Where do I find them?

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Where do I find them?

Unread postby Midnight Dawns » June 10th, 2008, 2:22 am

I have been trying to find a legit copy of both Melty Blood React and Tsukihime but have had no luck. When I asked a merchant who sold vintage and export games (the one time I saw Melty Blood but had no money) he said as far as Tsukihime goes I should just download it. While that is all nice and fine I would like ot have a physical copy. Anyone have any suggestions?
Midnight Dawns
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby WingZero » June 10th, 2008, 3:02 am

Yahoo!J Auctions is probably your best bet.

Lurk it everyday and see if you can find a copy. (And pray it doesn't say "no international shipping")
(Use an intermediary if you must)

Even if you do miraculously find one, be prepared to shell out a lot of money.
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread postby marus » June 10th, 2008, 3:51 am

Pay attention to what you're buying too. Fake copies have been known to go up from time to time.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » June 10th, 2008, 6:35 am

Indeed. Those bootlegs are mostly sold on eBay though, so Yahoo Japan Auctions is relatively safe. But be careful either way. (And be VERY careful on eBay...)

Unread postby Miraploy » June 10th, 2008, 10:46 am

Tsukihime is out of print. Your chances of finding a legit copy are frankly slim.

But this game is worth it, whether you buy a legit copy or a bootleg one.
Miraploy
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Superflonic » June 10th, 2008, 1:03 pm

Miraploy wrote:But this game is worth it, whether you buy a legit copy or a bootleg one.

Not quite, there are bootlegs that aren't patch-able, so you'll still be stuck with the Japanese version of the game.
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » June 11th, 2008, 7:07 am

Not to mention that you're only allowed to use our patches on legal copies of the games.

Unread postby ayadew » June 11th, 2008, 7:22 am

Else Message shall strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby abscess » June 11th, 2008, 7:27 am

ayadew wrote:Else Message shall strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger

OMG! is he part of the "hackers on steroids" mentioned in Faux Neeus?
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Superflonic » June 11th, 2008, 1:53 pm

Message wrote:Not to mention that you're only allowed to use our patches on legal copies of the games.

That... That too. >_>
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby ArchDemon » June 11th, 2008, 6:06 pm

Message wrote:Not to mention that you're only allowed to use our patches on legal copies of the games.

This is a view shared by all of the staff at mirror moon. Please respect that.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby 智美 » June 12th, 2008, 1:45 am

There's one brand-new on Y!J :

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n58307473

... and a used one here:

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n60690205

but you'd have to go through a shopping service, like JAA or Celga or something. It looks like it might be the only way you'd be able to purchase it...
智美
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby abscess » June 12th, 2008, 2:13 am

http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/ECMB-012.html

Melty Blood Act Cadenza Ver. B. Buyit at least for the upcoming (I hope) patch from MM.

A good shop, if a bit lacking in products, but still very good. I've personally bought from them online and have never had any problem with shipping and such.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby nobaka » June 13th, 2008, 4:33 am

I actually got my copy of ReACT on Ebay. It got shattered in a house move, though.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » June 14th, 2008, 1:32 pm

nobaka wrote:I actually got my copy of ReACT on Ebay. It got shattered in a house move, though.

Oh damn that must've sucked. Do you not handle it with care or someone else did it?

Oh just a question, if a case like this happens, it's not really considered illegal to download the game in this situation is it? (For US or AUS laws i guess)
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Ciel » June 14th, 2008, 2:02 pm

It is illegal sadly. You'd be downloading someone else's copy, which you didn't pay for.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » June 15th, 2008, 6:32 am

In some countries it is legal to download music and/or movies, but downloading software is 100% illegal in every country except maybe a few ministates that never signed the Berne Convention.

Unread postby nobaka » June 15th, 2008, 3:20 pm

-[J1N]- wrote:
nobaka wrote:I actually got my copy of ReACT on Ebay. It got shattered in a house move, though.

Oh damn that must've sucked. Do you not handle it with care or someone else did it?

Oh just a question, if a case like this happens, it's not really considered illegal to download the game in this situation is it? (For US or AUS laws i guess)

It did suck. Tremendously. So yeah, I downloaded it. I bought AC, though, and that's what I play.

Although it is considered legal to have digital copies of the game if you do, in fact, own it.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Message » June 15th, 2008, 4:10 pm

nobaka wrote:Although it is considered legal to have digital copies of the game if you do, in fact, own it.

Legal to have them. Not to download them. On a different note, may I point out that you are in violation of the warez rule AND the MBR English EULA. Buy the game or don't play our translation, it's as simple as that.

As the topic of this thread has shifted to rules violation, I will hereby lock it.

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat