Question about Mikiya's clothing

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Question about Mikiya's clothing

Unread postby deathknight » September 30th, 2008, 2:25 am

I don't know if its the same in the book but in the KnK movies Mikiya is 99% of the time shown wearing black clothes. Is there some kind of symbolism behind that that Nasu was trying to tell? I can't figure out what it means (though it definitely makes Mikya look like the cool assassin more than Shiki's kimono wear)

Anyway my real question is anyone know of any good stores in the US that sell that cool black shirt and black pants he wears? I really like them but I'm not sure what kind of material its made of. Is it a black silk or nylon sweatshirt? What kind of pants are those? I'm talking about the clothes he wears in the picture below. I've visited Sears and some department stores but I can never find that kind of black casual wear Mikiya wears for everyday use. Does anyone have suggestions or websites I can look up? Thanks.

deathknight
Addict

Unread postby Sepheriel » September 30th, 2008, 2:53 am

To be honest it could be a lot of different fabrics. The shirt looks like cotton with maybe some polyester mixed in. The pants look like pleated cotton pants. I would try ebay, amazon, or google shopping to find anything like what is in the pictures.
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » September 30th, 2008, 2:58 am

As for color, I could say I've got the set (black shirt [minus the collar], black pants and glasses), but it's stupid to wear that kinda clothing here, too much heat. I'm not too sure, but this seems more like a "fashion topic" or something to do with clothing, not so much as of type-moon stuff. Anyway, I think it's pretty easy to get something like that, long-sleeved black shirts are somewhat common I guess, and black cotton pants too. Have you tried a "GUESS" store (or whatever it's named)? There is another brand, but I just can't remember it, something that starts with a D, "Dokers" or something like that. I usually just go with jeans and a common shirt, so I wouldn't know much about clothing.
Just go to some of those stores, ask for a plain cotton long-sleeved black shirt and some black pants of the same fabric, with just a bit o' luck you can get some black shoes too, the glasses... well that depends on the crappiness of your eyesight :P
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby ayadew » September 30th, 2008, 7:38 am

The shirt he uses is called a "turtle-neck", that might help you
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » September 30th, 2008, 7:48 am

I used to wear that exact same set that Mikiya wears, minus the glasses.

That was like... 3 years ago.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby Tash » September 30th, 2008, 9:04 am

Black shirt and black pants is a bad idea in general. You'd be surprised how many people don't understand that black only works if it's contrasted properly. If you absolutely must go with a dark outfit, purple/certain shades of blue on black is a much better alternative. (although any color goes with black, except more black)
Tash
Addict

Unread postby ayadew » September 30th, 2008, 10:27 am

Tash wrote:Black shirt and black pants is a bad idea in general. You'd be surprised how many people don't understand that black only works if it's contrasted properly. If you absolutely must go with a dark outfit, purple/certain shades of blue on black is a much better alternative. (although any color goes with black, except more black)

Yes, I'd say his pants are black (which always looks good), but a dark blue/blue color for the shirt would be much better.
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » October 1st, 2008, 5:59 am

Give him a high school uniform and he'll look like Shiki Tohno/Nanaya's clone. :lol:

I found my black turtle neck! It does not fit anymore T_T
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat