Shiki plus Rule Breaker equals?

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Shiki plus Rule Breaker equals?

Unread postby hoennsquall » July 21st, 2008, 9:59 am

Shiki can trace lines of death as long as he wields a sharp object right?

Rule Breaker is a sharp weapon that doesn't do physical damage...

now, question is, can Shiki trace those lines of death if he wields Rule Breaker....

been bugging for a while now....
hoennsquall
Crack Addic!

Unread postby ayadew » July 21st, 2008, 10:18 am

I'm sure Rule Breaker being unable to do "physical damage" would equal to it not being very sharp... because it does exist as a physical object?
Anyway, that's quite a stupid thing to go wondering about, since noone knows how much force you actually need to inflict damage on lines of death. =p
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby hoennsquall » July 21st, 2008, 10:23 am

i see, but since a friend of mine told me that, it's been stuck to my head....
hoennsquall
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Einherjar » July 21st, 2008, 12:55 pm

Something's bugging me for an while too. I mean, if Shiki's eyes are what kills, then he doesn't need to be the person that cut it, as long as he sees it. (?)
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Re: Shiki plus Rule Breaker equals?

Unread postby Mazyrian » July 21st, 2008, 1:48 pm

hoennsquall wrote:Shiki can trace lines of death as long as he wields a sharp object right?

now, question is, can Shiki trace those lines of death if he wields Rule Breaker....

I think Rule Breaker does physical damage; IIRC the description says that it does the damage a normal knife would do

Einherjar wrote:Something's bugging me for an while too. I mean, if Shiki's eyes are what kills, then he doesn't need to be the person that cut it, as long as he sees it. (?)

No, only the person with the eyes can cut the lines; interacting with the lines is part of the ability of the eyes (and I think that he must be touching the object that cuts it, so he can't, for example, fire an arrow)
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby feuhrer » July 21st, 2008, 2:24 pm

Shiki can trace lines of death as long as he wields a sharp object right?

In a bad end of fate route, caster cut shirou arm whit rule Breaker when u choose to go fight to Ryūdōji instead rest. Or am I wrong?

the question should be.... shiki + Rule Breaker = kill servants?
feuhrer
Might just like this board

Unread postby Raitei » July 21st, 2008, 2:45 pm

feuhrer wrote:the question should be.... shiki + Rule Breaker = kill servants?
that doesn't really matter. as long as shiki's eyes cannot comprehend the "dots" of servants, it's already determined no matter what kind of weapon he holds. :P
even though he cut the servant-master connection, servants' status won't change. they still exist only as embodiments of the third magic.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Re: Shiki plus Rule Breaker equals?

Unread postby Einherjar » July 21st, 2008, 4:20 pm

Mazyrian wrote:
Einherjar wrote:Something's bugging me for an while too. I mean, if Shiki's eyes are what kills, then he doesn't need to be the person that cut it, as long as he sees it. (?)

No, only the person with the eyes can cut the lines; interacting with the lines is part of the ability of the eyes (and I think that he must be touching the object that cuts it, so he can't, for example, fire an arrow)

That's what I thought too. There are no logical explanations behind it? (TYPE-MOON always have...)
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Mazyrian » July 22nd, 2008, 1:15 am

What I think it happens is that the eyes don't give the ability to see lines and dots that already exist, but give the ability to kill, and the brain translates that ability as something more easily comprehensible, in this case, lines and dots that can be cutted and stabbed
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Einherjar » July 22nd, 2008, 2:03 am

Mazyrian wrote:What I think it happens is that the eyes don't give the ability to see lines and dots that already exist, but give the ability to kill, and the brain translates that ability as something more easily comprehensible, in this case, lines and dots that can be cutted and stabbed

That's what I though too. I was thinking something more like the eye acknowledge the line being cut. By activating the eye, it doesn't modify your body so you can't kill.
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby abscess » July 22nd, 2008, 1:18 pm

There already is a thread discussing Shiki's freaky eyes in this forum:
viewtopic.php?t=879
And as far as I know, someone who doesn't have the eyes of death perception can't interact with the lines or dots, so there is no real risk of someone other than Shiki cutting a line or stabbing a dot by accident. It has to be Shiki.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat