How to backup savegames?

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

How to backup savegames?

Unread postby Terra » April 11th, 2008, 1:54 pm

Hi, I'm searching for the savegame files which I assumed to be in the game directory but there is nothing like a "save" folder. I need to backup my savegames so can you please tell me where I can find them? :oops:
Terra
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby -[J1N]- » April 13th, 2008, 10:33 am

There are two locations they could be at. If you only have the 'Fate' route installed, it appears in "My Documents" as "fate_english_savedata". If you have installed the 'UBW' route patch, it should be in "Fate-stay night English" in your Program Files.

Well, if my memory serves me correctly at least.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby handey » April 26th, 2008, 10:12 pm

my guess would be the 'savedata' folder in f/sn folder, wherever you installed it. ;) it does contain screenshots from saves and some files which probably contain the data.
handey
Addict

Unread postby Wesker07 » October 25th, 2008, 3:06 am

Is there a way to backup and then reset the Tsukihime and F/SN data? He doesn't have a computer so im letting him borrow my laptop to read it.
Wesker07
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ryanbomber » October 25th, 2008, 4:18 am

If you're running Vista, try looking in something like...

"C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\[Whatever game you want]"

Fiddle with that until you find what you need. The contents of the folder will probably be mostly savegame stuff. (The directory I gave is basically where Vista dumps files that are written to the Program Files folder without admin access.)

APPDATA FOLDER ARGH ARGH
Ryanbomber
Might just like this board

Unread postby Message » October 25th, 2008, 6:28 am

To reset settings, simply delete all save and setting files. This goes for both games.

Unread postby solopy567 » December 22nd, 2008, 12:29 pm

To make backups, you just copy the save files and put them somewhere else. Its that easy.
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat