and body mass and power (also called power level by geeks) were pretty amazed by the outcome. Point is, the smaller a weapon is, the easier (and quicker) it is to maneuver. every weapon has its pro's and con's and it just depends on the wielder.

Anyone could win in a 2D fictional fight which is far beyond reality :lol:

But yeah, im biased towards nanaya coz hes a killing machine (Roa mentioned it himself), and i love cool stuff!!! 8)
OMGz teh geek!!! GAL will yah? ;p
kaerstan01
Addict

Unread postby Kikuchi » March 21st, 2009, 12:58 pm

kaerstan01 wrote:
Kikuchi wrote:
shiki's "not so honed skills" were enough to take down DAA's(talk about having more experience, duh...) , DA's, and a powerful half demon. he even went against an immortal executioner and a raging "true ancestor". I admit that rakkyo movies have its kick ass animated battle scenes, but try and compare the likes of araya or fujino to those guys from tsukihime... and not to mention, those vampire punks and magi from "Prelude" and "Talk" that shiki himself overwhelmed.
I think it's been made clear that Shiki only won the fight against Nrvnqsr because he is a caster-type DAA... Once he's against the full brute type, he'd be minced away, no doubt... And ultimately...sorry Shiki fans, canon materials stated that Ryougi won, hands down. 8)

Boobs ftw. 8)
Kikuchi
Crack Desu!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » March 21st, 2009, 1:21 pm

^ He is right.

We know that Shiki is cool and all but that is no reason to think he is the best.
It is true that the nanaya family was the most powerfull demon-hunter family, but we are talking about a Nanaya that never absolved his assasin training and has nothing more than some memories of his past and a "killer mode".
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby kaerstan01 » March 21st, 2009, 2:00 pm

Kikuchi wrote:
kaerstan01 wrote:
Kikuchi wrote:[quote="shirou12"] we cant say that she has a better techniques, afterall nanaya's techniques are also good.
I think it's been made clear that Shiki only won the fight against Nrvnqsr because he is a caster-type DAA... Once he's against the full brute type, he'd be minced away, no doubt... And ultimately...sorry Shiki fans, canon materials stated that Ryougi won, hands down. 8)

Boobs ftw. 8)[/quote]pfft.... caster type? is he some hero from FS/N :lol:
oh wait, i remember reading a thread in the beast lair forum about power levels and that nero was stated to be a caster type but no one really had a valid argument regarding that. sorry but nero's true form is brute enough for me lmao. Bottom line is, shiki pawned nero's head period 8)

btw, whats so "canon" about shiki of tsukihime meeting shiki of rakkyo? it doesn't make any sense :shock: and lol at that character material(Drama CD). it wasn't even a fight, kid :lol:

meh, whatever, as long as she's also named shiki, that'd be fine with me. even if she beats the hell out of the uber cool lady killer satsujinki :lol:

still... shiki tohno/nanaya ftw!!! (yah i'm one of hes biggest fan after all, cool/badass dudes ftw!! :P ) :lol:

@zweiterversuch
dude, nobody said something about shiki being the best in terms of fighting capabilities, he is what we call a wild card. And hes like one of the weakest mediocre bastard in the so called nasuverse lol :lol:
oh, but he is the "best" BAMF alright :roll: 8) but thats just me, im his fan afterall :P
OMGz teh geek!!! GAL will yah? ;p
kaerstan01
Addict

Unread postby Kikuchi » March 21st, 2009, 3:51 pm

Fanboys... they never learn no matter what you say, do they?

Even Shirou facepalmed at you.

Character material is canon, and you deny it... Drown in your ideals idol and die. 8) Oh btw, Shirou owned Gil. And Gil was like.... 5 times stronger than normal Servant and even stronger than Arcueid?
Kikuchi
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Shourai » March 21st, 2009, 4:04 pm

^What he said. Time to wake up, kid. The world isn't just limited to your 4 x 4 room, you know. 8)

You say "T. Shiki owned Nero, period", I say "he got owned by Ryougi, period." 8) It wasn't a fight? Who cares, the words of God (Nasu) is law. 8)
Shourai
Crack Addic!

PreviousNext

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat