translation of Fate/Tiger Colosseum

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

translation of Fate/Tiger Colosseum

Unread postby yajan » June 3rd, 2008, 1:19 pm

i really want to work on this but as of right now my japanese is not up to par so i would like some help. Another problem is I happen not to have my own copy any more either so i have not been able to work on it.
yajan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby puKKa » June 3rd, 2008, 2:12 pm

I've raised the question of translating FTC before. The japanese in it is very simple, even I would probably be able to translate it with some time, and there's not really much dialogue. However there are a few bigger problems like hacking it as well as releasing it in a good way. Same problem as with any console game that uses discs for data and not something that can be edited and replaced.
iddqd
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby Chronowraith » June 4th, 2008, 12:08 am

it's for PSP right? well if you can get into the game data re-patching it (using a diff utility) and making it run using the homebrew exploits wouldn't be overly complicated. the only really hard part is the getting the data and being able to get it in once :s
Chronowraith
Addict

Unread postby SaberX » October 14th, 2008, 8:47 pm

>_< If this game was translated let me know
SaberX
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » October 14th, 2008, 9:51 pm

Wait is it that easy to translate a PSP game, or is it almost to the point where you'll have to pray to God that it somehow get's brought over to the US translated one day?
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby -[J1N]- » October 14th, 2008, 11:47 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:Wait is it that easy to translate a PSP game, or is it almost to the point where you'll have to pray to God that it somehow get's brought over to the US translated one day?

Translating the dialogues in F/TC is easy, but getting the programs to hack into the disc and edit it, as well as re-releasing it in a way that isn't illegal is hard. So if you're only looking for a translation for a particular scene, I'm sure someone here could easily do it for you and write it in text. If you want the sort of translations that edit the game as in F/SN and Tsukihime, I really doubt mm will be able to do that (though maybe another group would be able to do that, but that's sort of a taboo here)
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » October 15th, 2008, 12:08 pm

So in the end it all boils down to legaility. Then with that I guess the praying to God about this game being licensed for a US release to see it in English for once.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Utsuho » October 16th, 2008, 1:06 am

I'd say just a text translation would be fine. It's not like much happens visually in F/tc anyway, so you could still follow it easily enough even just reading the dialogue.
Utsuho
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby zeroize15 » November 17th, 2008, 1:15 pm

how can we put the translations on the psp? seems to me like we need a patch or something.
zeroize15
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Jedah » December 12th, 2008, 9:35 am

It would have to run on M33 custom firmware ( AKA hacked PSP's only ).

And what -[J1N]- said is correct. The only way I can think of that a release would work is for a EBOOT to be created after the translation is complete and the ISO redone, which would be illegal. A patch that runs simultaneously along with a legit copy of the umd sitting inside is unlikely to work well with the way PSP's are set up. It would have to be a very specific plugin or something.

Of course, the fact that you would need M33 firmware running on your PSP in the first place already screws the legality completely.

I would never hope for more then a .txt translation.
Jedah
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby solopy567 » December 14th, 2008, 1:16 am

Wait, is it even possible to translate games that are not on PC?
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby nobaka » December 14th, 2008, 6:26 am

solopy567 wrote:Wait, is it even possible to translate games that are not on PC?

Yes. By reading.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Xamdou » December 14th, 2008, 8:23 am

is it possible to try hacking the iso of the game?
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » December 14th, 2008, 9:23 am

Yes, it's possible. But I wouldn't go asking how to do it, if you were going to. Not here at least.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Xamdou » December 14th, 2008, 12:23 pm

nah i won't ask how , just asking is it hack-able or not
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » December 14th, 2008, 2:16 pm

Well truth be told pretty mcuh anything electonic is hackable to some degree if you ask me. It's a matter of the drive that would take to fully hack something like this. In any case it would be nice if this was professionally done if you ask me.
Kid-Wolf

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat