Mahou Tsukai no Yoru - Witch on the Holy Night

Chat that doesn't belong in any other TYPE-MOON catagory

Moderator: Staffers

Re: Mahou Tsukai no Yoru - Witch on the Holy Night

Unread postby Gunbladeuser » June 20th, 2010, 12:04 am

antidestruct wrote:We have any new news on this yet?

Release date: 30th September 2010.

Wooo~
Gunbladeuser
Addict

Unread postby abscess » June 20th, 2010, 7:58 pm

Gunbladeuser wrote:
antidestruct wrote:We have any new news on this yet?

Release date: 30th September 2010.

When was it revealed?
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Gunbladeuser » June 20th, 2010, 9:13 pm

abscess wrote:When was it revealed?

In the August issue of Tech Giant.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/humanity6/archi ... 38549.html
Gunbladeuser
Addict

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » July 8th, 2010, 3:40 pm

I saw the release date on TYPE-MOON's official site...
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby sushimonster » July 14th, 2010, 3:55 am

There has been an update to the page. Nice BGM too~~

http://www.typemoon.com/products/mahoyo/index.html

Looks good, so far. This is definitely 'will consider for Christmas' for me.

I've seen LEAF's White Album Remake for the PS3 and that was a ridiculously huge step forward for VNs. Characters actually talk (as in, there is voice acting AND the images are LIVE; they call it MOTION PORTRAIT). Then there was LEAF's White Album 2 (Introductory Chapter) for PC, which comes in 720p native display, with voice acting but no MOTION PORTRAIT there; hoping to see it on the Closing Chapter.

...You wonder if Type-Moon will go that extra step further and make another revolutionary VN with this; would love to see something similar to MOTION PORTRAIT, since that pretty much turns a VN into anime...

EDIT. Seems like Mahou Tsukai no Yoru will be in a wide-screen format. It says 1024x576, which is a perfect 16:9 (though no 720p). Guess they are trying to broaden their audience range who may still be on older machines. Good considering White Album 2 at 720p native struggles running on machines that are less than 6 months old...
Image editor for the Fate/hollow ataraxia English Translation Project (mirrormoon is NOT translating)

DJMax Korea Veteran Elite Member (Top 350)
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » July 16th, 2010, 8:03 pm

For some reason it was a good thing I decided to come back here and check out what I missed so far. Hearing that this will be out later on this year is making me happy that we're getting something from Type-Moon in the VN department now. The one thing comes to mind is who is willing to go on an translate it once it comes out though.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » July 18th, 2010, 4:25 am

mirrormoon... perhaps?
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » July 18th, 2010, 4:32 am

nanaya_shinya wrote:mirrormoon... perhaps?

That's what I'm hoping for if they are up to it of course. not only that, but I think most of the other users would hope that they would work on it when it comes out.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby sushimonster » July 19th, 2010, 8:52 am

Here's me hoping we can bring all the translators who've gone quiet back into action, for one more final translation push.

I like what I'm seeing so far with the VN though. I am expecting voice acting somewhat, though nothing like MOTION PORTRAT that Leaf added to their latest VN.

In case people are interested, the limited edition preorder is being sold now for US$94 (8400yen) from erogeshop.com (though I thought it was an all-ages VN). I'll consider it, once the homepage gets more updates, and perhaps some sort of confirmation from mirror moon in the coming weeks...
Image editor for the Fate/hollow ataraxia English Translation Project (mirrormoon is NOT translating)

sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Message » July 19th, 2010, 7:07 pm

sushimonster wrote:[...]in the coming weeks.

Don't bet on it. If anything, we'll first need to see if the game's any good or not. There's a reason mirror moon never tackled Fate/hollow ataraxia, you know.

Unread postby boingman » July 19th, 2010, 10:46 pm

I hope this one delivers with all the magical action, mystery & horror we know from TM's previous games. Hopefully there'll be a demo/prologue.
Why not simply ship the game with the possibility to choose the resolution you want? 1024x576 doesn't seem that impressive IMO. Would have expected at least 1680x1050 or something.
boingman
Addict

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » July 20th, 2010, 3:48 am

Message wrote:
sushimonster wrote:[...]in the coming weeks.

Don't bet on it. If anything, we'll first need to see if the game's any good or not. There's a reason mirror moon never tackled Fate/hollow ataraxia, you know.

And here I thought it was because it was like Kagtsu Tohya but with a 4-day repeater instead of one. Not only that but it was riddled with massive extras that could or just didn't need to be translated there Message.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby sushimonster » July 20th, 2010, 8:24 am

boingman wrote:...Hopefully there'll be a demo/prologue.

Dittoed, something simple like they did with hollow ataraxia might be nice.

Why not simply ship the game with the possibility to choose the resolution you want? 1024x576 doesn't seem that impressive IMO. Would have expected at least 1680x1050 or something.

Leaf's White Album 2 (Introductory Chapter) comes in 720p and that is rather demanding on most modern machines today. 720p is an HD resolution; I think Type-Moon made the right choice since it gives them a broader audience range, with from what I see, the average individual today running a machine that is about 2 years old. Or at least, a machine with specs from 2 years ago; those Celerons, Pentiums, and ever-common dual cores are still sold for quite cheap.

I'll probably have one ordered and will keep it around; pretty sure that it will get translated ONE day (...looks at FHA...) since it is Type-moon's first visual novel in ages...

Now, I can take a guess as to why mirror moon never translated Kagetsu Tohya (and FHA too for that matter); the flag list on that is ridiculously complex. I'm assuming VNs that require you to play multiple times with horrendous amounts of triggers are not in mirror moon favour...

Considering the price of Mahou Tsukai no Yoru, I'd say it will be a non-linear storyline similar to FSN. The question is, does it resemble FSN or FHA...

sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Gumaster » July 24th, 2010, 12:11 pm

Pretty sure mahou tsukai is unvoiced and linear, so yeah...

I *think* the playtime was around 15hours too, although I might be a bit mistaken on that bit
Gumaster
Might just like this board

Unread postby sushimonster » July 24th, 2010, 1:38 pm

I'm pretty sure the promo page is saying Mahou Tsukai no Yoru has multiple (three) ending scenarios. Well, my Japanese vocab ain't up there so I can't confirm.
Click on KEYWORD when you are at the page, and click SCENARIO (that in itself is pretty indicative that this novel ain't gonna be linear); they compare it to FSN directly.

Here's me hoping there's at the very minimum, voice acting. Don't really care about it being eroge or not (I'm reading here and there that it ain't).

Now just have to decide this or FSN UBW Blu-ray LTD editon. Similar price, release dates, both LTD versions, just one hard choice....

sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Gumaster » July 25th, 2010, 1:54 am

I can't read that at all,and all I know is from lurking around other sites, but it seems to the consensus is that its linear, non ero, non voiced. Maybe the 3 there just means the number of characters? The plot is backstory anyway, so I don't see how it would branch..maybe it's split into three chapters or told from three viewpoints? I'll see if I can get someone to translate it for me..

Offtopic: You're from NZ?
Gumaster

Unread postby sushimonster » July 25th, 2010, 2:10 am

Gumaster wrote:Offtopic: You're from NZ?

The one and only (country that was undefeated in the 2010 World Cup...)

If Mahou Tsukai does turn out to be linear, then I think there's some light at the end of the tunnel; easy to translate, easy to manage (wink wink, nudge, nudge)

sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Gumaster » July 25th, 2010, 2:19 am

hooray for NZ!...Wish we had better internet, though.
And uhh, upon closer inspection, isn't that message 1/3, not 3? something about Fate/stay night 1/3....standard? *shrug*
Gumaster

Unread postby sushimonster » July 25th, 2010, 2:29 am

...Which is why I thought it was saying something like "an ending system like one of three scenarios as found on FSN". Alas, why I'm holding out for a multiple ending novel. Otherwise, I don't know whether the 8500yen for it will be value for money. Some fellow on eBay is selling the preorder for this game at US$175, which is ridiculous considering you can get it from erogeshop.com for US$95. But I'll ditto you for now; we need a confirmation from someone who can actually read Japanese, rather than just moreorless guess what it's saying.

I'm on vodafone's Red Network (the unbundled stuff); getting 2000kb/s at peak times, averaging 1600kb/s at anytime of day. Though yes, internet sucks with the caps, and I've seen speeds of 12000kb/s in Korea, which is actually considered slow.

sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Gumaster » July 25th, 2010, 2:32 am

A tentative translation from my friend who's learning jap is basically, that paragraph says something like
it's going to be better than the other works, but only has about 1/3 FSN's...content?
second line says its unvoiced
And yeah, the price is ridiculously high
I'll try to get a better translation from someone else tonight
Gumaster

PreviousNext

Return to General TYPE-MOON Chat