Demon Hunter Organization

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby hoennsquall » August 20th, 2008, 2:11 am

the families are Nanaya, Asagami, Ryougi and Fujyou right?

so, are there any other known family members besides:

Nanaya: Shiki, Kiri
Ryougi: Shiki
Asagami: Fujino
Fujyou: Kirie, Hisui, Kohaku

oh, and what's the status of the families now *only one i know is the Nanayas, was destroyed by the Tohnos*
hoennsquall
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » August 20th, 2008, 4:01 am

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Demon_Hunter_Organization wrote:Demon Hunter Organization
From TYPE-MOON Wiki

The Demon Hunter Organization (退魔組織 Taima soshiki) is an important element of the Nasuverse within the stories of Tsukihime, Kara no Kyoukai, and Kagetsu Tohya. Though it is not often referred to directly it is related to many of the core characters of those stories. The Organization is made up of four families all of whom have a psychic ability. The Organization's main opponent are the Kishu bloodline of demons which partially included the Tohno Family.
[edit] The Families

Nanaya

Considered one of the most powerful families. Their psychic ability is a form of jougan (eyes of purity) that allows them to see people easier and see emotions(?). What makes them so powerful is their assassination skills which allow them incredible athletics and acrobatics (running/walking across walls like spider). Their skills and ability were transferred through bloodline, there Nanaya were incestuous to maintain the bloodline. Nanaya Kiri was the head of this family and also was one of the best assassins of the Organization. The family was slaughtered by Kishima Kouma who was ordered by Tohno Makihisa. One child survived the attack, Kiri's son, Nanaya Shiki who would later become known as Tohno Shiki.

Fujyou

The exact ability of this family is vague but it is described as having a superior view of the world through blindness. The family seems to have collapsed though the exact cause is unknown. Known descendants of the family include: Fujyou Kirie, who had the ability to project a ghost image of herself, as well as Hisui and Kohaku, who had the synchronizer's ability to give life through fluid sharing (ie: intercourse).

Ryougi

The ability of this family is to create multiple personalities within themselves. The personalities are used to gain multiple skills (ie: one for acting normal and one for fighting). When a child is born they are given one name written two different ways in Kanji. This family is apparently still active but no longer fighting demons. The only known descendant of the family is Ryougi Shiki.

Asagami

The ability of this family is powerful telekinesis. This family's main branch collapsed but one of the minor branches still exists (but is a business organization). The only known descendant of the family is Asagami Fujino. It is unknown if the family bears any relation to the Asagami Private Girls Academy that Tohno Akiha attends.

The movie points out the difference by having Ryougi Shiki pronounce the name of the main branch as "Asakami" whereas the minor branch remains "Asagami". The novel does not point out this difference.

I think that may be of help.
Edit: Spoiler-tagged just in case.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby zweiterversuch » August 20th, 2008, 11:21 am

Wow...I didn't know that.

Fujino was actually a demon huter, huh?
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby AlinSabel » August 20th, 2008, 11:53 am

She was descended from a family of demon hunters, but I don't think any of them have anyone that's actively hunting demons. Like, both Shikis go out and kill supernatural things, but it's not like they hunt them... either they get attacked by them or they get sent out after them.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » August 20th, 2008, 1:21 pm

AlinSabel wrote:She was descended from a family of demon hunters, but I don't think any of them have anyone that's actively hunting demons. Like, both Shikis go out and kill supernatural things, but it's not like they hunt them... either they get attacked by them or they get sent out after them.

Hmmm... I think that "being sent after them" kinda counts like hunting them.
Anyway, I think it's safe to assume that in the Tsuki-verse the Tohno family is the only one active and nothing can be concluded about the Ryougi family. In the KnK-verse the Tohno and the Ryougi are active. All the rest of the families have stopped that sort of activity for one reason or other, or at least it stopped being the main priority.

Edit: Added spoiler-tags just in case.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby zweiterversuch » August 20th, 2008, 2:14 pm

abscess wrote:
AlinSabel wrote:She was descended from a family of demon hunters, but I don't think any of them have anyone that's actively hunting demons. Like, both Shikis go out and kill supernatural things, but it's not like they hunt them... either they get attacked by them or they get sent out after them.

Hmmm... I think that "being sent after them" kinda counts like hunting them.
Anyway, I think it's safe to assume that in the Tsuki-verse the Tohno family is the only one active and nothing can be concluded about the Ryougi family. In the KnK-verse the Tohno and the Ryougi are active. All the rest of the families have stopped that sort of activity for one reason or other, or at least it stopped being the main priority.

Edit: Added spoiler-tags just in case.

I must remind you: the Nanaya clan is dead. Shiki is the only one and I think he doesn't do that willingly
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby abscess » August 20th, 2008, 6:24 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:
I must remind you: the Nanaya clan is dead. Shiki is the only one and I think he doesn't do that willingly

I don't see what does that has to do with what I said before (that may be because I'm really, reaaaally lacking sleep right now [1 single hour of sleep and then going to class so damn early is like torture...]).
T-Shiki, even though he is from the Nanaya clan, he doesn't care much about it and has accepted his life as a Tohno. Yes, Akiha is supposed to be the one to do the grunt work and she won't let Shiki go out and kill demons (or vampires or whatever), but he still does. He did it in Tsukihime and did it in Melty Blood, and, if I remember correctly, it is implied in melty that he helped Ciel in getting rid of the remaining Dead (though I'm not really sure about that). What does that mean? Shiki goes out hunting for demons when he is out patrolling the city.

As for the remaining families, I would like to know if there is some sort of official explanation on what happened to the Fujyos and Asagamis (or Asakamis, since those are, or were, the main branch).

Now, if you will excuse me, I'll see how long I can remain awake until I can't even think straight. Later.
abscess

Unread postby Ryanbomber » August 20th, 2008, 9:11 pm

abscess wrote:
T-Shiki, even though he is from the Nanaya clan, he doesn't care much about it and has accepted his life as a Tohno. Yes, Akiha is supposed to be the one to do the grunt work and she won't let Shiki go out and kill demons (or vampires or whatever), but he still does. He did it in Tsukihime and did it in Melty Blood, and, if I remember correctly, it is implied in melty that he helped Ciel in getting rid of the remaining Dead (though I'm not really sure about that). What does that mean? Shiki goes out hunting for demons when he is out patrolling the city.

I think "a vampire is/was actively attacking the city you live in" counts as extraordinary circumstances, even if you're on cleanup duty. If I dive in after someone who's drowning, that doesn't make me a lifeguard.

If he leaves town and starts hunting vampires actively, then it's time to call him a hunter.

So basically exactly what he does when he becomes Shikiller.
Ryanbomber
Might just like this board

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat