So...Kara no Kyoukai movie 2

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Kansho » June 27th, 2008, 10:18 am

Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:Wait,

But then how would Aoko's sister be in this world yet, Aoko isn't? Aoko stole the glasses from the red haired sorceress in this series. Unless you mean that both sisters exist in both worlds.
Aoko and Tohko exists always in normal Nasuverse. Is only that theorically, if the events in Kara no Kyoukai happen, then Tsukihime events can't happen. That's why you can call it parallel universes.

Tohko is even mentioned in
Heaven's Feel True End.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby AlinSabel » June 27th, 2008, 10:43 am

Eh~ The Nasuverse character chart!

That's the latest one I have. :( Don't know if there is one that's even more updated...
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » June 27th, 2008, 10:47 pm

AlinSabel wrote:Eh~ The Nasuverse character chart!

That's the latest one I have. :( Don't know if there is one that's even more updated...

Holy---!!!
That's cool! I'm savin' this!
But I have some questions on this chart. Who is Yamase Akemi? I don't remember seeing her in KT. And I think a "love" arrow is missing going out from Miyako towards Shiki. Dunno anything from F/SN and KnK.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Tarnan » June 28th, 2008, 8:27 am

abscess wrote:Who is Yamase Akemi?

Little Spoiler for Side Story Dawn in KT:
She's the sister of the girl that gets eaten by Nero in Tsukihime. In Dawn, this girl is revived as him, and at home she meets her sister Akemi.
Tarnan
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby abscess » June 28th, 2008, 9:54 am

Tarnan wrote:

She's the sister of the girl that gets eaten by Nero in Tsukihime. In Dawn, this girl is revived as him, and at home she meets her sister Akemi.

Ahhh!
I only remembered her as the girl that got munched by a dog and "inherits" Nrvnqsr's powers by getting out of Shiki and ends up being killed by him so as to go back to be Shiki's... whatever it is that Shiki uses to get patched up. But I thought that that story was written by someone else than Nasu, wasn't it? Is that story "canonical" in any way?
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby ayadew » June 28th, 2008, 6:06 pm

Tarnan wrote:

That was one of (if not) the best stories in TK actually
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby animefanzmg » June 28th, 2008, 10:50 pm

I liked this movie alot. Better than the first and I liked that alot. It was very accurate to the novel unlike the first one. I really enjoyed the details in way they did the character interaction. and of course the artwork music, atmosphere, and overall presentation was absolutly steller.
I showed it to one of my friends and he didn't get it, but I thought the movie was far more self explanitory compared to the first one (which is why i showed him this one first), which i dont know how someone who didn't read the book or really paid attention would understand it completely.
lol at into 17 pieces
animefanzmg
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Alucard » June 29th, 2008, 11:11 am

I watched the movie then read the chapter, and liked it.
Eternity is wasted upon the likes of you.
Alucard
Addict

Unread postby Neko Arc » July 2nd, 2008, 7:37 pm

Kansho wrote:
Chunky-MonkeyLOL wrote:Wait,

But then how would Aoko's sister be in this world yet, Aoko isn't? Aoko stole the glasses from the red haired sorceress in this series. Unless you mean that both sisters exist in both worlds.
Aoko and Tohko exists always in normal Nasuverse. Is only that theorically, if the events in Kara no Kyoukai happen, then Tsukihime events can't happen. That's why you can call it parallel universes.

Tohko is even mentioned in
Heaven's Feel True End.

Touko is not mentioned, and if they are talking about her, it's bullshit for anyone who have read KnK.
Neko Arc
Might just like this board

Unread postby iclim4 » July 3rd, 2008, 12:08 am

Infoceptor wrote:
Cat Megex wrote:
Camping outside her house was a bit over the top for me, not bad just exaggerated, perhaps because I didn't understand it completely. What was he doing exactly? waiting for her to come out and follow her (supposing he realizes that she went out) to see if she is actually the killer? or just expecting her to come out so they could talk and share a cup of coffee/tea/that mysterious brown liquid?

In the end, its probably going to come down to your interpretation. The most obvious reason would be to reassure himself that she wasn't a killer and was safe at night. But personally, i felt that he also wanted to "safeguard" Shiki. What exactly was he "safeguarding" Shiki against? In a sense, herself. I think Mikiya realized she was wandering out at night doing god knows what and that if he camped outside her house, she would hesistate to go. If he stayed by her side, she would think twice before doing something crazy and his presense, in a sense, would normalize her out. Out of all the people in the world, he was probably the closest one to her and therefore, the only person whom she didn't want to fail by committing morally ambiguous acts at the dead of night. In short, he is acting as her conscience. Hope that made sense.

Very well said. ^_^
iclim4
Crack Addic!

Location: My Mommy told me not to give out personal information in the internet.

Unread postby abscess » July 3rd, 2008, 3:12 am

iclim4 wrote:
Infoceptor wrote:
Cat Megex wrote:
Camping outside her house was a bit over the top for me, not bad just exaggerated, perhaps because I didn't understand it completely. What was he doing exactly? waiting for her to come out and follow her (supposing he realizes that she went out) to see if she is actually the killer? or just expecting her to come out so they could talk and share a cup of coffee/tea/that mysterious brown liquid?

In the end, its probably going to come down to your interpretation. The most obvious reason would be to reassure himself that she wasn't a killer and was safe at night. But personally, i felt that he also wanted to "safeguard" Shiki. What exactly was he "safeguarding" Shiki against? In a sense, herself. I think Mikiya realized she was wandering out at night doing god knows what and that if he camped outside her house, she would hesistate to go. If he stayed by her side, she would think twice before doing something crazy and his presense, in a sense, would normalize her out. Out of all the people in the world, he was probably the closest one to her and therefore, the only person whom she didn't want to fail by committing morally ambiguous acts at the dead of night. In short, he is acting as her conscience. Hope that made sense.

Very well said. ^_^

Ummm.... I don't wanna sound like an a-hole or anything but, please get your quotations right.... :?
abscess

Unread postby Cat Megex » July 3rd, 2008, 3:36 am

abscess wrote:
iclim4 wrote:
Infoceptor wrote:[quote="Cat Megex"]

Very well said. ^_^

Ummm.... I don't wanna sound like an a-hole or anything but, please get your quotations right.... :?[/quote]

I agree...the first quote here wasn't mine.
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby iclim4 » July 3rd, 2008, 3:52 am

Cat Megex wrote:
abscess wrote:Ummm.... I don't wanna sound like an a-hole or anything but, please get your quotations right.... :?

Wait....What?
I'm just complimenting Infoceptor for a very good, well thought out post. :?
iclim4
Crack Addic!

Location: My Mommy told me not to give out personal information in the internet.

Unread postby abscess » July 3rd, 2008, 10:52 pm

iclim4 wrote:
Cat Megex wrote:
abscess wrote:Ummm.... I don't wanna sound like an a-hole or anything but, please get your quotations right.... :?

Wait....What?

Yeah, and I agree with info, he made a sound argument. But he/she/it misquoted, and you quoted his/her/it's misquoting :). It's just to... let you know and... stuff..... whatever.
Ehm.... anyway, back on topic :D
I read somewhere that R.Shiki was hit by a car and that's the reason why she got into a coma for 2 years (I think that's also said in the first chapter from the novel and in the first movie). There is no such scene like that in the movie. After we see R.Shiki on top of Kokuto showing how cool her knife was to him, the screen gets black and we see an engine sound and a car stopping but no hit.
Do the characters say that R.Shiki was hit by a car because that's what they say as to not make her flip-out or hide something from her (as in T.Shiki's case), or was she actually hit by a car?
abscess

Unread postby Cat Megex » July 4th, 2008, 12:38 am

abscess wrote:Ehm.... anyway, back on topic :D
I read somewhere that R.Shiki was hit by a car and that's the reason why she got into a coma for 2 years (I think that's also said in the first chapter from the novel and in the first movie). There is no such scene like that in the movie. After we see R.Shiki on top of Kokuto showing how cool her knife was to him, the screen gets black and we see an engine sound and a car stopping but no hit.
Do the characters say that R.Shiki was hit by a car because that's what they say as to not make her flip-out or hide something from her (as in T.Shiki's case), or was she actually hit by a car?

You're forgetting that the name of the movie was "Murder Study (Part One)" (Or "Murder Inquiry", or whatever you prefer). That means that there's going to be a "Murder Study (Part Two)" (Which is the same as with the chapters).

...I don't actually know whether or not Part Two is a continuation of Part One, though...>_> *is currently on Void Shrine*
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » July 4th, 2008, 2:20 am

Cat Megex wrote:
abscess wrote:Ehm.... anyway, back on topic :D

You're forgetting that the name of the movie was "Murder Study (Part One)" (Or "Murder Inquiry", or whatever you prefer). That means that there's going to be a "Murder Study (Part Two)" (Which is the same as with the chapters).

...I don't actually know whether or not Part Two is a continuation of Part One, though...>_> *is currently on Void Shrine*

Hmm... you are right, but Murder Study 2 isn't translated.... Is the Baka-Tsuki translation project of KnK stalled? because I haven't seen any change in it, at least not in the english trans for some time. Also, does any one know if there is a date for the third chapter of the movie to be out?
abscess

Unread postby Cat Megex » July 4th, 2008, 2:35 am

abscess wrote:Also, does any one know if there is a date for the third chapter of the movie to be out?

That one's easy: it's 7/26, plus or minus a couple days.
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby AlinSabel » July 4th, 2008, 2:39 am

English translation of the novel stalled for a few months, the translator is apparently back and working on chapter 5 at the moment.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby iclim4 » July 4th, 2008, 4:12 am

abscess wrote:
iclim4 wrote:
Cat Megex wrote:[quote="abscess"]
Ummm.... I don't wanna sound like an a-hole or anything but, please get your quotations right.... :?

Wait....What?

Yeah, and I agree with info, he made a sound argument. But he/she/it misquoted, and you quoted his/her/it's misquoting :). It's just to... let you know and... stuff..... whatever.
[/quote]
Ummm... Ok?
Yup that happened.
I'm currently reading the novel to suppliment the movie.
There's much more dialogue in the novel and some of the weird dialogue in the movie makes much more sense now.
I'd really recommend reading the novel counterpart after each movie.
iclim4
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » July 4th, 2008, 4:25 am

iclim4 wrote:
abscess wrote:
iclim4 wrote:[quote="Cat Megex"][quote="abscess"]

Wait....What?

[spoil]I read somewhere that R.Shiki was hit by a car and that's the reason why she got into a coma for 2 years (I think that's also said in the first chapter from the novel and in the first movie). There is no such scene like that in the movie. After we see R.Shiki on top of Kokuto showing how cool her knife was to him, the screen gets black and we see an engine sound and a car stopping but no hit.
[/quote]
Ummm... Ok?
Yup that happened.
I'm currently reading the novel to suppliment the movie.
There's much more dialogue in the novel and some of the weird dialogue in the movie makes much more sense now.
I'd really recommend reading the novel counterpart after each movie.[/spoil][/quote]
Yeah! I recently went through the first chapter, and found it kinda lacking when compared with the movie in some parts (pretty weird, huh?). But Shiki was a bit more developed in the book, as is expected, than in the movie. I haven't read the second chapter, is it better than the movie? in what aspects?.
abscess

PreviousNext

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat