So...Kara no Kyoukai movie 2

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

So...Kara no Kyoukai movie 2

Unread postby Cat Megex » June 25th, 2008, 11:04 pm

...Loved the Len/White Len cameo. XD

EDIT: Jouji Nakata!
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 506
Joined: May 19th, 2008, 10:41 pm
Location: The US

Unread postby Alucard » June 26th, 2008, 1:05 am

Anyone know if the OST actually has track names?
Eternity is wasted upon the likes of you.
User avatar
Alucard
Addict
 
Posts: 118
Joined: February 18th, 2008, 3:50 am

Unread postby Cat Megex » June 26th, 2008, 1:32 am

Alucard wrote:Anyone know if the OST actually has track names?


We'll find out when the CDs get released, I suppose?
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 506
Joined: May 19th, 2008, 10:41 pm
Location: The US

Re: So...Kara no Kyoukai movie 2

Unread postby Yendi » June 26th, 2008, 1:38 am

Cat Megex wrote:...Loved the Len/White Len cameo. XD




Cat Megex also wrote:EDIT: Jouji Nakata!

Yeah, suffice it to say that bricks were shat when I heard that he'd be playing Araya Souren. I think it's very interesting, seeing as Kotomine and Souren are fairly similar, at least from what I've read.
User avatar
Yendi
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 30
Joined: May 12th, 2008, 9:06 am

Re: So...Kara no Kyoukai movie 2

Unread postby Cat Megex » June 26th, 2008, 2:17 am

Yendi wrote:


Yup. (And from right before that, with the UFO Catcher, when they got the plushies.) Also, question relating to that scene:
So did Kokutou take the plushies home when Shiki left?


Cat Megex also wrote:EDIT: Jouji Nakata!

Yeah, suffice it to say that bricks were shat when I heard that he'd be playing Araya Souren. I think it's very interesting, seeing as Kotomine and Souren are fairly similar, at least from what I've read.


"Kinoko Nasu even quotes people from ufotable as saying, 'Jouji is best for Araya. Araya is best for Jouji.'"
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 506
Joined: May 19th, 2008, 10:41 pm
Location: The US

Unread postby Atriel » June 26th, 2008, 6:11 am

:shock: The second one is out? I just watched the first one and it kicked ass. Since i have yet to read Kara No Kyoukai (well, i read a tiny bit) , all the time i was wondering "WTF is Shiki?!"
I had the thought that she was a girl from before, but since i saw flatness i started doubting.
Umm... i'll spoil tag that last bit just in case.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: October 21st, 2007, 3:49 am

Unread postby AlinSabel » June 26th, 2008, 7:30 am

LOL. That was a sort of 'plot point' in the novels, actually.
In the novels, they don't refer to Shiki using any gender specific pronoun. It's only until the end of (I think) the first chapter that they go 'because you're a girl, yknow' (or something to that effect), that the reader is informed that Shiki is a girl. In the English translations, this couldn't be carried over as we don't use 'it' to refer to people (well, we do for people we hate, I suppose), nor is there a widely accepted/understood gender neutral pronoun that can be used without sound awkward and calling attention to the unspecified gender.
User avatar
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 726
Joined: April 1st, 2008, 10:49 pm

Unread postby Alucard » June 26th, 2008, 2:14 pm

Cat Megex wrote:We'll find out when the CDs get released, I suppose?


So, you know now then?

EDIT:
Eternity is wasted upon the likes of you.
User avatar
Alucard
Addict
 
Posts: 118
Joined: February 18th, 2008, 3:50 am

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » June 26th, 2008, 6:29 pm

KnK3 is looks like its going to be fucking amazing, from the preview at least. I have no clue about the story, only that it's in Tsukihime's world, the red chick is
Aoko's sister
and everyone looks like a character from Tsukihime (the dude looks like Shiki, even though Shiki is Shiki and has the eyes, etc).

But still, I'm loving these movies.
KILL! MAIM! BURN! - Kharn the Betrayer
User avatar
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 371
Joined: December 23rd, 2007, 6:45 am
Location: Behind you with a loli

Unread postby Cat Megex » June 26th, 2008, 10:30 pm

Alucard wrote:So, you know now then?

EDIT:


XD Not very imaginative, but still kinda unique.
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 506
Joined: May 19th, 2008, 10:41 pm
Location: The US

Unread postby Catastrophe » June 27th, 2008, 12:14 am

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:(...) even though Shiki is Shiki (...)

that, and people die when they're killed :roll:
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
User avatar
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 734
Joined: December 18th, 2007, 3:40 am
Location: Trust me.... you DONT wanna know.

Unread postby abscess » June 27th, 2008, 12:24 am

Erm... actually KnK isn't in the same world as Tsukihime as far as I know. Plus+Disk states that they take place in some sort of parallel universes or something along those lines. I think it says that some character from Tsukihime could appear in KnK (as side stories or doujins or such) but T.Shiki and R.Shiki could never be in the same place for some reason.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
User avatar
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
 
Posts: 1939
Joined: April 25th, 2008, 10:08 am
Location: Parmistan lol

Unread postby Cat Megex » June 27th, 2008, 2:25 am

abscess wrote:Erm... actually KnK isn't in the same world as Tsukihime as far as I know. Plus+Disk states that they take place in some sort of parallel universes or something along those lines. I think it says that some character from Tsukihime could appear in KnK (as side stories or doujins or such) but T.Shiki and R.Shiki could never be in the same place for some reason.


That's correct.

My idea for why that's so: so much awesomeness could not be contained in one area and would cause a rip in the space/time continuum.
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 506
Joined: May 19th, 2008, 10:41 pm
Location: The US

Unread postby Infoceptor » June 27th, 2008, 2:57 am

Some of my thoughts on #2:

Much better then the first movie in my opinion. There were little action scenes but instead, we have good character development. And by character development, i mean Mikiya. I really, really like him for some reason. I can't be the only one too. Something about him is so genuine. I mean, he's genuinely a nice guy. I don't need to tell anyone how rare that really is, myself included. Not only that but he is also extremely perceptive. We can easily see from our overlooking view that Shiki, deep down, is a good person, a tsundere if you may. But could you say the same thing if you were in Mikiya's shoes? After being treated coldly and ignored, threatened with your life, seeing her multiple personalities, seeing her covered in blood at a murder scene and even confessing to it? He saw through Shiki and knew that she was worth putting faith into and by the end, we can see he was correct. And the part where he camps outside her house, night after night? You've got to give it to him, thats dedication. Well, overall, it really is just a standard romance if you take out the blood but the characters and atmosphere really put it over the top for me.
Infoceptor
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 15
Joined: March 7th, 2008, 6:44 pm

Unread postby Cat Megex » June 27th, 2008, 3:18 am

Infoceptor wrote:We can easily see from our overlooking view


Intentional or not?
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 506
Joined: May 19th, 2008, 10:41 pm
Location: The US

Unread postby abscess » June 27th, 2008, 3:27 am

Cat Megex wrote:My idea for why that's so: so much awesomeness could not be contained in one area and would cause a rip in the space/time continuum.

That, or it's just that T.Shiki doesn't exist in R.Shiki's world and vice versa :D

Infoceptor wrote:Some of my thoughts on #2:

Much better then the first movie in my opinion. There were little action scenes but instead, we have good character development. And by character development, i mean Mikiya. I really, really like him for some reason. I can't be the only one too. Something about him is so genuine. I mean, he's genuinely a nice guy. I don't need to tell anyone how rare that really is, myself included. Not only that but he is also extremely perceptive. We can easily see from our overlooking view that Shiki, deep down, is a good person, a tsundere if you may. But could you say the same thing if you were in Mikiya's shoes? After being treated coldly and ignored, threatened with your life, seeing her multiple personalities, seeing her covered in blood at a murder scene and even confessing to it? He saw through Shiki and knew that she was worth putting faith into and by the end, we can see he was correct. And the part where he camps outside her house, night after night? You've got to give it to him, thats dedication. Well, overall, it really is just a standard romance if you take out the blood but the characters and atmosphere really put it over the top for me.


I also liked it a lot for the same reason you give. We finally get to know both characters in a deeper sense, much deeper than just hinting their relationship, what happened in KnK 1. And yes, Mikiya is quite a nice guy, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't do that if I were in his position, I've had my share of crazy people in my life and would rather get involved with someone sane, so I'm pretty sure I'd dump her ass! I still like those kind of characters and I can still get involved with someone not completely sane, but not at a romantic level :?

Camping outside her house was a bit over the top for me, not bad just exaggerated, perhaps because I didn't understand it completely. What was he doing exactly? waiting for her to come out and follow her (supposing he realizes that she went out) to see if she is actually the killer? or just expecting her to come out so they could talk and share a cup of coffee/tea/that mysterious brown liquid?
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
User avatar
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
 
Posts: 1939
Joined: April 25th, 2008, 10:08 am
Location: Parmistan lol

Unread postby Cat Megex » June 27th, 2008, 3:54 am

abscess wrote:That, or it's just that T.Shiki doesn't exist in R.Shiki's world and vice versa :D


Oh, sure, go with the easy answer. XD

Camping outside her house was a bit over the top for me, not bad just exaggerated, perhaps because I didn't understand it completely. What was he doing exactly? waiting for her to come out and follow her (supposing he realizes that she went out) to see if she is actually the killer? or just expecting her to come out so they could talk and share a cup of coffee/tea/that mysterious brown liquid?


That's actually explained a bit better in the book chapter; I don't remember what his reasoning was, though.
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 506
Joined: May 19th, 2008, 10:41 pm
Location: The US

Unread postby ayadew » June 27th, 2008, 8:13 am

Not sure if I like the balance of music in these two movies, it is quiet when characters talk, which they do a lot.. then music comes in and hits you with what seems to always be a great tune. For example
when Mikiya started camping around Shiki's house and did so for quite a while

I've loved every song (which I can remember) so far.
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
User avatar
ayadew
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 601
Joined: December 11th, 2007, 9:25 pm
Location: Sweden

Unread postby Chunky-MonkeyLOL » June 27th, 2008, 9:19 am

Cat Megex wrote:
abscess wrote:Erm... actually KnK isn't in the same world as Tsukihime as far as I know. Plus+Disk states that they take place in some sort of parallel universes or something along those lines. I think it says that some character from Tsukihime could appear in KnK (as side stories or doujins or such) but T.Shiki and R.Shiki could never be in the same place for some reason.


That's correct.

My idea for why that's so: so much awesomeness could not be contained in one area and would cause a rip in the space/time continuum.


Wait,

But then how would Aoko's sister be in this world yet, Aoko isn't? Aoko stole the glasses from the red haired sorceress in this series. Unless you mean that both sisters exist in both worlds.
KILL! MAIM! BURN! - Kharn the Betrayer
User avatar
Chunky-MonkeyLOL
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 371
Joined: December 23rd, 2007, 6:45 am
Location: Behind you with a loli

Unread postby Infoceptor » June 27th, 2008, 10:06 am

Cat Megex wrote:
Camping outside her house was a bit over the top for me, not bad just exaggerated, perhaps because I didn't understand it completely. What was he doing exactly? waiting for her to come out and follow her (supposing he realizes that she went out) to see if she is actually the killer? or just expecting her to come out so they could talk and share a cup of coffee/tea/that mysterious brown liquid?


In the end, its probably going to come down to your interpretation. The most obvious reason would be to reassure himself that she wasn't a killer and was safe at night. But personally, i felt that he also wanted to "safeguard" Shiki. What exactly was he "safeguarding" Shiki against? In a sense, herself. I think Mikiya realized she was wandering out at night doing god knows what and that if he camped outside her house, she would hesistate to go. If he stayed by her side, she would think twice before doing something crazy and his presense, in a sense, would normalize her out. Out of all the people in the world, he was probably the closest one to her and therefore, the only person whom she didn't want to fail by committing morally ambiguous acts at the dead of night. In short, he is acting as her conscience. Hope that made sense.
Infoceptor
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 15
Joined: March 7th, 2008, 6:44 pm

Next

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests